Status: Active; Comments, please?; I'm sorry to say that I have to take a break. I'm kind of running short on the attention-span to actually get anything done for this story. Sorry, again.

The Perfect Storm

Chapter Two: He’s Bad News

Image
I softly hum along to the Destiny’s Child song, when Sophie and Duncan came out with a tiny baby girl, looking no older than a year. She had extremely light brown hair, almost blonde, and clear blue eyes that were too much like Sophie’s to just be coinicidence. I knew who she was before they even said it.

“Everyone, we have an announcement to make.” Sophie smiled happily, seeming like that tiny four year old that she was when we first met.

“Make it quick before I kill Duncan.” Alison didn’t even look up from the book she was reading. No surprise there. She knows all and sees all.

“Well, this is our baby girl, Allice Clarissa Powers.”

“Awww, isn’t she just adorable, Alec?” Mary says, jumping to get a better look at Allice.

“Sure, whatever.” Alec rolls her eyes. One thing I knew about Alec: She was a lot like Kevin. Of course she smiled more than he does — I know, mean thought again. But, she always tried acting mature, keeping her cool. She merely glanced at Allice before rolling her eyes once more. “Why did you name her Allice?”

“Because the first name of a Witch is what they’re known by to non-Witches. It has to basically have no meaning to their personality, but must be perfectly modern for the time,” Tristan says, rolling his eyes.

Alison sets down her book, literally glaring the word death at him. “What do you know about Witches?”

“Enough to know about why they have to be put down.”

“You wanna test me?!” Alison growls, standing up. “I’m not like normal Witches, Bennett. I’m not afraid to kill.”

“Go on, kill me. See what happens.”

“Gladly.”

“Not if you value your life, Witch,” Raine growls, standing up, joining the fight going on between the two.

“Why haven’t you told her what your mother hunts, Bennett? Scared?” Alison snickers at him, rolling her eyes.

“You should be scared.”

“Oh, no. Fear equals hesitanting, which means death. I was born to take out a Bennett.”

“Why so sure?”

“Why not?” Alison shrugs indifferently, smirking one of those famous smile that always meant she was planning something. “Betcha didn’t know her half-sister was my grandma.”

Tristan’s face flashed disgust for a second, quickly disappearing just as quickly. “A liar.”

“I’ve got nothing to hide.”

“Enough, Alison.” I glare across the table at her. She meets my eyes, sighing and grumbling as she sat down.

“The all-mighty Witch taking orders from someone who can’t harm her.” Tristan snickers, making Kevin and I fight back our punches.

“You don’t know the first thing about me.” Alison glares at him, smirking at her always-witty-remark. I wonder if she will ever run out?

“You, sit.” I glare straight at him, daring him to try and disobey what I say. I knew my odd tatto-like markings were glowing — they had been doing that since the Attack. It was quite annoying, since everyone always stared at me like they were almost scared. Alison merely smirked at me, snickering loudly at Tristan.

I glared at him as he continued to stand, glaring back at me. “Make me,” he growls.

I stand up, Kevin right beside me in sync. “Listen and you listen good. Nobody talks to my sister like that. Not if they wanna wake up in the hospital. So, I suggest that you leave.”

“Make. Me.”

I slapped him with all my strength, watching with satisfaction as his head swung violently to the side, the bright red handprint like a siren on the side of his face. He continued glaring, standing his ground. But, he didn’t need to move. Raine tackled me to the ground, punching me with probably all of her strength. Luckily, I could take a punch. But, she sure couldn’t. I punched her once right off of me.

I stood up quickly, ready to defend myself once again. But, a thick layer of fire seperated Raine and me from murdering each other. Raine attempts to walk through the wall, but ends up with a burnt hand. She screams out in pain — a high-pitched, shrill little sound that hurt my ears. There was only one voice, which stayed calm and smooth, “I’m not just a Witch anymore.”

♠ ♣ ♠

Kevin and I were staying at his place, since Raine locked me out of my own home. Alison also put a spell, so that they couldn’t destroy any of my stuff.

“Soo … whatcha wanna do now?” Kevin asks, kissing me quickly. I pull him closer, kissing him long and hard. My arms wrapped around his neck, his locked around my waist. I love him. If the world ended right now I think I’d be just fine. We broke apart for air, both panting quite heavily.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.” He kisses me again, pushing me back on the couch. I gasped a little as my back hit the cold black leather of his couch, his lips attacking mine with full-on passion. If it were possible to love anyone more than I love him, I think I might explode. He’s just always been there. It took me so long to realize it, but he’s always been there since I died. Even when I thought that we’d kill each other any second, he was always there. He’s saved me more than once, too.

We broke apart once more for air, still holding onto each other. He just stared at me, his eyes warming me inside and out. I love those silvery-golden eyes. I love him.

♠ ♣ ♠

I woke up the following morning, on the couch where we had fallen asleep, Kevin’s arms wrapped tightly around me. A smile spread across my face, as I watched him sleep. Don’t worry, nothing happened other than the completely passionate make-out sessions. I really do love him. I don’t think it’s possible to love someone this much. I finally understand why Alison was always like such a different person around Martin.

Kevin stayed asleep, and I just stared at him. Until, I remembered that we had school. This was the final week before summer. Then I could probably do this all day long. Too bad for school.

“Kevin, wake up.” I shook him, hearing him grunt and tighten his grip on me. “Kevin.”

“What?” He grumbles into my hair, speaking in a different language for a moment, before opening one eye to look at me.

“We have school.”

“I’m skipping.”

“No, you’re not. If I go, you go.”

“Fine.” He sits up, stretching and yawning before looking at me. “Do you need me to break into your house and get you some clothes?”

“Nah, I think I can do it.” I shrug, sitting up beside him.

“You should have Alison with you. At least she can keep Tristan from trying to kill you.”

“Will that make you feel better?”

“You really don’t have a choice.” He smirks at me, pecking my lips quickly before standing up. “Have fun.”

I roll my eyes at him, standing up to head toward my house. As soon as I step outside, Alison pops up. I open my mouth to ask her, but she quickly said, “Kevin called me.” Ah. That explains it. “Come on, lets get you ready for school!”

I roll my eyes, following her to my house. I merely open the door, and am nearly killed by Tristan before Alison froze him in place. I stared with wide eyes, before running to start my morning routine. I can’t wait to get rid of them.

♠ ♣ ♠

“So, did he try to kill you?” Kevin asks, hovering over me, pulling out my arm to examine it. I nearly fell over when he picked up my leg, examing it.

“Kevin, let go of my leg. Before you make me break my neck.” He lets go sheepishly, blushing the color of strawberries once again. He always looks so adorable when he does that. I peck his lips, watching the corner of his lips quirk up. He kisses me, grabbing my hand as we start walking toward class.

“Oh, and by the way, meet me at that Starbucks down the street.” I give him a curious look, making him peck my lips. “It’s a surprise.”

“Alright.” I shrug, heading into my first class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm … only thing I have to say is that I think that picture would be better suited for the next chapter. You’ll see why tomorrow. ^.^