Status: Who knows?

You Just Don't Know What the Future Holds

Being All Alone

Joe's POV

"Ugh! I don't want to be all alone while you tour!" Erin frowned.

"I know, baby, I'm sorry. If I didn't have to go, you know I'd be here with you." I kissed her forehead.

She just stared at the ground.

"Cheer up, we have a concert here in a few weeks so I'll be able to be home with you for a few days." I stated.

She still frowned.

"We still have a few hours before I have to go..." I looked at the clock.

"Jesus, Joe, is that ALL you think about!?!?" She asked.

"No! That's not what I meant. Sheesh, I meant we still have time to be together so you don't have to be so sad!" I defended.

"Sure." She glared.

"We could do that, though..." I said, looking down at the counter.

"Nah." She shook her head.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because, you're leaving me for a few months so, you can wait that long to have sex. After all, you waited up until our wedding night so a few months is nothing compared to that." She stated and walked over to the couch.

"Erin!" I whined.

"Joe!" She mimicked.

"Ughhhhhh." I sighed and sat next to her on the couch.

"Don't 'ughhhhhh' me. I'm just messing with you." She said.

I gave her a look that said: 'so that's a yes we can do it!?' and she rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Sweet!" I exclaimed, picked her up, and ran to the bedroom.

Erin's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to have a kid now?" Joe asked, zipping up his suitcase.

"Yes, I'm sure. I so don't want to go through all that pregnancy stuff without you. Plus, we just got married, so we wouldn't have much 'just us' time because the baby would have to come first." I answered.

"Alright, whenever's good." He nodded.

"Have fun! Call me. I'll miss you!" I said as he started to walk to the door.

"I'll try, I will, I'll miss you too and I love you." He kissed me.

"I love you, too!" I hugged him and then he waved and walked out the door because we both heard the bus horn go off.

What to do, what to do...

(a few weeks later)

Joe's POV

"Is anyone else bored out of their mind?!" I asked while grabbing a water bottle from the mini fridge on the bus.

"Yeah." Nick answered.

"What about you, Kev?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I'm bored..." He just stopped in the middle of his sentnce so I raised my eyebrows and he took a deep breath, "Dani had to take Zoey to the hospital yesterday."

"Oh, man, what happened?!" I asked, sitting next to him.

"She was sitting on the counter top, tried to stand up, lost her balance, and slammed her head on the floor." He answered.

"Sorry, bro. Have you heard from Dani since then?" Nick asked.

"Yeah. Zoey has three stiches on her head but luckily no brain damage." He explained.

"Aw...I know that you're probably blaming yourself for not being there, but it's not your fault. Zoey wanted to be on the counter and you know she still would've been on there even if you told her to get off." Nick tried to cheer him up.

"I guess you're right, but I still feel bad." He frowned.

"That's because she's your daughter and you love her." I stated.

"No shit, Joe." He shook his head.

"Look, I'm just trying to cheer you up!" I said.

"No offense, Joe, but I'm not in the mood for your you-ness, so why don't you go bug someone else...like Erin. Give her a call and bother her if you wanna annoy people." He stated, so I walked to my bunk and texted her.

J: hey beautiful wazzup?
E: hey Joey! Nm hbu?
J: just the bus roof and kevs temper
E: what happened?
J: Zoey got hurt and he's blaming himself and Nick and I were trying to help him but he told me to "go bug som1 else" bcuz he didn't wanna hav 2 deal w/ my "me-ness"
E: ohhh sorry
J: it's k =/ so u def wanna go on vacay?
E: sure y not?
J: ok...I have a cool place in mind
E: where?
J: guess
E: hawaii?
J: try again
E: Italy?
J: nope
E: hmmm...can't u just tell me?!
J: nooooooo I said guess!
E: ughhh um idk Canada?
J: y would we go there eh?!
E: idk im guessing sheesh
J: well think warmer
E: the Bahamas?!
J: no think south of asia
E: New Zealand?!
J: try one lastttttt time
E: ik it's Australia bcuz that's all u talk about I'm just messing w/ u.
J: oh...sureeeeee...sound fun?
E: mmmhhhmmm
J: k australia it is then whoop whoop
E: haha I'd love 2 talk more but I'm working so ttyl ily!
J: ily2 l8r.

"Joe, don't get too upset by what Kevin said, he's just stressed and misses them a lot." Nick pointed out.

"I know." I stated.

"Seriously, though, you need to get pumped: we have a show tonight, then an E! interview tomorrow." He informed.

"Cool." I said and walked over to my bunk.

This is going by way too slowly.

(a few more weeks later)

Erin's POV

Dani, Zoey, and Staci had come over to visit because none of us had anything else to do.

"Guys, look!" I pointed to the T.V. because there was an E interview all about the guys on.

(italics!!!!!)

"We all knew this pop trio was hot, but who knew they'd be around this long?! I have an E! exclusive just for you featuring one of my favorite bands, the Jonas Brothers!" The new E! host stated.

"Hey guys! Looks like tour is coming to an end...What do you plan on doing now?" The interviewer, Kathy, asked.

"Um, well, Staci and I want to start our family after we finish building our new house. She's going to decorate it herself so it should turn out very nicely. And I may work on music for the Adminisration so I don't really know when we'll actually get to starting our family." Nick explained, sounding a little upset.

"Aw." Kathy comented.

"Well, it sucked that tour came almost right after the wedding, so I plan on taking Erin on a vacation so we can be alone for awhile." Joe answered.

"Ooooh." She raised her eyebrows up and down making the guys laugh for a second.

"Dani, Zoey, and I are actually going away, as well. We really just want to be together as much as possible." Kevin said.

"Wow guys, so does this mean that JB music will be put on the back burner for a while?" Kathy questioned.

"Unfortunately, yes." Nick answered.

"Bummer. Most of your plans have to do with family, so how are your families?" She inquired.

"Things are really good with Dani, Zoey, and I. But Zoey wants a little brother really bad." Kevin stated.

"Aw, that's great! How about you, Nick? How's Staci?" Kathy kept firing questions.

"She's great! She actually really wants to get things with the house over with because she's always wanted to be a mom." Nick said.

"Awww! What about you, Joe? How's everything with the new marriage?" Kathy questioned.

"Well I love being married and Erin's amazing so there's no way things could get better for us." He smiled.

"Not even a kid?" Kathy looked confused.

"We'll see..." He shrugged.

"OK, well it was a pleasure talking to you guys, I hope all goes well!" Kathy finished the interview and the channel went into a commercial.

"Ooooh, you guys are goin on vacation?!" Dani asked, laughing, "What, was the honeymoon not long enough for you?"

"It was cut short! We still had a few more days there but he had to go home and pack for tour." I explained.

"How long are you guys going to be gone for?" Staci asked, laughing.

"I don't know." I answered and glared.

"Well have fun." She stated and glared back.

"Oh, I'm sure they will. Joe wants to go to be alone, so don't be suprised if you come back pregnant." Dani said.

"I'm on birth control, thank you very much!" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Joe's idea?" Staci asked.

"No, mine. I don't want kids right now." I explained.

"Aw, why not? Joe looked upset when she asked if a kid would make things better." Dani questioned.

"I don't know...I wanna wait. I do want kids, but not this soon into the marriage." I stated.

"It really will make things a lot better...I know you guys are happy, but having a kid somehow just doubles your love for each other." Dani said and kissed Zoey's forehead.

"Oh...Well like Joe said, we'll see." I stated.