Status: Who knows?

You Just Don't Know What the Future Holds

Telling

Erin's POV

After dinner, Joe and I laid in bed and watched a movie. By the end of it my eyes were drooping and even Joe could tell I was exhausted. I yawned and fought to keep my eyes open.

"Babe, if you're tired then just go to sleep." He stated, kissing my forehead.

"But it's still early." I yawned again.

"So? You need you're rest, angel."

"I know, I know." I laid my head on my pillow and wrapped myself in the comforter.

"Goodnight, Erin, I love you." He planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"Night, Joey, but where are you going?" I asked, sitting up again.

"Just to do some stuff since I know I won't be able to fall asleep yet."

"Alright." I laid back down somewhat upset that he wouldn't be cuddling with me.

"I'm sorry, babe, but we can cuddle later." He said. It was like he could read my mind! "And no, I can't read your mind, I just know you too well."

I chuckled, "Goodnight, Joseph."

"Night." He turned off the lights and shut the door for me and I fell asleep quickly.

---

I woke up the next morning by myself. Joe wasn't in his spot next to me and it worried me a little. I did what I needed to in the bathroom quickly and ran downstairs only to find him passed out on the couch with a bunch of the baby books we had recently purchased surrounding him.

I chuckled and kneeled next to him, "Joe...Danger...Joey...Joseph!!" I shook him a little bit, but he refused to open his eyes. "JOE WAKE UP!"

"I'm up! Is it time?!" He asked, jumping up.

I giggled a bit, "It's not, silly, I'm barely four months along."

"Right, sorry." He yawned.

"Don't be." I shrugged and walked towards the kitchen.

He stretched and followed suit, sitting at the island table.

"Whatcha making?" He asked.

"Raisin bread toast with cream cheese." I answered.

"Oh..." He laid his head on the table.

"Babe, if you're tired then just go to sleep." I mocked.

"I can't, Mom and Dad are coming over for lunch." He mumbled.

"Oh, I forgot about that." I finished making my breakfast and started to make Joe some regular toast with butter. He dozed off while I did so but woke up when I put his plate in front of him.

"For me?" He asked, sitting up.

"Yeah."

"Aw, thanks."

"No problem. Do you want coffee?"

"Nah. You can't drink it, so I won't either."

"That's really sweet, but are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay, then do you want hot chocolate or tea or...?"

"I'm fine. Thanks, though."

After we finished eating, we headed upstairs to get ready for the day.

"What time are they going to be here?" I asked while we were brushing our teeth.

"Noon."

"Alright."

"Can I pick out your outfit?" He asked, putting his toothbrush back.

"If it'll make you happy, then sure." I answered.

"Oh it'll make me happy when I'm taking you out of it tonight." He winked and walked into our rather large closet across the room. I just shook my head and sat down on our bed.

He walked out wearing denim skinny jeans and a brown and blue plaid button down. "Your turn." He smirked, gesturing to the closet.

"Oh boy..." I walked into the closet and found my outfit hanging on the back of the door. I put on the blue flowing top, brown knit sweater, and denim jeans. I laughed and walked out, "Do we have to match?"

"Yes! That shirt hides your baby bump well enough so no one will see it before we can tell them and you look amazing in it, like always." He grinned.

I blushed and shook my head, walking towards him. I wrapped my arms around his middle and snuggled into his chest. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He leaned down and softly placed his lips on mine. Too soon into it he started to pull away, but I cupped his cheeks and hungrily fought to keep the kiss going. He smiled against my lips, deepened the kiss, and pulled us toward the bed. Somehow he managed to keep the connection while laying me on the bed and crawling on top of me.

"We have an hour and a half 'till they get here." He hinted while kissing my neck.

"What happened to doing this tonight?" I joked, unbuttoning his shirt.

"I can't wait that long." He smirked, kissing me again.

---

"Oh my gosh, Joseph..." His mother said, holding the picture from the ultrasound. She looked at me, "When are you due?"

"June seventh." I answered.

"Are you going to wait to know the gender or are you going to ask?" She asked, continuing to stare at the picture.

"We're going to ask." Joe stated.

"Can you call me up as soon as you find out?" She questioned, looking at the both of us.

"Of course." I smiled.

After lunch, we talked for a little while and then they left.

"Aw, your mom looked so happy." I said.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"When are we going to tell Nick and Kevin?"

"Well, Nick called right before my parents got here so we're going to his house for dinner tonight and then tomorrow we're hanging out with Kevin at his place."

"Okay, cool."

"Yup."

"What time are we leaving?"

"We have to be there by six so like five thirty-ish."

"Alright."

We sat down on the couch and watched T.V. for a little while. He rested his head in my lap and dozed off after a few minutes. I fell asleep soon, too, but luckily his phone woke us up and we left.

Joe's POV

"Hey, Nick." I said when he opened up the door.

"Hey, Joe." He greeted.

"Curly!" Erin hugged him.

"Hey Jersey." He said, hugging back.

"Where's Staci?" I asked.

"Right here!" She laughed, walking towards the door, "Hi Joey!"

"Hey!" I hugged her.

"Hi Staci! Have I told you that I LOVE your house!" Erin gushed, hugging her, "It is just...Wow!"

"Thanks." She smiled. "I don't know if you can tell, but we moved the couch and the T.V. around in here."

"We also repainted the kitchen and changed the dining room around." Nick shrugged.

"That's cool." Erin said.

"Not really." Nick shook his head which made Erin roll her eyes.

"Anyways, what's new with you guys?" Staci asked.

"Oh, you know...Nothing much." I smirked slightly.

"Uh-huh..." Nick glared.

"So what's for dinner?" I questioned, changing the subject.

Staci rolled her eyes, "Well, since you are so picky-"

"I'm not picky!"

"I mean you won't and don't eat anything good for you."

"I do so!"

"Like I was saying," She glared, "I decided on chicken parmesan."

"Okay."

"Is that choice alright with you?" She joked.

"Yeah, it's fine, I guess..." I joked back, sitting on a chair at the island table. She rolled her eyes, and started getting stuff ready.

"The Giants' game is on if you want to watch it." Nick offered.

"Alright." I nodded and we walked to the living room.

"So...How's everything?" He asked.

"Pretty great, how about you?"

"Good." He shrugged.

"Uh huh..." I slowly nodded my head, "Awkward..."

"Yeah..." We laughed and turned our attention to the game. Near the end of the first quarter, the Giants were ahead by 14, but the Packers were going in for a touchdown.

"Are you stupid? Don't just watch him run, sack him!" Nick shouted at the T.V.

"What an idiot...He intercepts that terrible pass but then fumbles!" 

"We don't mean to interrupt, but dinner's ready." Staci said.

"You're not interrupting, babe." Nick kissed her cheek before walking to the dining room. He pulled her chair out for her and kissed her cheek again.

It was quiet as we started to eat.

"Wow, Nick, I'm really surprised that you haven't done anything to attack Staci yet." I joked.

"Yeah, you're being, like, really sweet to her today." Erin added.

"Its because we just found out she's pregnant!" He blurted out.

"Oh my god. You're joking, right?!" Erin asked, slightly amused.

"No...Why?" Staci questioned, glaring at Nick who had an apologizing look on his face.

"Because I'm pregnant!" Erin said, chuckling.

"Are you serious?!" Staci asked, chuckling also.

"Yes!" Erin nodded.

"OH MY GOD!!" The shouted at the same time.

"Have you gone to the doctor's yet?" Erin asked and Staci nodded, "When are you due? How far along are you?"

"I'm due on the ninth of July and I'm about seven weeks...What about you?" Staci answered.

"I'm due the seventh of June and I'm actually twelve weeks today." Erin said.

Nick and I exchanged a slightly shocked but amused look.

"Oh just say it." Erin rolled her eyes.

"The Jonas' are gettin' it in!" Nick and I laughed, high-fiving.

The girls shook their heads and exchanged an annoyed look.

After dinner, Staci and Erin talked in the kitchen while Nick and I watched the end of the game.

"How many mid-night snack runs have you made yet?" I asked on a commercial.

"A few. You?"

"Tons."

"Was the ultrasound cool?"

"Yeah, it really makes it all real 'cuz up until then it's just like 'Oh cool, I'm having a kid' but then you see it and you're like 'Woah, that's my kid...'"

"You would put it like that."

"Well how else should I put it?"

"I don't know...Not that I really want to know, but have you two done it since you found out?"

"Yup."

"Lucky! She's always too sick in the morning and too tired at night."

"It's called suck up all morning, woo her, and enjoy the daytime sex."

"I don't know if she'll go for that."

"If you play your cards right she will."

"Oh really, oh wise one?"

"Mmhmm."

He shook his head and the girls walked in.

"Whatcha talking about?" Erin asked, sitting down.

"Oh you know, the game." Nick shrugged.

"Yeah. Okay." Staci said sarcastically.

"Well do you really wanna know?" I questioned.

"No." She answered.

"Exactly." Nick and I stated.