Status: Active; Comments, please?; I'm sorry to say that I have to take a break. I'm kind of running short on the attention-span to actually get anything done for this story. Sorry, again.

The Perfect Storm

Chapter Ten: Family Reunion

Image
“Alison?! What the hell?!” I yell, standing up.

“Charlie! I told you that we had to leave in five minutes for the family reunion! WHAT THE HELL?!!!” Alison finally decided to notice Kevin and me.

“Do you two know each other or have I had too many?” Charlie asks, staring at between the three of us. Alison snatches the bottle of beer out of his hand and whacking him in the head with that. “What the hell, Rose?!”

“I should be asking you the very same damn thing, Charlie!! Now, lets go before I kick your ass and drag you out that door.” Charlie’s eyes went visibly wide as he quickly scurried away.

“There’s no escaping your family, is there?” I growl angrily, as I stand up from the couch.

“He’s a very low-status Warlock, Melody, and only shows up for family reunions. He ran away from it all. I’m the only contact he has and that’s becuase I ‘know everything.’” Alison rolls her eyes. “Now, come on. Y’all are part of my family. You’ll meet the Oracle.”

“Huh?”

“The oldest of my kind. Donovan’s even agreed to come with his dad.”

Great. Not one, but two Vampires. Alison, tell me, do you live for trouble?” Kevin asks, rolling his eyes.

“I lived a perfectly normal and boring life before y’all. If Melody would’ve stayed dead then you would’ve never found her.” I knew what she was saying was true. Yes, she had put them all on that crazy journey, but wouldn’t have had known the first place to look without her.

“Well, without Charlie I would’ve gone insane.”

“Does that mean you’re coming?”

“Yeah, I guess I am,” I say, shrugging, “Where is it?”

“At my house.” Alison’s grin practically took up her entire face. “The last family reunion we had was when I was ten. Jake and I were dating, too, which helped me fight back.”

“You do know that I have very thin self control when I drink, right?”

“Don’t worry, there’s plenty of beer there. So you can drink the entire time and forget everything. Unless you want Momma to do it.”

“I’ll go with the booze.”

“Good choice.”

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

“It’s so good to see you, Kevin, Melody.” Meagan hugs us as we came. I smiled at her, never failing to think about how much she reminded me of my own mother.

“Hey, Mel!” Christian says, grinning at me.

“Hey, Christian. How are you?”

“Good. We’re about to play truth or dare. Wanna join us?”

“Sure.” I shrug, grabbing Kevin’s hand and dragging him with me. He can be mature later. He’s playing.

“Hey Mel,” Alison says, grinning as Charlie joins the game. I noticed McKayla sitting on the couch and making-out with Jake. Alison and I made gagging noises at the same time. “Alright, Mel, truth or dare?”

“Dare. Truth is for chickens.”

“Alright. Jake! You always give the best dares!”

“In a minute!” Jake snaps.

“Do it and I’ll kiss you.” That caught his attention.

“Alright. I dare you to have Alison freeze your arm in solid ice for twenty minutes.”

“Are you kidding?! My arm might fall off!” I say, gaping.

“Never choose dare with Witches and Warlocks around,” Alison says, smirking, “Give me your arm.”

I hold out my arm, and within the blink of an eye it was frozen in solid ice. “AH!!! COLD!!! I’m gonna get you for this, Jake!”

“Looking forward to it. Now where’s my reward?” He grins at Alison. That boy is obsessed.

“I had my fingers crossed.” Alison grins smugly as Jake’s face fell. He cussed under his breath, going back to McKayla.

“Oh, crap crap crap crap …” I swear I think my arm’s purple. “I forgot, what’s the punishment for backing out on a dare?”

“Other than complete humilation and taunting? Well, in our family that can mean many things. But, since dinner hasn’t been served yet, it mean you have to kiss someone of the darer’s choice. Trust me, though, Jake will choose the worst possible person ever! Every time I backed down he made me kiss him.” Alison smirks as he shoots her a glare.

“I’m not a bad kisser!” Jake says angrily.

“You’re worse than the Vampire who knocked me up.”

“Hey!“ Donovan says, already preparing to defend himself before he realized Kevin was here.

“Umm … does anyone know how long it’s been?”

“Twenty minutes on the nosy,” Alison says, grinning like her old self. She grabs my frozen arm, and it melts within seconds. She looks over my head, and yells, “HOLY MOTHER FUCKER!”

“Alison Rosetta Muse!” Meagan snaps.

“MOMMA!!! IT’S AUNT DANIELLE!!!” Everyone went silent instantly.

“Where?” Donovan asks, seeming even paler than normal — ’cause he’s a Vampire and they’re always pale.

Alison looked around once, before disappearing. “Who’s Danielle?” I ask curiously.

“Oh, just a ghost Alison sees during every family reunion,” Meagan says as casually as possible.

“You’re lying.” I knew Alison. She wouldn’t be freaked out by a little ghost.

Jesse rolls his eyes. “She’s our sister!”

“What. The. Hell. ALISON!!!”

“SHE’S HIS CHILD!!! I ONLY HAVE FIVE!!!” Alison yells, popping her head in, “MARTIN!!!”

“Coming, sweetheart,” Martin says sarcastically, following her.

“I knew you had a daughter with Katharina!” I say, grinning smugly.

“Yeah, you’re the smartest blonde alive,” Donovan says sarcastically.

“Yes I am!” I say, grinning, “Now tell me about Danielle.”

“I don’t know. Katharina left before I even knew about her. Betcha didn’t know that, Blondie?”

“I’m not an all-seeing Wizard!”

“Witch!” The girls’ yells. The boys’ yelled, “Warlock!”

“We hate being compared to J. K. Rowling’s British version of us. She was intimidated when she met the Warlock, and once she started writing she made the males Wizards. She still gave us Witches a bad name, though,” Melissa says angrily, “While the Warlocks and Vampires become the heart throbs of the human world, us Witches are still expected to be hateful, ugly hags.”

“You’re being dramatic again, Melissa, L. J. Smith is helping to change that,” Alison says, walking back in with Drew, “It really is amazing how she isn’t one of us with her prediction of the —”

“Of the?” I prompt.

“Huh? What? Sorry I zoned out.”

“That’s code for someone just died,” Charlie says, smirking, “Who was it?”

“Nobody,” Alison snaps angrily, “It’s too late.”

“Al, it’s never too late to save a life,” I say solemnly.

“Just drop it, alight?!” She growls fiercely. Calmer, she said, “I have to go.”

“Alison Rosetta —” Meagan starts, fuming obviously.

“I have to go.” Alison stormed away quickly.

“I better go see what’s wrong,” Jake says, standing up and walking after her.

“There’s that psychic bond again,” Melissa says, smirking.

“What’s that?” I ask curiously.

“It’s an ancient ritual that’s supposed to bound two people together using blood. The only time it’s used now is between Witches and us,” Kevin says, rolling his eyes.

“Joseph Leonard Nathanson,” some man said. He looked no older than forty, but the way his eyes met mine I knew he was much older.

Kevin didn’t look up. He just continued staring at me. “Who is he?” I ask quietly.

“The Oracle,” he says so that only I could hear, “Katharina’s dad.”

I looked up at the man again, noticing his dark green eyes that looked like two emeralds. His hair was a caramel color, without the slightest hint of grey. He was very muscular for someone who was older than Kevin with great grandchildren.

“It’s Kevin,” Alison says quietly, walking back in with Martin and Jake. “His name is Kevin. Not Joseph.”

“Why would he do that?” The man asks.

Alison stayed silent for a moment, before finally saying, “Katharina asked him to.”

I look at Kevin, seeing his cheeks burn that absolutely adorable shade of strawberries. He really did love his sister, I think, smiling as he looks at me.

“I’M A ROCK STAR!!!” Alec yells suddenly, grinning as she runs into the room with her electric guitar.

“Alexandria, not now,” Alison says quietly.

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

Alec was busy entertaining everyone with her rock star moves, while Alison disappeared somewhere. With my Ferrari. Yeah, it didn’t take me long to realize that my keys weren’t in my pocket anymore. She’s so going to have some explaining when she gets back.

“Alright, Jake, truth or dare?” I ask, grinning evilly at him. This is where I get my revenge.

“Dare.” He grins, obviously underestimating my ability for him to regret it.

My grin grows, as I think of my worst possible dare. He the most powerful Warlock, so anything element related probably wouldn’t hurt him. But, they can still get sick to their stomachs. That’ll work.

“I dare you to drink this.” I held up an entire case of beer that Charlie had been hiding behind his back.

“Hey! I was saving that!” Charlie says, glaring at me. I roll my eyes, handing him my paycheck. It was close to a hundred dollars. “Oh, thanks. Carry on.”

All of it,” I say, grinning at him.

His eyes went visibly wide as he stared at the large amount of alcohol. This kind would make him sick very quickly. “Seriously, Melody?! I thought we were friends!”

“Not when I loose all feeling in my arm, Jake, now drink up.” I grin. “You can stop when you get sick.”

“Oh, crap.” He grabbed a bottle and started drinking. I’m sure my smile took up my entire face, because it seriously hurt. By the fifth bottle Jake vomited.

“Revenge is practically my middle name,” I say, rolling my eyes as he glares at me.

“Alison, truth or dare?” Jake asks.

“Dare, I guess,” she says, shrugging.

“I dare you to drive this stake through your heart.”

“Really, Jake? You’re practically writing your own will out.” She rolls her eyes, taking the stake. Without a moment of hesitation, Alison drove the the stake to her heart.

“HOLY DAMN!!!” I yell, staring with wide-eyes, trying to make sure it wasn’t true.

It was only a minute later that Alison pulled out the stake, coughing up blood as the wound healed. “I’m fine.” She rolls her eyes at me.

“Sorry, I forgot that you couldn’t die since that bastard decided to stop trying to murder you.” All heads turn toward Donovan as he glares me.

“Charlie, truth or dare?”

“Truth. You all are starting to take this too far.” Charlie grimaces at us.

“Chicken,” I tease.

“Hell right,” he says, grinning. That’s Charlie.

“Did you and Melody ever kiss?”

Holy crap! I think, my eyes somehow managing to get wider than they already were.

“Yeah. We had a few shots and made-out. Big deal?” Charlie rolls his eyes.

“Thank you,” Alison says sweetly.

“I. Hate. You,” I say, glaring at her.

“I’m your sister. I’m supposed to be annoying.” She grins at me. “I’ve just been falling behind.”

I roll my eyes. “Hey, Bennett, truth or dare?” Tristan looks up to glare at everyone.

“Dare.”

Everyone looks around, grinning evilly. “It’s truth or dare. Not murder the Bennett,” Alison says, rolling her eyes at everyone, “AND NOT WITH CHILDREN PRESENT!”

Everyone grumbles at her, before Charlie finally asks, “So, what did you have in mind?”

Alison smirks, walking out of the room that we all crowded. She comes back in with a jar, and shoves it in Tristan’s face. “Eat it. All of it.”

Tristan rolls his eyes, opening the jar and beginning to eat. Within a fraction of a second, Tristan puked. “WHAT THE HELL, WITCH?!!! WHAT IS THIS?!!!”

“Toad’s stool.”

“What?”

Alison rolls her eyes at him. “Frog poop.” Tristan vomited again.

“Alison, that’s such a stereotype!” Melissa says, grimacing.

“I was keeping it to gross Sophie out! When I got it all I didn’t know! I swear!” Alison holds her hands up in surrender, grinning. “But, wasn’t it funny?”

“Y. E. A. H.” Charlie grins. “YEAH!”

“You could’ve saved your breath,” I say, rolling my eyes at him.

“You could’ve saved yourself the trouble of driving all the way to Pennsylvania.”

“You could’ve told me that Alison was your cousin!”

“You could’ve told me that she was your sister!” Dang it! I can’t beat that. He won. But, we can’t let him know.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just love this! By far, it is probably my favorite. It really got to show a whole different side to everyone.