She Loves You

Because I Love You

"Panda can't tell him how I really feel. You know that!" I sighed.

I was getting really frustrated with Pete at this point. He was rambling on about how I should tell Patrick my real feelings, and to let go and risk everything.

I had been avoiding him since that night. I was hurt and upset with Patrick.

"Jen, for the last time, just tell him." Pete growled in frustration. He threw his hands up in the air and plopped on the couch next to me.

"I hate you" I scolded.

"Lair you love me. With all your little black heart." Pete pouted placing his hands over his heart.

I laughed and ruffled the hair.

"Watch the hair! It takes a long time to do." Pete pouted trying to fix his hair.

"Whatever Panda! What do you want to do now?" I asked bored and tired with the conversation. We had been sitting on his couch playing video games all morning. That and arguing about the situation with Patrick.

"I don't know. Let's go to Hey Chris's house." Pete suggested. I nodded and followed him out to the car.

"Jen why won't you tell him, that's all I need to know?" Pete asked. You think this kid would drop the subject already, but he wasn't. Pete is always on a mission, and tries his best to accomplish it as soon as possible.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Panda, he told me he wanted to kiss me, not that he liked me. There's a difference. Besides, I'm getting married in three weeks. He told me he just wanted to be friends. 'let's forget about this and move on.' Those are the exact words from his mouth." I sighed. Even just saying those words stung my heart.

"Just because he said it doesn't mean he means it. That's all I'm saying." Pete suggested.

"Pete? You're going to my wedding right?" I asked sadly.

"Duh! What kind of friend would I be?" Pete asked shocked. "You act like you don't want to get married."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I feel like I'm making a mistake." I said looking out the window watching the buildings past by. I wanted to tell Pete the truth about Will, but I knew the news would want to have him killed.

"It's because you love Patrick and not Will." Pete smirked.

"Shut up Panda!" I snapped and pushed him playfully.

Pete turned up the radio and stayed quiet for the rest of the drive. Soon after we arrived at Hey Chris's house. I got out of the car and saw a familiar car. I turned and glared at a grinning Pete.

"What? I didn't know he was going to be here." Pete said walking past me and trying to avoid me.

"Bullshit you lair, you avoid contact when you lie and that's what you're doing right now!" I yelled trailing after him.

The door opened and soon came running out Dirty, Hey Chris, and Patrick. They probably were running from some disaster they did.

Pete walked up to Patrick and whispered something in his ear. I turned and walked back to the car. I leaned on the driver's side door. I still didn't have the courage to talk to Patrick. I was too afraid of getting my heart broken again.

"Hey you. I haven't seen you in a while." I looked up and saw Patrick standing next to me. I smiled weakly and looked away. God he was beautiful.

"Hi." I said softly.

Then came that damn silence. DIE SILENCE DIE SILENCE! Bang, bang. My conscience shot it. I grinned evilly to myself.

"Patrick , about the kiss-" I started. I heard him sigh. I just wanted to know if he felt anything with that kiss.

"Jen I thought we were going to forget about it and move on. I have. Can't we just be best friends again?" Patrick asked with pleading eyes.

I turned my whole body to look at him. I was shocked, angry, and hurt. He shot me down. My heart was shattered. How could he think that I would forget about this so fast?

"How can you forget something like that? You agreed to forget about it and move on, not me. That kiss meant something to me, but it obivously meant nothing to you. No Patrick, we can't go back to being best friends. I will not forget about what happened. I'm sorry it won't work that way with me." I slightly yelled fighting back the tears.

"Why won't you?" Patrick said softly and calmly. I could hear the hurt in his voice. I could hear how venerable he really was. I can see right through his tough guy act.

"Because I LOVE YOU. I'm in love with you. I have been for the longest time." I said calming down. I looked down at my shoes not wanting him to see my tears, and not wanting to see his reaction. I can't believe I said that. I closed my eyes and looked back trying to fight the tears. "I have to go."

I turned and started to walk down the street. I didn't know where I was going. I just knew that I had to get away from Patrick. I had to get away from everything.

I heard footsteps coming closer to me.

"Jen wait.......please." Patrick yelled trying to catch up to me. I pretended I didn't hear him and continued walking to my unknown destination. Patrick grabbed my arm and turned me around. He head fell on his chest.

"What?" I snapped. I tried pulling him away from me but he pulled me closer to him. I love him and couldn't walk away pretending that I didn't love him.

"I.....I love you too. I always have." Patrick whispered. He caressed my left cheek with his hand. He gently wiped away all of my tears.

I looked up meeting his eyes. "You do?" I asked shocked. He didn't say anything, but nodded. I smiled. I couldn't have been happier than I was at that moment.

"I didn't think you would ever feel the same way. You're the only girl that gets me. You're the only I've ever wanted." Patrick whispered again stroking my hair.

I didn't say anything his time. I just kissed him and he kissed back wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled into the kiss. I couldn't believe this was actually happening.

We both pulled away at the same time and smiled at each other. We heard clapping and turned our heads to see Hey Chris, Pete, and Dirty smiling at us.

"It's about time these two shit heads finally realized that they liked each other." Dirty smirked.

"I know." Pete grinned. I knew Pete was happy that he got us to talk things over. He was always happy seeing his friends happy.

"So are you guys going to stand in the middle of the street and kiss, or come over?" Chris asked.

"We're going to my house. We have a lot to talk about." Patrick answered smiling at me. I nodded agreeing with him.

"Ok but use a condom!" Dirty smirked. Patrick glared at him while the rest of them giggled.

Patrick grabbed my right hand and pratically ran to the car dragging me along.

My thoughts were racing. Everything seemed perfect. I love Patrick, and he loves me.

Life was perfect at that very moment, or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I thought I heard you say 'I like you.'"

how is everyone?