Sequel: The Road.
Status: The End! Sequel Is Up!

Twins.

Chapter Seventeen.

I stare at the TV without really paying attention to it, all I could think of was the message Ariana had sent me a couple of weeks ago. I had memorized every single word without really intending to, but she was right, I don’t know who she is because I never gave her the time to show me, I just wrote her off because I was angry. We grew up completely different, and I hadn’t realized that everything I knew were lies, I grew up believing in things that weren’t true, while she grew up with nothing but the truth.

I had come up with a million replies in my head, but I realized that the things I needed to tell her needed to be said and not written.

“Meghan?” I turn to look at Alex as he raises his eyebrow.

“Sorry, I just have a lot of things running through my head.” I reply with a small smile.

“What kind of things?” he asks as he takes my hand in his, causing my stomach to fill up with butterflies.

“I don’t want to bore you.”

“You don’t bore me, I love it when you don’t make sense and you start talking about random stuff,” he says with an amused smile.

“I can’t tell if you’re making fun of me or if you actually meant that,” I say as I narrow my eyes at him.

Alex sighs as he takes my other hand and looks at me straight in the eyes, “what’s the one thing I really like about you?”

“My weirdness,” I reply with a smile,

“Do you still think I was making fun of you?” He asks with a raised eyebrow.

I shake my head as I smile feeling slightly embarrassed.

“So what were you thinking about?”

“About the future,” I lie; I didn’t want to tell him I had just been thinking about Ariana.

“You have your music and your friends… you know what you want to do.”

“What do you want to do?”

“I want to draw, but if I do that then the all the studying and hard work I put into school would be for nothing.”

“That’s not true,” Alex says, and I look at him with a questioning look.

“That just shows how determined you are, that you actually care about the future.”

I sigh and nod, “I guess you’re right, I mean if all fails I can always go to school for something else.”

Alex smiles as he looks down at our intertwined hands.

“You know… I’ve been thinking too,” he says looking back at me.

“Thinking about what?”

“You,” he says in a low voice.

“Me?”

He nods with a small smile, “I wish I had taken the time to know you better when we were still in school, maybe things would have been different.”

“I wish I had done the same,” I say in a sad tone.

I look down at our hands feeling my heart ache, was he telling me that he didn’t like me the way I liked him? I breathe in deeply and look back up at him.

“I really like you Alex,” I blurt out as I feel my cheeks go hot.

“I know,” Alex replies with an amused smile causing my heart beat to increase, “and I really like you too.”

Alex lets go of my hands and tucks a lose strand of blue hair behind my ear, “I want to stop wondering what would have happened if I had asked you out in High School, so I’m asking you now.”

“On a date?” I ask confused.

Alex laughs and shakes his head, “to be my girlfriend.”

I smile feeling happier than I ever thought imaginable.

“I’m taking that as a yes?”

I nod happily, “It’s a yes,” I reply as I try to contain my emotions.

“I’m glad,” he says as his lips touch my own.

________________________________ALEX.
Jack stops playing his guitar and stares at me with wide eyes. “You what!?” He shrieks.

“I asked her to be my girlfriend.” I repeat, and I can’t help but smile.

“What about Ariana?”

I sigh and stare out my bedroom window. “I don’t know Jack, but I’m tired of trying to talk to her, I’ve been trying to fix things and she just won’t listen.”

I sigh once more and look at Jack, who’s still staring at me, “so naturally you would ask Meghan to be your girlfriend?”

“No, but I’ve been thinking about it, and the only reason why I never asked Meghan out in high school was because I always thought that me and Ariana had a shot at being together, but I was afraid that if we became more than friends it would ruin our friendship and I didn’t want that to happen.”

“So you hoped Ariana would be the one to say something.” Jack concluded, understanding my train of logic.

“Yeah but she never did, and after graduation I decided there was no point of hoping anymore, and that’s why I decided to talk to Meghan that night at the party, and it was so easy to talk to her, and whenever I’m with her I feel comfortable and happy, but then I think about Ariana, and how much she means to me, but I just can’t keep playing the fighting game with her. I’m tired of fighting with her, then making up and then fighting again.”

Jack sighs and stands up from the floor and sits beside me on the bed, “just make sure you do things for the right reasons.”

I nod and Jack goes back to playing his guitar.
♠ ♠ ♠
C:
Hope you liked it, and thanks for reading.
It means a lot.