Status: Completed; Comments, please?; Sixalog?

Silvery-Edged Black Cloud

Chapter Twelve: G.N.O.

I put on the thin layer of silvery eye-liner, one of my favorite Beyoncé songs playing from my stereo. I seriously love Beyoncé! She’s one of my idols.

I was wearing a silver dress with gold designs all along it. It was a tad too short — but not whorish short. It really showed off my legs, too. It clung to every curve on me, flattering me completely. It had a single strap, that was two thin gold and silver strings that wrapped around my neck.

It was Girls’ Night. Yep. Even Raine decided to join us. You want to know the best part? No. Boys. Allowed. Yeah, you read right. No boys. None of them even know about Girls’ Night. This night is going to be awesome!

I look around for my phone, debating on whether or not to take it with me. I decide against it, considering the fact that I’ve got no where to put it. Unless I suddenly want to start carrying things around in my bra. Which I don’t.

I do a few last-minute touch-ups to my hair and makeup, before finally heading out the door and to the club where we’re all going to meet up at.

♠ ♣ ♠

As I walk into the club, “Commander” starts playing on the loud speakers. I didn’t wait to see if anyone else was here, I just started dancing. I soon met up with Raine, who had her eyes locked on the cute bartender.

“Hey, Raine, I wasn’t sure if you’d show up.”

“I’ve been stuck with my brothers for five hundred years. I need this.”

“Seems like you found someone you like?” I say teasingly, pointing over at the bartender.

“Yeah, but, it wouldn’t work. He’d probably just think I was some other girl.”

“Not unless you show him your true self,” I say, rolling my eyes. “Come on.” I laugh at her, grabbing her hand and dragging her toward the bartender. He looked about eighteen. Not too bad. “Talk to him.” I give her a little shove, watching with satisfaction as they start talking.

I head back to the dance floor, just in time to hear my old theme song “Lose My Breath”, which I immediately started dancing to. I was thankful for all those years I spent dancing, making it so I didn’t look like a complete idiot.

Some boy came beside me, and we started dancing in the crowded club. He was pretty good. “When I Grow Up” started playing, and I quietly sang the lyrics to myself. It’s a good song, okay? I danced along easily to the music, smiling as I just enjoyed the night. I noticed Raine and that bartender guy dancing together, just as “Wanted” by Jessie James started playing.

♠ ♣ ♠

I woke up to the sweet song of “What’s My Name” … and a hangover. I’m not going to lie to you. I had a few drinks. But, nothing bad happened. I hope.

I quickly took a shower, eager to wash off my makeup. I changed out of the dress, and into a loose black t-shirt and a pair of cut-up jeans. My normal clothes. I curled my hair, giving me that blonde-Rihanna look. I start singing along to the song, dancing around my bedroom like a typical teenage girl, my hairbrush substituting for a microphone. Yeah, I’m awesome!

I hear the knock on the door, pulling me out of my typical-teenage-moment. I brush through the last few strands of my hair, readjusting my shirt, before I finally go to answer the door. Kevin stood there, in mid-knock, ending up in knocking me on the forehead.

“YES?!!!” I yell, hoping I hurt his ears. That hurt!

His face turned bright red, oddly reminding me of a strawberry — one word on that: yummy! I found his blushing face adorable, making him seem like an actual sixteen year old boy instead of a five-hundred-year-old one. “Umm … sorry.”

“Come here.” He took a step closer awkwardly. I stood up on my tiptoes, so my lips were right against his ear, when I yelled, “NOW WE’RE EVEN!!!”

He jumped back, obviously not expecting me to do that. His normal matured-grownup look returned as he glared at me, obviously thinking what I did was uncalled for. Which it totally was. “Really?

“Yes, really,” I say, mimicking the way he said it. “You hurt my head.”

“Well, excuse me! But, now I think I’m going death in one ear!” He glares at me another moment, before finally composing himself. Calmer, he says, “I can’t find Alison. Martin’s been bugging me since last night.”

“And you’re telling me this why?

“Because, I tried calling you, but you seem to go to sleep like an elderly person at six.”

“Last night was Girls’ Night. I didn’t think Alison would show. Ask Raine.”

“Why would I ask her?”

“She was there last night, too.”

“What kind of joke do you think this is?”

“I was serious. She was there longer than I was. I can’t hardly remember anything either.”

“You got wasted, again?

“Maybe,” I say, glaring at him, “It’s none of your business whether I did or didn’t. You should be more concerned with your sister. She was flirting it up with the bartender.”

“Damn …” Kevin says, looking around, “Now I gotta find her.”

“Why not just go to her house?”

Because, Raine was a traveler. She never had a house. She usually just bunked with Chris until he met Laura.”

My phone suddenly rang from my room, loud and clear as it played “Poison” by Nicole Scherzinger. I ran into my bedroom, Kevin right behind me, as I flipped it open.

“Hello?”

“Melody, I have an emergency.”

“What’s wrong, Raine?” I ask, watching as Kevin’s eyebrows rose with surprise.

“Remember that cute bartender? Well … I brought him … umm … home.”

“Uh oh. That is not good.”

“I know! You gotta help me get rid of him before anyone else finds out!”

“Umm … well … I have a sort of emergency of my own.”

“What?”

“Kevin’s right here. And he’s about to break something if you don’t answer some of his psycho-ass questions.”

“Put him on.” I handed the phone to Kevin, where he snatched it right out of my hands. I wanted to slap him across the face. Don’t ask. He still just pisses me off.

“Raine, get your good for nothing ass down here.”

“Yes?” Raine asks sweetly, skipping down my steps.

“WHAT THE HELL?!!! DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE?!!!” I yell, running up the steps. I saw the bartender, wide-awake. I grab something random, whacking him upside the head so he was unconscious. I ran back down the steps, full-on-panic taking over. “OH MY GOSH, RAINE!!! WHY DID YOU BRING HIM HERE?!!!”

“WHAT THE HELL IS MELODY TALKING ABOUT?!!!!!!!” Kevin growls angrily.

“Nothing. And, yeah, I saw Alison down at the club. Tristan and I kept her from doing anything stupid.”

“Who’s Tristan?” Kevin asks through clenched teeth, obviously angry. Raine and I exchange panicked and worried looks, both debating about whether or not to tell him. Now, who to tell him.

“He’s the bartender from the club …” Raine says uncomfortably.

“Who’s … umm …” I say awkwardly, looking around.

“Is he upstairs?

Pssh, no,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“Then who’s upstairs?”

“Raine’s boyfriend.” She shot me a glare. “Umm … Raine, I think you and him should go.

“What’s going on?” Damn him.

“Hey … where am I?” The bartender asks, stumbling in. Raine slaps a hand to her forehead, while I grab another random object to knock him out with.

Raine stops me, yelling, “NO!!!”

“You brought him here?!!” Kevin growls, “Now we have to kill him.”

“NO!!! PLEASE!!! I think he’s my soulmate!!!” Raine yells. I study her for a moment, realizing she wasn’t lying. I fight to hold Kevin back from committing murder.

“Kevin!! Quit it!! She’s not kidding!!”

“I don’t give crap!!”

“Well, duh, that’d be disgusting,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“What are you talking about?” He stops to give me an odd look, making me roll my eyes once again.

“I’m talking about giving crap. I mean, it stinks, it’s brown, and it comes out of something! That’d be just disgusting to give to someone!” I say, scrunching up my nose.

“I meant, I don’t care.”

“Duh, I knew that.” I smirk as I hear the door slam shut. Yes, I just tricked Kevin so that Raine and Tristan could escape. I’m such a nice person, right? “Come on, lets just go to Meagan. She’s the former ‘Queen of Witches.’”

♠ ♣ ♠

I knock on Meagan’s door, shocked to see Alison answer it. “Hi, y’all!”

“Alison, where the hell have you been?!!” Kevin growls, as we all walk inside.

“Here.”

Of course, I think, rolling my eyes. I smile politely as I see Meagan, Kevin continuing to yell to really no one, even though he seemed to think someone was listening.

“Alison came here in the middle of the night. She can’t remember anything that happened after she turned eleven,” Meagan says, as Kevin finally decides to shut up.

He quickly goes back to yelling like a maniac. I roll my eyes, kissing him to get him to shut up. I doubt there’s any other way to do it. I pull away, and he was struck silent.

“Continue. Hurry.”

“Alright, well, I’ve been reading all that I can. But, there’s nothing that can tell me how to get it back. I’ve erased her memory, but she got it back as soon as she died,” Meagan says, smiling weakly as Alison headed toward her room. “Until she gets her memory back, I think it would be best for her to stay here. This setting is familiar to her.”

“I agree. I think this would be good to have around her. At least until she gets her memory back,” I say, smiling politely back at Meagan. “Besides, she’s been missing home.”

“No. Absolutely not!” Kevin says, suddenly coming out of his daze.

“Kevin, I can get her memory back. But, it’s a process. Familiar things help jog back memories. I completely encourage everyone coming to see her,” Meagan says with her soothing voice, “I understand that without her Jesse and Scarlett would have to go back to Donovan, but you all are their family. Right now, though, what’s best for Alison is what’s best for them.”

“She’s right,” I say quietly, “Children can’t grow when they’re only parent doesn’t remember them.”

“It still doesn’t sound like a good idea,” Kevin says, standing up to pace. “Donovan has access to this house. She still doesn’t remember him. He could come here any —”

“Donovan can’t step foot in this house unless he suddenly turned human,” Meagan says, holding her head up high. “He’s been trying for years to get to her.”

“See! Kevin, she’s perfectly safe here!” He didn’t look at me. It took me a moment, but I finally understood. She was like his daughter. He didn’t want her too far away from him. He was always was unstable whenever Alison was gone too long.

“You all could stay the night if you’d feel more comfortable that way. Alison still remembers you briefly. Having you both around may help her,” Meagan says, obviously realizing this, too. Kevin looked up, an obvious battle going on inside of him.

“I think that’s a great idea. What about you, Kev?”

“Umm … yeah. I’d like to stake Donovan if he comes by,” Kevin says, smirking. Meagan and I look at each other, both knowing what he really meant.

♠ ♣ ♠

Well, Alison came down eventually, just in time for dinner. She hardly spoke, just ate and left. Maybe that’s why whenever we were around her, she ate. That was how she lived.

“Why is she like that?” I ask, as I hear Alison head up the steps.

“She just is. Some days I’m lucky if she says hi. She’s been on antidepressants since she was seven.” I felt my eyebrows raise. “She never told you that, did she?”

“Well, that explains why she’s so grouchy.” Kevin chuckles, smiling at Meagan. “Umm … what kind of medication does she take?”

“She hasn’t been taking it in a while. I just don’t think she needs it. Martin’s like her new antidepressant.”

“He’s the voice of reason,” Kevin says, rolling his eyes, “A nice kid. I’m glad she found him.”

“One of a kind. Just like her.” I swear that Meagan and Kevin were bonding here. “He knew how to treat a lady.”

“That’s what won her over,” I say, gathering the dishes. “Mirabelle told me that she accidentally turned him into the old-fashioned type. She used to read him love novels.”

“Maybe that’s what everyone should do,” Meagan says, smiling. “I quite enjoy Martin’s company. But, is he always that polite?”

Kevin and I look at each other, saying in sync, “Sadly.”

“I never thought I’d see the day,” Meagan says, laughing slightly, “My daughter found a man too good for her.”

I held back laughter, failing miserably. Kevin was the oddly one who stayed indifferent. “Kevin, what’s wrong?” He glanced at me for a second, before he quickly excused himself. I sensed something off about him, which is why I followed him to the guest room, across the hall from Alison’s room.

He spun around, cornering me against a wall. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Umm …” Crap. My mind went blank. “Umm …”

“Well?”

I try to remember why I had followed him. Something to do with Alison … “Umm … I was wondering what’s wrong?” That sounded right.

“Nothing’s wrong.”

“Why when Meagan said that Martin was too good for Alison upset you?”

He looked at me, and I finally understood. He didn’t agree with that. “He’s not too good for her.” I told you so!

“You sound like her dad.” He merely smirked at me, pulling away. I secretly wished that he didn’t. Okay, that right there stays between you and me. Alright? Good.

“Maybe I am.”

“I think we all would know.”

“You don’t know the first thing about me.”

But I’d like to, I think, as he walks into his room, If only you’d let me.