Status: Who knows?

You Just Don't Know What the Future Holds

Exactly What We Wanted

Joe's POV

It was almost the end of August when Erin and I returned home from Australia.

As soon as we got home we found a realtor and looked at a few houses; none of which seemed right for us, though, at least until we saw the house on Bliss Road. It was a two floor house with seven bedrooms, five and a half bathrooms, all major assets needed in a house, a flight of regular stairs, a flight of semi-spiral stairs, a pool, a four car garage, and ten acres of property. It had just been built by a man who only built it to sell it, so no one had lived there before. The day we checked it out, we placed a bid on it hoping we would get it.

In the first week of October we had gotten a call from our realtor and the house was ours. We couldn't believe that we had gotten it so easily and quickly, but no one else had looked at it before we did and the builder just wanted to hurry up and sell it. We were completely moved in and settled into the house quickly, thanks to the help of our families. Like Kevin and Nick who helped move in the furniture, Dani who helped paint, and Staci who helped decorate part of the bottom floor.

Kevin and Danielle were just as happy as ever and Zoey was growing fast. She helped us pick paint colors for some rooms and even suggested taking the floor out in one room and replacing it with a trampoline. Instead of doing that, we purchased one and set it up in the backyard for her. She constantly talked about how much she wanted a cousin or little sibling to play with which made me want a baby even more.

Staci and Nick's house was almost done by then. Their goal was to move in before the end of November and they were very determined to have that happen. Although Staci was hoping to be a mother shortly after they moved in, they decided that they should wait a year or two because of all the work Nick was doing with the Administration and Staci was getting more opportunities to decorate places.

Things with Erin and I had just been getting better and better. We both now ached for a baby and were willing to do anything for one. She said goodbye to her job at the publishing office in October because we didn't really need the money and even though she would like to become an author, she did not enjoy her job anymore. Her quitting just gave us more time to try for the baby we wanted, so I didn't mind much. She became slightly distant towards the end of October, though, which scared me because everything had been going so well. I just really hoped things were okay.

Erin's POV

"Hey, baby." Joe smiled uneasily when I walked into the kitchen.

"Hi." I yawned a full body yawn and stretched.

"Still tired?" He asked, kissing my cheek.

"A little..."

"Well I made you pancakes, hopefully they'll wake you up." He said, placing a plate full of pancakes in front of me.

"Thanks." I cut my pancakes and poured some syrup on them.

"No problem."

"You're not going to have any?" I asked.

"Nah." He shook his head, "I'm having an omelet."

"Cool." I said, the smell making me slightly nauseous. I never really liked eggs, but I loved Joe's omelets.

He sat across from me and played footsies, like always, "Wanna bite?"

"Sure." I tried to shake the nauseousness away, but when I tasted his omelet there was something off about the flavor. I felt my stomach jump to my throat and dashed to the bathroom, becoming violently ill. I felt Joe rubbing my back and holding my hair while I tried to breathe again.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Not really." I flushed the toilet, washed my face, and then he scooped me up and carried me upstairs into our bedroom. I brushed my teeth and walked towards the bed.

"Joe..." I started.

"Yeah?" He looked at me, his eyes showing that he was extremely worried.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out and saw the sides of his lips turn up.

"Really?!" He took my hands in his, and stood me next to him.

"Yeah." I nodded, smiling back at him.

"Oh my God, we're going to have a baby!!" He picked me up and spun me around kissing me.

"This is not helping the nauseousness..."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just so excited!" He kissed me again and set me back down on my feet.

"I can see that." I laughed.

"We have to get a doctors appointment, hopefully they have an opening tomorrow..."

"Tomorrows Sunday, babe."

"Then we'll go on Monday!" I nodded, "How far along do you think you are?"

"I don't know..."

"How long have you known for?"

"Two weeks."

"And you didn't tell me?!"

"Nope." I smirked, "I win."

"Fine, you win." He kissed me again.

"Do you mind if I lay down? I still don't feel too great."

"You can do/have whatever you want. If you need anything just ask."

"Okay, do you mind laying with me?"

"Not at all."