Sequel: The Road.
Status: The End! Sequel Is Up!

Twins.

Chapter Fifteen.

I look out my window as the suns gives out its last rays of light. Ariana had left, and I figured she would come back after a couple of hours of cooling down, but it was already night, and there was no news about her.

I had tried calling her to apologize, but her phone was shut off. I really hadn’t meant to punch her so hard, I had acted out on anger, and I felt horrible about it.

I groan and walk out of my room; I could hear Carmen talking on the phone as I walk down the stairs. I walk out of the house and sigh. I know Carmen is going to try and blame me for the whole thing, and that it was my entire fault that Ariana had left the house… well the last part was my fault, but I hadn’t meant for that to happen.

I know if she could she would kick me out of the house and tell me to look for my own place, but unfortunately for her it was me who owned the house and not her.

I sit on the grass and stare out at the street, was I really a snobby bitch? Sure I wasn’t afraid to show that I had money, but I certainly didn’t think I was better than any person just for being rich, I had never looked down on a person just because they weren’t as rich as me.

“I guess you’re really good friends with her.” I hear someone say from a distance.

I look to my right and notice Jack walking towards me, “she isn’t back yet.” I say and stare out at the road once more, “I don’t think she’ll be coming back any time soon.” I murmur, and sigh as I stand up.

“So, what are you still doing here?” He asks, and I shrug as I start walking away from my house.

“You want to know something?” He asks as he walks behind me.

“Not really,” I say in a low voice and just keep walking.

“I’ve been trying to figure out how you and Ariana became friends, you two never spoke a single word to each other in school, and she never mentioned you when she hung out with us.”

I keep quiet hoping he would just walk away, or change the topic.

“At first I thought it was just a girl thing, but then she and Alex got into a fight, and it was as if you and Ariana had changed roles. Instead of Ariana being the best friend, it was you, and instead of you being the lonely girl in the corner, it was Ariana.”

“Is there a point to any of this?” I ask.

“I’m getting to it.”

I sigh and groan mentally, I should have just told him that I had somewhere important to be at.

“You never want anybody to take you home, and for some reason you always go to Ariana’s house without even calling her to see if she’s home.”

I feel my heart increase and my palms go sweaty. For some reason I knew that what Jack was going to say next was not going to be good.

“And then last night I noticed something,” he paused and stopped walking, causing me to do the same.

“You and Ariana look a lot like, almost as if you two were twins.”

I gulp and try to remain calm, “I don’t know what you’re talking about, me and Ariana look nothing alike.”

“It seems that way because you two are so different from each other, you have blue hair and she has black hair, she wears a lot of make-up and you don’t. You two dress and act differently but there’s no denying you both have similar features. You both have long eye lashes, the same shaped eyebrows, freckles, you’re bone structure, natural blond hair-“

“You’re describing a lot of people.” I cut him off.

Jack sighs and looks me straight in the eyes, “I know she’s your twin sister, Meghan.”

“You’re insane,” I simply say and walk away.

“I know all about Robert Carlson,” Jack says in a loud voice as he walks towards me.
I breathe in deeply and exhale as I continue walking.

“He was the owner of some successful modeling agencies in the U.K. and Europe, his wife Ashley was a fashion designer and they died two years ago in a car accident.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I know you do, because I found an article with your picture in it.”

“Please stop,” I whisper as I look away from him.

“You received everything they owned, the model agencies, the houses and condos, their money, everything except-“

“His snow globe collection,” I say in a low voice.

“That went to his daughter Ariana, who nobody knew about… not even you.”

“When I heard about the news I thought we were going to be the best of friends, and it was going to be great but she turned out to be nothing more than a bitch.”

“What happened?”

“She threw out the one thing my dad cared about besides his family; she didn’t want to understand the sentimental value that it had, because in a way those snow globes represented her. It was a way for my dad to remember her, and knowing he would see her one day to give them to her, and she didn’t even care.”

I look at Jack, I wanted to see his expression, but it was hard to see him through the darkness.

“How did you find out about this?”

“The internet, I just searched your name and all those things popped up.”

“Are you going to tell Alex?”

“I don’t think that would be the best idea.”

I nod, I feel a sense of relief, for some reason the thought of Alex knowing about me and Ariana made my stomach go in knots, he wouldn’t look at me the same way. If he knew he wouldn’t want to talk to me and that would break my heart.

“I’ll see you around,” I say in a low voice and dig my hands into my pockets and walk back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it took me some time to update.
Sorry, but here it is.