She Loves You

Call Up The Buddies

"You mean like a baby?" Patrick asked shocked.

"Well yea." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Wow. Is it mine?"

"Duh. You're the only one, I've had sex with."

He sat there thinking for a bit. I know this had to have come as shock. He has this tour, an album coming out in three months, and now this.

"Are you going to keep it?" He asked worried. I know how he feels about abortions. He should know I felt the same way.

"Yes. If you don't want to be a part of this I understand." I said standing up. I grabbed my bag and walked out into the streets.

I walked as fast as I could. I needed to get away. I needed to spill all the contents in my stomach into a toliet. I needed to cry alone.

"Jen, Stop!" Patrick yelled. I stopped and turn to see him trying to catch his breath. "You. Didn't. Let. Me. Finish." He said between breaths.

"Go for it." I sighed. I began rubbing my temples with my fingers.

"I want to be a part of this. All the way. So we'll have a kid before getting married." He shrugged.

"Patrick, I just want us to work." I cried. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight.

"It will. But it'll just be three of us now. When you're ready to get married, the offers on the table." He said softly in my ear.

"I love you." I smiled kissing him.

He kissed back. It felt like the first time we kissed all over again.

"Come on. Let's go to your room and talk." He said taking my hand and taking back to the Palms hotel.

We got to the floor and into my room.

"How far along are you?" He asked as we walked into the room.

"A month." I sighed sitting on the bed.

Patrick came and sat next to me.

"Who else knows?"

" Only Frank and Pete."

"Shit, You know Pete is going to tell everyone. Why'd you tell him?" He asked worried.

"He's a very convincing person." I shrugged.

"That's true. I can't even keep his birthday party a secret."

"That was you!" I said shocked.

"Like you said, he's a very convincing person." He smiled.

It got quiet once agian. I wanted to say something but I couldn't think of what I wanted to say. I just wanted the silence to go away.

"So we're really doing this?" Patrick asked holding my hand.

I nodded with a smiled on my face. I couldn't contain my happiness.

"Great. Let's get everyone together for dinner tonight. We have to let them know." He smiled.

I smiled back. "Let's start calling our buddies." I said picking up the sidekick.

"I'll call our parents." He said kissing me before dailing his mom's number.

I smiled. I was having a baby with the man I love, and he's just as happy as I am.