Status: Active

Living in the Shadows

Death Wish: Chapter Two

There was a rapping on the door.

“Yes?” I asked, sniffling.

“Are you ready for dinner?”

This was a voice I did not recognize. “I’m not coming down for dinner.”

“Shadows is expecting you.” He informed me.

“I don’t care. I’m not going down.”

I heard a loud grumble and then stomping down the stairs. The best thing for me right now would be to just be left alone. I didn’t want to be bothered by any of these men whatsoever. There was some more loud stomping coming up the stairs and then strong banging on my door.

“Open this door!” Shadows shouted.

“No!” I yelled back.

There was silence and then with a loud crack the door came off its hinges as he kicked in the door. He stormed over to me. I jumped up off the bed and ran to the corner. He grunted as he grabbed my arm roughly and picked me up.

“Let’s go.” He grumbled.

He ripped me off from the floor and pulled me down the stairs. I was all the time trying to push his hand out from around my wrist. He wasn’t letting up his grip at any time.

“Let me go!” I screamed at him.

“Will you stop it?! I imagine you’re a little bit hungry. I’m just figuring that since you’re stuck living here I may as well offer you some decent hospitality.”

“It’s nice when I’m not being forced to take unwanted hospitality!” I continued to try to free my arm, of course failing in the process.

“Well you’ll get over it won’t you?”

He opened up a large door leading into a huge room. The ceiling was so high and the dark green curtains cascaded to the floor. He flipped on a light that illuminated the whole dining room. The chandelier was made of false candles all in a circle around one big light in the center. He dragged me over to a chair and sat me down at it. He then proceeded to get to his own chair. I stood to head toward the door.

“If you leave Rev will kill your father. Sit the fuck down!” He yelled at me.

I did as he willed and sat down. Momentarily, the man with all the piercings in his face came in, followed by the other two, and they set a magnificent feast on the table. I watched them measure out portions on to both of our plates and set it before us.

“Enjoy.”

“Thank you Vengeance.” Shadows said to the man with the piercings.

Shadows started eating his food. I stared at the turkey, potato, and peas sitting on the plate in front of me.

“Are you going to eat it?” He asked me, staring deeply into my eyes.

I pushed it away from me. “I told you I wasn’t hungry.”

He slammed his hand onto the table. “Vengeance, Christ, and Gates worked fucking hard for you and I to have an enjoyable first meal together! Now eat your food!”

For fear of what he would do if I didn’t, I ate the food in front of me. Slowly but surely, I ate it all. Shadows had been sitting and watching me eat for some time now.

“Are you finished?” He asked, wiping his lips with a napkin.

“Yeah.” I murmured, standing from the table.

“Alright then.”

He stood from the table and then walked over to me. I allowed him to take my hand into his and help me stand. He opened the door for me and let me through first. If he wasn’t such an evil man, I would say he was the perfect gentleman.

“Do you need an escort back to your room, or will you be alright to go alone?” He asked me while I stood at the railing.

“I should be fine.”

“Alright then, good night.”

“Night.”

I made my way up the stairs and into my room. I undressed and helped myself to a nightgown in the closet. After putting it on I sat on the bed and covered myself. It had been such a long night that it took me no time to fall deep into sleep.

* * *

The loud knocking on the door awoke me. Could they do anything nicely around here?

“Coming.” I murmured, barely audible to myself.

I opened the door and there stood Shadows. Without even a glance at him I walked around him and toward the stairs.

“So I see you’re learning.” I felt him smirking.

“I would rather my father not die thank you.”

The dining hall was filled with a wondrous breakfast. I seated myself in the same spot as last night. Shadows stared at me.

“What?” I asked, biting into a piece of bacon.

“Don’t get mouthy.” He shook his head at me.

“Why shouldn’t I? It’s not like you’re going to fucking kill me! Or my father for that matter! We’re doing what you asked of us! Just leave me the hell alone! And for the love of God stop fucking staring at me all the time! I hate that!”

I couldn’t tell you where they came from, only that they were there. Tears began falling down my cheeks. Shadows never stirred from where he sat, he just continued to stare. I grumbled and stood. I walked to the door and gripped the handle.

“I will kill myself if you kill my father.”

“You won’t have to, we’ll just take care of it for you if you want.” He was standing now, very close behind me.

I turned and faced him. I tried to study his hazel eyes. I tried to deconstruct his mind and figure out his thought process. His face gave away nothing. I sighed and looked at the floor.

“I thought about it for a long time last night.” I looked back up at him. “Why wouldn’t you just kill me? What kind of life is it to live when you can’t be around your loved ones and friends?”

“Because Belle, we have a lot for you to do here. We’re not going to kill you because we did make a deal. Besides, you don’t want to waste your life away.” He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I flinched away.

“I’d rather die than live here for the rest of my life.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a little short. Some of them may be, mainly because I just feel like that was a good place to stop. Let me know what you think of the banner!! If you want to make me one, or want me to make you one just let me know! Hope you liked it!