Status: Active; Comments, please?; I'm sorry to say that I have to take a break. I'm kind of running short on the attention-span to actually get anything done for this story. Sorry, again.

The Perfect Storm

Chapter Twelve: Letting It Sink In

Image
I have to keep running. I can’t let them catch me. Oh, Hera, I know you’d be disappointed in me. I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t warn her. I couldn’t save her. Even after all my preparations.

I ran onto the crowded streets of England, running straight into someone. “Oh, are you alright?” He asks, helping me up. He was a nice-looking young man. Dark hair, dark eyes, pale skin that was ice-cold to the touch.

“I’m sorry, but I have to go,” I say, hurriedly running away. Something about him seemed dark, familiar. Dominic! I think, looking back at him. But, he had scurried off along his way. He had changed so much that I barely recognized him.

I kept running down the street, looking around and waiting for their attack. I knew this was the last straw. They would come after me. It didn’t matter whether or not this street was crowded and full of witnesses. They wanted me dead.

I finally saw it. The house I had been looking for. There is where they would be. I watched as she walked out of the house, with three men and another girl. I couldn’t hold it any longer. I ran toward them. “Katharina!” She looked up, emerald green eyes meeting my diamond-like ones.

One of the men stood in front of her, making me stand there, startled by the way he glared at me. His blonde hair was much like hers, and his blue eyes held me there. “Joseph, it’s alright,” she says quietly, stepping around him.

“Katharina, you have to —”

“I’m going,” she says quietly with a very faint French accent, “to America.”

“When?” I ask quietly so that they couldn’t hear.

“Now.” I nod, looking up and meeting their eyes. I couldn’t stop myself from staring at the man with blue eyes, Joseph. That name echoed through my mind.

“I’ll meet you there.”

“Goodbye.”

Vale anima soror.” (Goodbye, soul sister.) I say quietly, walking away.


I woke up from the dream, startled. Alison was the only one awake, and she met my gaze, equalling my emotions.

“Did you see it?”

I knew what she was talking back, and I nodded. “What was that?”

“A flashback. Your past life.”

“Who was I?”

“I don’t know. Katharina was an untrained Witch. She didn’t know crap.”

“But, how can I remember that?”

Alison stayed silent a moment, before finally saying, “You’ll know eventually.”

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

I was shaken from my dream. I wasn’t sure what to do with it. And what about that other girl, Ariadne? What about her? Why do they all seem to connect to the feelings I get every time those monsters are around me? Something just didn’t seem right.

“Melody, don’t think about it,” Alison says quietly, “You’ll be sucked into something that you may not come out of.”

“But, what about Ariadne?” I whisper quietly.

“I don’t know. I can’t find out right now.” Alison turned her attention back to Jake, as he was helping Jesse with controlling water.

“So, Rosie, what does Drew control?” Christian asks.

“We don’t know yet. He’s still only a month old.” Alison smiles down at Drew, as he giggles. “Who knows, he might turn out like Sophie, with no elemental or supernatural ability.”

I look at Sophie curiously, but she rolls her eyes. “I’m a Wingel, Aly, not a Witch.”

“You still have no supernatural ability!” Alison says teasingly.

“Not true! I can heal people!“

“Wanna bet?” Alison smirks, picking up the dagger from the first night. Before anyone had the chance to stop her, she had plunged it into her stomach. Sophie’s eyes went about a mile wide, and she was frozen with shock. Alison pulled out the dagger, smirking smugly. “Told you so.”

“YOU JUST ATTEMPTED SUICIDE AGAIN!!!” Sophie yells.

“I’ll do it again if you scream that again.” Alison glares at Sophie. “The Oracle knows all.”

“What is an Oracle?” I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“The Oracle is the oldest of each family. Our Oracle just happens to be the oldest of them all. Which is kinda why we’re the most powerful Witch family.”

“No, we’re the most powerful because we’re the only family of Witches and Warlocks that are descended from Hecate. Whose daughter —”

“Was the reincarnation of the Holy Devil,” Alison says, rolling her eyes.

“So, wait, that mean …” I couldn’t believe it! So Witches and Riddles are connected somehow?

“The Riddles and us have always been together,” Alison says quietly, “The Prophecies are made by Hecate herself at her sixteenth birthday. Sophie’s named after Hecate’s daughter, Sofia.”

“But, the Holy Devil? Where is she now?” I ask curiously.

“Dione Ariadne and Hecate have always been together.” Ariadne!

“Ariadne?” I ask, my voice choking.

“Yeah, Hecate’s only known relative. You showed her the book, right Jake?” Alison looks at him.

“Yeah, she read them.”

“I have to go,” I say, standing up.

“Mel?”

“I have to go.” I walk out of the door, toward my Ferrari. I plug in my keys, driving away quickly.

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

Dione Ariadne is the Holy Devil. Daughter of Zeus and Hera. Goddess of decisions, angels, demons, riddles, and the weather. She was often compared to Aphrodite with her beauty. She was thought to be Athena’s twin with her wisdom. She was respected by followers of Artemis for her travels and independence. She was a Muse to all who seek direction.

She was the Holy Devil.


The words kept echoing through my mind. I couldn’t be her. I just couldn’t. It was practically impossible. Why now? Why if I was her did I have to find out this way? I always knew there was a reason behind all of this; behind my markings, the dreams, the odd monster attacks. But, really?! The Holy Devil? I don’t even know what I did!

I groan out loud, banging my fist against the steering wheel in my frustration. This was just too much. I can’t handle this. I won’t. It has to be just coincidence that I dreamt about her. It has to be!

I continue driving around town, trying to let all of this sink in. I still hadn’t decided about whether or not I was going back. Probably not tonight. I’d just go to the apartment. Yeah. Spend the night there. I’ll be fine. What could go wrong?

Okay, I just jinxed it. I know I did!

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

I twist the key in the lock, swinging the door open. It felt good to be back in the familiar surroundings of the apartment. Everything always felt so normal being here. It was like before I died, over ten years ago. It was drama-free, casual even. There was no secrets here.

I carried the bag of clothes that I kept in the trunk toward my old bedroom, directly across the hall from where Charlie would’ve been sleeping.

I don’t bother with the memories that this room brought. I was tired. I just wanted to go to bed. I change into my pajamas, and was soon asleep.

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

When I woke up, I didn’t want to go back yet. I was still overwhelmed with the realization. I couldn’t deny it any longer. I was the reincarnation of Dione Ariadne — the Holy Devil. It’s just so hard to accept.

But, all the pieces fit together. Well, almost all of the pieces.

I wanted answers. I wanted them now. I’ve been playing this game blindly for too long. If I don’t get the answers I want then I am sure to let all hell break loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, well, I just HAD to get this out. I wrote down the next chapter in class a few months back. (Now do you understand why I’m such an awesome author? *note the sarcasm*)

Well, I also have a few questions for you!

First: Would you ever wanna be a Riddle? Witch? Rebel Demon?
Second: Which group is your favorite? Can’t decide? GO HERE!!!
Third: Who’s your aboslute FAVORITE character? (No Melody’s! Has to be someone different than Melody! That’s a RULE!)

So, if you answer these then I can promise you an update tomorrow. I’m awesome, right? *note the sarcasm once again*