Status: Completed; Comments, please?; Sixalog?

Silvery-Edged Black Cloud

Chapter Eleven: “New Me” Acts

I curled my hair, fluffing it up a bit to give me a sassy but flirty appearance. I had had Sissy cut my hair for me. It now stopped right above my shoulders — and I constantly curled it. Every single strand was always curled.

I had also burned every picture of Josh. Oh, and the emerald necklace he gave me? Well, lets just say that I have an entirely new wardrobe. Yeah, I sold it. I wasn’t going to be stupid and destroy it. No matter how happy I would’ve been doing it.

Christian and I “broke up.” That’s what we tell people. Alison still has no clue about what’s happened. Which is exactly how I’m going to keep it. She’s my little sister. She looks up to me.

All of this I call the “New Me” Act — a reference to the Acts King George III put on the colonists during the 1700’s. It declares that I will slap the daylights out of Josh if he ever dares to talk to me again. Aren’t I just a ball of sunshine?

I pulled on the black hat on my head, giving me an attitude look. I zip up my new black mini-boots. They added at least another inch to my 5’5” height. Yeah, I’m not very tall. Oh well. At least I can kick any boy’s butt.

I walk outside of my home, preparing for another day at school. Josh’s rumors stopped as soon as Christiana and I “broke up.” — remember I use “broke up” loosely. It just proves how easily jealous boys can get. Nobody calls me anymore. Why? Let me take you down my memory road …

I walk through the halls, just like every other day.

That is, of course, until some bastard smacks my butt. I spin around, narrowing my eyes at him in warning.

Before he had the chance to escape, I had his arm in a death grip, preparing to break it as I sat on his back. “Anything to say before I break your arm?” I growl through my teeth, glaring at him.

“Yeah, what motel do you usually go to?” I broke his arm right that second. He screamed. I merely smirked, getting up off his back.

“Next time you or your buddies talk to me like that, I’ll do worse than break an arm,” I say, glaring at him. I gather my stuff, watching with amusement as he quickly scurried for the nurse’s office.

Of course, I had to explain why I broke his arm. I said he was sexually harassing me, and was let off the hook since Joseph knew about the rumors Josh started.

That same day Christian and I “broke up” — mainly so he could go after Mirabelle. Three days later, I got my whole new look. You know Rihanna’s new red hair? Yeah, my hair kind of looks like that, actually — except blonde. I also put some streaks in. Yeah, so I have blonde-Rihanna-hair with hot pink and neon blue streaks in it. Personally, though, I love my new look!

I head down toward the school, just like everyday. This was actually the first day that I’m testing out my “New Me” Acts. I didn’t exactly care what anyone thought anymore. If I did care, then maybe they’re worth something.

♠ ♣ ♠

“Melody … what have you done to your hair?” Raine asks, picking up a strand of it. I refrain from screaming at her. Yeah. Part of my “New Me” Acts: Trying to be nice to Raine.

“Melo-fied it,” I say, smirking. “And I like it.”

“I think you added a little too much ‘fied’ because the ‘melo’ is starting to look like you dyed it,” Raine says, rolling her eyes. “Sissy and Cecilia?”

“Maybe,” I grumble stubbornly. Raine rolls her eyes, poking at her spaghetti with distaste. “You grew up with an Italian and don’t like pasta?”

“Stereotype,” Chris and Kevin say together. Kevin stared at my hair, his eyes going wide.

“What the hell did you do to your hair?!”

“Like it?” Sissy and Cecilia ask together. “We could style yours, too.”

“Free for weddings and birthdays,” Sissy says, smirking.

“Discount for friends and family,” Cecilia says, smirking. “What color?”

“Black,” he snaps. “You look ridiculous.”

“Well, I like it.”

“I like it, too,” Alison says, “It’s the first step of her getting over your bastardly brother.”

“Ah, they learn so much,” Kevin says sarcastically, ruffling her hair. “Say that again, though, and we’ll have to have that talk again.”

“What the hell are you screwing up?” I say, glaring at him.

“That we don’t say mean things about family in public,” Alison grumbles. “He started telling me that after I nearly blew Raine’s head off during a Science experiment.”

“Yeah, thanks a lot you little Witch,” Raine growls. Alison grins hugely, making me roll my eyes.

“Alison, what did we say about trying to set people on fire, cause illegal explosions, and anything else that could harm you or anyone else?” I say, staring at her with disapproval.

“Don’t do it in public.” I stare her down. “Fine. Always wait until Kevin nearly kills someone.”

“WHAT?!”

“Don’t deny it, Kevin! We’ve been waiting for your psychopathic rampage for years now!” Martin says, rolling his eyes.

“Alison, how’s your Spanish?” I ask, remembering that she mention it if Kevin did go killer-psycho.

Nunca mejor dicho,” she says, grinning. “Witches are trained to know multiple languages at once. We can learn just about anything within a week.”

You can. I’m still barely passing,” Sophie grumbles.

“Well, maybe if you started paying attention and stopped doodling you and Duncan, then you could finally realize that it’s not that hard.”

“Well, it’s not like you don’t just stare at Martin!”

“Actually, I don’t. Years of practice, Soph, years of practice. I’ve been able to not look at anyone since … how old am I?”

“Since Donovan,” Martin says, rolling his eyes. “You’re still a little fuzzy, aren’t you?”

“Umm … yeah. I still can’t remember my middle name.”

I probably should’ve mentioned this: Alison lost her memory when she woke up. Okay, not at first. But, the next day, she couldn’t even remember her name. Jake says that if Donovan bit her, then her memory would probably be a little foggy. Great.

“It’s Rosetta. You’re twenty-three. You’re married to Martin, pregnant with his kid and have twin daughters. Then you have twins with Donovan the Bastard,” I say, rolling my eyes. “You’re also his niece, who will murder anyone and everyone.”

“’Kay. Got it.”

Sure you do, I think sarcastically, rolling my eyes, Just as always.

♠ ♣ ♠

I walk through the halls of the school, everyone staring and whispering as they saw my crazy hair. I didn’t care what they thought. Sometimes people call me a whore, but then they end up bruised and beaten. Sometimes I merely smirk at them, firing back with some sarcastic comment.

“How’s the Whore today?” Carlos — one of those dumb man-whores who harass me — asks, staring me up and down.

I smirk at him, merely rolling my eyes. I would’ve loved to just walk past him, but he was blocking my way to get to class. I felt a glare form on my face, as I narrowed my eyes at him in warning. Everyone knew this look. It was my signature before I strike.

“Get out of my way,” I say through my teeth.

“Why don’t you make me,” Carlos says, smirking. He had a reason. He was a big guy. But, he didn’t scare me.

Before I got the chance to kick this cocky-ass to the ground, he fell face first onto the hard tiled floors. He didn’t stay down long, and spun around behind himself. I look around him, where Kevin stood, fists ready. What the hell, is my immediate thought. This has to be some kind of sick joke that he’s playing on me. Why else would he do this now? He’s watched boys come up to me and call me every nasty name out there. Why now does he choose to do something about it? Why not just let me handle it?

I merely watched as Kevin beat the living crap out of Carlos, waiting for him to go all “psycho leader” on me like he usually does. But, he just kept punching him. Carlos would surely die if Kevin didn’t stop soon. I run to grab his fist, making him look at me.

“Stop. You’re gonna kill him.”

“Good,” Kevin growls, breaking free to punch him.

“Kevin, stop it!”

“Why do you care if he dies?!”

“Because then you’ll go to jail.” I nearly And I love you, but instead said, “And then we’ll be exposed.”

It took him a minute, but he eventually stood up, spitting on Carlos before heading back into the classroom. I slowly follow behind, hearing the new whispers and Josh’s glare at my back. Joy. My life is awesome.

But, at least I got the right knight in his armor to save me this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melody’s New Look

HAPPY THANKSGIVIN’!!!!! Sorry, I’ve got a bit of a southern twange. (odd since I’m not really “southern”)