The Roxettes

IX

All the blood has rushed out of Flare's body. There is no gravity, no air, the world is blackened and screaming. She cannot understand what she sees before her. Paul, fucking Delilah, his face crunching in horror as he sees Flare. Flare's mouth gawped open, a strange croaking sound uttering from her throat.

"Wha?...Why...?" she stumbled with her words, her face washing pale.

Paul scrambled off Delilah's dark body, his eyes wide and...scared?

"Flare, baby! No, this isn't..." He motions to an ashamed Delilah, his mouth opening and closing rapidly, "This isn't what it looks like!"

Flare couldn't take it anymore. With tears streaming down her face, she rushed out of the room, marching down the stairs, out into the bitingly cold air. She feels ashamed, depressed, regretful, angry. She can hear Paul galloping up behind her.

"Flare!" he shouts, grabbing her arm as they reach the pavement.

The house is still thumping and beating, immune to the situation that Flare was now in. She and Paul were the only ones outside. Flare reacts to his touch as if it were an electric shock.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" she screamed shrilly, sending icy shivers down Paul's spine.

She ran across the road, trying to escape the nightmare that was choking her. The nightmare followed suit.

"Baby, I love you," Paul yelled, as he reached the opposite pavement that Flare had gotten to.

Flare turned sharply. Everything happened in slow motion. With all her force, all the anger, sadness, and regret bundled into one, she pushed him violently away. She pierced his eyes with hers, his olive-green orbs flashing with surprise. He stumbled onto the road. It should have been quiet this time of night, but right now, as a result of fate, it wasn't.

The car hit Paul before Flare could even blink.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys comments would be nice!

I'd love feedback, good or bad.

but not too bad, no hurtful stuff. =)

thanks =)