Sequel: The Road.
Status: The End! Sequel Is Up!

Twins.

Chapter Nine.

I stare at my ceiling waiting for sleep to get caught up with me. I sigh and sit up. I wasn’t going to be able to sleep any time soon. I get out of bed and slip into my blue slippers, I walk out of my room and head to the living room, to my disappointment Carmen was sitting on the couch watching what I believe a soap opera. I sigh and turn around to head back to my room.

“Meghan,” I hear Carmen say my name.

I roll my eyes and turn around to look at her, “yes Carmen?”

“Come and sit next to me.” She says with a small smile.

I nod and walk towards her, and then sit on the couch.

I stare at the TV unable to think of anything to say I sigh and look around; Ariana wasn't here.

“Where is Ariana?” I ask

“She went out with Alex, it's their anniversary.” Carmen replies with a smile.

"Anniversary?"

"Yeah, today was the day they became best friends."

“Oh, that’s nice.”

“You like Alex, don’t you Meghan?”

I feel my cheeks go red; I couldn’t believe she was asking me this, “Carmen!” I say with a small laugh.

Ariana and Alex had made up yesterday, I saw them from my bedroom window, Ariana left with Alex and didn't come until today in the morning, and said she needed to get ready but didn't really say what for. I guess she needed to get ready to go out with Alex.

“Why do you call me Carmen? You know you can call me mom.”

I stare at her in shock, two years ago I didn’t even know who she was, or for that matter that she existed.

“I don’t feel comfortable saying that word to you Carmen, I’m sorry but you have to understand that I grew up believing that somebody else was my mom, I didn’t know about you, or Ariana.”

Carmen looks at me as if somebody had just slapped her across the face.

“I didn’t mean to offend you,” I say in a low voice.

“It’s not you, it’s your cheating jackass of a father, shagging up with that slu-”

“Don’t talk about them like that!” I shout as I stand up.

“It’s the truth, that fucking bastard had the nerve to ask for a divorce right after I gave birth, and to what? To get married to that whore, Ashley! And not only that, he wanted to take both you and Ariana away from me; those two got what they deserved.” Carmen spat sourly.

I gasp unable to believe what had just come out of her mouth; I slap her across the face as I glare at her.

She touches her cheek as she stands up and then glares at me before slapping me hard across the face.

“Insulting somebody is one thing, but being happy about their death is not right, it’s just sick!” I shout and run up to my room, Carmen right behind me.

I take off my slippers and slip into some flats, I look down and notice they don’t match, but it doesn’t matter, I just need to get out of this house. I walk to my dresser and then grab my tote bag that's laying beside it.

“Your father wasn’t the saint you thought he was, he was worthless!”

“Stop it! He was great dad, and he loved me, and you’re just bitter because he left you for a better woman!” I shout.

“She was nothing but a whore!”

I run down the stairs and open the front door quickly before Carmen can stop me; I slam the door and run down the street. I didn't care that I was crying like a little baby, or that my hair was all out of place, I just didn't want to see that woman.

How dare she say those things?

I wipe away the angry tears and take out my cell phone from my bag as I continue walking down the road.

I look through my contacts, I see Alex’s name, I want to call him so bad, but he’s with Ariana, and I don’t want any more arguments, I keep browsing until I find Jack’s number, I press the green button and hope he answers.

Ring, ring, ring, ring.

No answer. I groan pressing the 'end' button.

I stare at Alex's name and decide to call him, hopefully he wasn't too busy with Ariana.

Ring, ring, ri-

"Hey," Alex answers with a cheery voice.

"Hey Alex, I know you're probably busy, I tried calling Jack, bu-"

"What's wrong?" He asks as he cuts me off.

I sniff trying to stop crying, but the tears just keep coming.

"I got into a fight with my mom, and I don't want to be alone." I cry out.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the corner of Maple and Reo."

"I'll be there in a few."

"Thank you."

I wipe my eyes and wait for Alex, twenty minutes later his car pulls over next to me, I expected Ariana to be in the passenger seat looking angry, but to my surprise it was Jack.

I hop into the backseat, and try to smile but my lips just begin to quiver.

"Where's Ariana?" I ask as my voice breaks.

"She's at my house, I told her I needed to help out a friend, and then I went to pick up Jack."

"I hope you like bowling." Jack says as he turns to look at me.

"What?"

"We're going bowling, you, me, Alex, and Ariana."

"But I'm only wearing pajamas, and I don't have matching shoes," I sniff.

"It doesn't matter, it's cosmic bowling."

I catch Alex's eyes on the rearview mirror, he smiles sadly, I try to smile but I frown instead, I look away and out the window, Hopefully Ariana won't kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
Thanks to all the new subscribers.