Status: Active; Comments, please?; I'm sorry to say that I have to take a break. I'm kind of running short on the attention-span to actually get anything done for this story. Sorry, again.

The Perfect Storm

Chapter Six: Summer Is Here

Image
Finally, school was out. It was summer vacation. Now, the question was: What do I want to do first?

“Hey, Mel,” Dylan says, rubbing his fist into the top of my head as a typical, brotherly gesture. “Whatcha wanna do first?”

“I dunno. What do you wanna do first?”

“Well, some of us are going to play some football at Alison’s mom’s house before coming back to the party here.”

“What?”

“Alison offered some of the guys. They also said some things that I’d prefer not to repeat.” Dylan shrugs uncomfortably. “So, you in?”

“Sounds like the most exciting thing that I could possibly think of.”

“So, wait, you and Kevin aren’t going on a date or something?”

“We haven’t made any plans.”

Dylan stayed silent a moment, as we walked toward my white Ferrari. “Yah know how I don’t like to get in the middle of things, Mel, but whatever Kevin did couldn’t have been so bad.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m talking about you avoiding him. Mel, we’ve hardly talked since you nearly died eleven years ago. As happy as I am to have my best friend back, you miss him.”

“So what if I do? He’s hiding something from me, Dyl, and I don’t like it.”

“So, that’s it? You’re just gonna let probably one of the only guys who can look at you without thinking about sleeping with you go?”

“You haven’t thought about it.”

“Melody, you’re like my sister. That, and I saw you through puperty.”

I laugh at him, unlocking the door and throwing my bag in. “Can you drive? I need to change.”

“Sure.” He shrugs, as I quickly grab some more sport-appropriate clothes. I hop in the backseat, already beginning to change as Dylan drives. One good thing about Dylan: He respects a woman’s privacy.

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

“Hey, Mel, we weren’t sure if you’d make it,” Christian says, grinning.

“Mel couldn’t pass up a chance to kick someone’s butt,” Dylan says, smirking, “Don’t underestimate her.”

I pull my curly rainbow hair up into a messy ponytail, grinning at my best friend. “Oh, Melody, how nice to see you!” Meagan says, smiling welcomingly at me as always.

“Nice to see you, too, Meagan,” I say, smiling at Meagan’s motherly warmth.

“Yo, we gonna play some ball or what? And where the hell is Martin?” Jake asks impatiently. “Oh, hey, Mel. What are you doing here?”

“Dylan invited me.”

“Yeah, whatever. Look, none of us want you to get hurt —”

I cut him off, feeling my eyes narrow at him in warning to continue. I pounce, tackling him on the ground. I sit on his stomach, grinning playfully. “I think I can take care of myself, Jake, thanks for asking.”

“Okay.” He pushes me off of him grouchily, making me laugh slightly. Martin and Alison finally decide to show up with Duncan and Sophie.

“Hey, guys!” Alec says, grinning. I jump, startled to hear her voice.

“Alec! What the hell?!”

“You act like you weren’t expecting to see me!”

“Alright, exactly how many others are we expecting?!” Jake snaps, annoyed.

“Just Jesse and Ceci, Jake, hope that’s alright?” Alison says sheepishly.

“Umm … y-yeah.” Jake grins stupidly. I roll my eyes, as Dylan gives me a questioning look.

“Trust me, Dyl, you don’t wanna know.”

“Hey guys!” Jesse grins, noticing Ceci had already arrived. Then we play ball.

ღ ♠ ♣ ♠ ღ

I changed in my Ferrari as I parked outside the school. My dress was hot pink, with a black bow around the waist. I wore a black hat — much similar to one of my favorite R&B singers, Ne-Yo. I had on some silver ballet flats, with a silver-chained heart necklace. I had also put some silvery roses on my hat. All in all, I think that I looked awesome in this outfit.

I hop out of my Ferrari, just as people began to show up. The music was blaring already, and I fluffed up my curls a bit. The latest pop song was playing, which I immediately started dancing to.

“Hey, Mel,” Dylan says, smirking as he dances beside me.

“S’up.”

“Soo … are you and Kevin making up yet?”

Dyylllaaaannnnn,” I whine childishly, not wanting to have this conversation.

“Come on, Mel, I’m pretty sure he’s somewhere around here. You know how he practically stalks Donovan for the chance to stake him.” I laugh at that. It was actually kind of true. Kevin was obsessed with staking Donovan.

“Yeah, I know. And Donovan likes to stalk Alison.”

“And Alison likes to party with Martin.”

I roll my eyes. Figures that we still thought about the exact same things. We had some kind of freaky bond where we could practically read each other’s thoughts.

“Which also means that Alec is here.”

“Why?” I ask curiously.

“You haven’t noticed that she crashes nearly every party? Or that she’s been staring at Josh that same way you stare at Kevin.”

“I do not stare at Kevin!”

“No, you don’t,” Dylan says sarcastically, rolling his eyes, “You gawk. Or, let me guess. You merely ‘observe’ him.”

“As a matter of fact I do!”

“Whatever helps you sleep at night, Kitten.”

“You’ve been gawking at Kandi, Puppy, so don’t play innocent with me!”

“She was my science partner. I was watching as she did all the work.”

“Oh. Sorry, Puppy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Summer is here for them! Even though, it’s Christmas time. Well, just incase I don’t get the next part out by Christmas: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO Y’ALL!!! (or whatever you may celebrate)