She Loves You

If You Only Knew

This was first time in a year and a half that I had seen him. He had been my long time crush. He was the one I could never have.

I had met him when I was 15 in biology class. We were partners, and soon became best friends. All during high school I had hardly seen him date a girl, talk about a girl or even make out with one. He hardly ever went out. He spent most of his days locked away in his room listening to music, and playing his instruments. He wrote songs of sorrow, and happiness.

I was nervous tonight. I didn't know if he would recognize me, or even notice me. Nowadays he had all the most beautiful girls throwing themselves at his feet. But I knew that he was better than that. I watched as he smiled and talked to them. He still wore those black rimmed glasses and that faded light jean jacket that I bought for him for his 17th birthday. Its as though he was still that 15 year old: shy, and quiet.

I watched as he approached me. His blue eyes piercing into me as he got closer. I smiled and pulled my hoodie off. He stood in front of me and smiled. I looked into his eyes and smiled as his eyes widen.

"Jennifer?" He asked shocked.

"Well it's good to see you haven't forgotten about me." I laughed at how shocked he was.

He threw his arms around me and embraced me into a tight hug. I returned the hug and laughed as he spun me around.

"I've missed you, Jen." He said softly in my ear as he gently set me down.

I pulled away and fixed his glasses.

"I've missed you too Patrick." I smiled.

"I really didn't think you would come tonight." Patrick said in a whisper.

"Patrick Stump, you think I would miss up the chance to see my old best friend?" I asked placing my hands on my hips and pretending be shocked.

"Excuse me, old best friend? Please, I'm still your best friend. I know there can be no other to replace this." Patrick smirked pointing to himself.

"That 's what you think!" I teased.

"Please, I know it." He teased back.

I just shook my head and giggled.

"Stick around. I want to talk to you and catch up."

"Will do. I'll be here."

"Good." Patrick stated.

Then there was an awkward silence. This was silence that plagued us even before he left to tour and record with Fueled By Ramen. It's like we were suppose to tell each other something, but refused to.

I looked up and met with Patrick's eyes.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You've changed." He smiled looking me over.

I blushed slightly.

"And you haven't?" I asked sarcastically.

"Trust me I have." Patrick said in my ear. I closed and shivered from his heat. I was nervous to have him this close.

"Hey Patrick come here!" I heard someone yell.

"I'll see you in a bit." Patrick said walking away.

I watched as his figured disappeared into the group of people. I was glad he hadn't forgotten about me. Truth was he had changed. He seemed more confident and more at peace with himself.

"Wow.... Jennifer?" I heard someone ask behind me.

I turned around and saw Andy standing in front of me with nothing but a pair of b-ball(haha) shorts.

"Andy?" I asked shocked. Wow he got even hotter.

"The one and only in the flesh. Now keep calm, I'm not the sex machine I once was." Andy smirked.

"Still a smart ass I see." I shot back crossing my arms in front of my chest, and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Come here!" Andy said holding out his arms.

I gave him a tight hug. He smelled the way I remembered.

"So what have you been up to?" Andy asked pulling away.

"Going to school and working. You know the typical shit." I shrugged my shoulders.

Andy laughed. "Yea sounds good."

"What have you been up to?" I asked.

"Touring, living in a van, and playing in band. You know the typical shit." Andy shrugged his shoulders the same way I did.

I laughed shaking my head in a no manner.

"Yea real typical." I rolled my eyes.

"So Patrick was worried you weren't going to show up tongiht."

"Really, why?" I asked a bit shocked.

"He's missed you a lot. You're all he talks about. It's gets fucking annoying." Andy said shaking his head.

"He talks about me?" I asked shocked.

"All the time. but hey I'm glad you came. We're going to be off for a month. We better hang out before I go back to Milwaukee."

"Cool. Call me. Number hasn't changed."

"I will." Andy hugged me one last time and walked off towards the venue.

"Hey are you ready?" Patrick asked.

"Yea." I smiled.

Patrick started walking and I walked next to him. after a while of walking I realized I didn't know where we were going.

"Um Patrick, where are we going?" I asked stopping to look around.

Patrick stopped and turned around. "I don't know. Did you bring your car?" He asked.

"Yea I did. It's back that way." I said pointing over my shoulder.

"Ok, lead the way and I'll follow!" Patrick chimed in excitement. I laughed and shook my head.

"Still a dork I see." I smirked.

"I beg to differ. I'm a nerd, not a dork. You are dorky enough for the both of us sweetheart." Patrick said faking hurt.

I slightly pushed him and laughed.

"You're not a nerd. As I recall you are a lead singer in a band, AND play guitar. I mean I saw lots of pretty girls throwing themselves at you."

"Whatever, those are just girls who assume they know me. But as I recall, you are the only girl that knows me. As far as being in a band, that's just my job, you know how much I love my music."

"I know." I said walking into the parking lot. "Here's my car." I pointed to my brand new blue Celica.

"Wow! So your mom finally let you get your dream car?" Patrick asked shocked

I got into the drivers seat and Patrick in the passenger side. I turned the car on.

"No, my um-fiance bought for me." I said softly. I started to back out slowly, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"Fiance?" Patrick asked shocked.

"Yea." I mumbled underneath my breath.

"Oh." Patrick mumbled. He sounded disappointed.

"Where to?" I asked putting the car in drive.

"Remember our secret place?" Patrick asked. I nodded. "I want to go there."

I nodded smiling at how he remembered our place. It felt good to be around him again, and for the first time in a long time I felt safe.

If he only knew how I really felt. If he only knew how much I really loved him, and not my Fiance.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the Patrick story. I really love this one. comment/message