Status: One shot.

Satan

001/001

We were happy. We really were.

You say we were just ignorant, and for the longest time I believed you to be correct. Until it hit me: innocence and ignorance are the same thing, it just depends how you look at it. You always look at things the worst possible way. I can see that now. But at the time, I couldn’t.

I recently heard you say ‘I can convince anyone, anything.’ It seems you weren’t lying; you have always been able to make me believe everything. While persuading me of my ignorance, you made me notice what you thought I was missing. You said that if I tasted the sweetness of the fruit, I wouldn’t want to go back. Of course, you put in a much more seductive way than this; you also forgot to mention that I wouldn’t be able to go back, regardless of what I wanted. After that, I couldn’t look at her in the same way. I wasn’t the person that had loved her. The person I had left behind wasn’t perfect, but I was comfortable and content being them. This new person you had turned me into; I wasn’t at ease being them. I was struggling to go back to the way I was, but I couldn’t remember how.

I made the mistake of telling you how I was feeling about her. You're so good at stretching the truth into a sugar-coated lie. I should have realised then, I have been dining with the enemy. It was a wolf in sheep's clothing, now it's so clear to me

Oh, you're throwing everything you have at me
Cheap shots, low blows
Will you ever let it go?
You're so pathetic
Give it a rest
You're not gonna win
You're never gonna


You may think you have already won. I thought so for a while too. It’s not necessarily true though. If you're not trembling, you better be cause we're gonna be the end of you. I've had enough of your games. I'm gonna show them who you really are

I may be a coward, not a fighter; Disguised as a lover in disguise. I can change that though. I have the power to change, and I can be forgiven. I know I have sinned.

You don’t know the definition of sin. And until you do, you will never change.

Satan, do you want to change? You don’t deserve it, but I can help you, once I have helped myself.