Status: CONTEST ENTRY # 3

I Want To See You

1/1

hereisadrian has signed in.

I smiled.

hereisadrian: Maddy! :)

daydreamer17: Adrian! :)

hereisadrian: Haha. Quit copying me.

daydreamer17: Haha. Quit copying me.

hereisadrian: Seriously, Maddy. Talk normally :))


I couldn't help smiling every time I talk to Adrian Simms. He's from Manhattan, while I'm from Brooklyn. Even though we lived far from each other, I felt like there's something connecting the two of us.

daydreamer17: How are you?

hereisadrian: My teacher in Chem sucks. =_=" I think he gave me a C. *frowns*

daydreamer17: At least it's not an F.

hereisadrian: I'm sorry, Miss-I-get-As-all-the-time. :)) I'm not good in Chem like SOMEBODY I KNOW.

daydreamer17: Hahaha.

hereisadrian: You know, every time you do that HAHAHA thing, I kind of feel sad.

daydreamer17: And why?

hereisadrian: I would love to hear you laugh.


I bit my lip, thinking of what to reply. About a minute had passed.

hereisadrian: Hey, Maddy?

daydreamer17: yeah?

hereisadrian is typing a message...


"Maddy! Dinner time!" Mom called from downstairs.

I don't take my eyes off the screen, waiting for Adrian's reply. "Wait a sec, mom!"

"Come on down before the soup gets cold!"

daydreamer17: What is it?

hereisadrian: I think I love you.

hereisadrian has signed off.


Adrian and I met at a chat room under Astronomy. I found out that, like me, he loved watching stars and constellations as well.

At first I thought he was one of those internet predators, but then when we started talking and getting to know each other at a social networking site, we learned to trust each other.

What do you mean internet predator? he asked once while we were chatting. How could you think of me, ME, as an internet predator? That hurts, you know.

We talked more often ever since. Got to know more about each other. Every time I had problems, Adrian was the first person I thought of running to.

I searched for his name, but he wasn't online. Still, I messaged him.

daydreamer17: I think I love you too.

I signed off and went to the balcony.

As I looked up at the sky to gaze at the brightly lit stars, I wondered if he saw them, too. I wondered if, at this very moment, he was looking up at the sky, wondering if I was doing the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very short :)
Comments anyone?