Status: Completed

Do You Remember

...the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus concert we went to?

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus concert we went to wasn’t the first concert we went to (I actually think our first concert was Justin Timberlake, of all people, when we were 12 and 13, before we discovered good music), and it wasn’t the second or the third or anything spectacular. We went to a whole heap of concerts back in middle and high school, but the RJA concert was definitely the one that stands out to me. It was our first concert that we were able to look and act like a couple without people getting suspicious.

It was a few weeks after everyone found out about us, and, to be completely honest, in those few weeks, I never felt happier, except for the day that you told me you loved me for the first time. We were just completely at ease around each other and our friends and it put me in incredibly high spirits. Every time I kissed you in public, it made my heart swoop strangely in my chest and butterflies erupt in my stomach (not that that never happened when I kissed you when we weren’t in public; I still get butterflies even now every time I kiss you). I think it was the fact that I was able to show off that you’re mine, and nobody else’s. I know, you’ve complained to me about this a thousand times, I’m a selfish bitch when it comes to you. I swear, if you wouldn’t’ve cut my head or dick off for doing it, I would’ve literally growled like a dog protecting its owner at any of the girls (or guys) who looked at you with lust in their eyes. This was before we came out. After, all I had to do was stick my tongue down your throat and those people would back the fuck off and go to find some other person’s boyfriend to steal.

Anyway, I think I just got completely off topic. I was supposed to be talking about the concert, wasn’t I? You know how I always get distracted.

So!

I remember when you were still up to going to concerts, that you always wanted to be there hours before it started, just so that we could hopefully get to the front. Me, I didn’t really care either way. We were still going to see the band, whether we were up the front or not.

But of course, you always got your way, because I’m completely and utterly whipped and not ashamed to admit it. So, at 3:00pm (the concert started at 7, if I remember correctly) we started getting ready. You went to take a shower while I scoured my closet for something decent to wear. I decided on a pair of red skinny jeans and a plain black v-neck t-shirt and the Vans that you gave me for our anniversary. The hair straightener was in the bathroom with you, so I just sat on my bed and twiddled my thumbs. Literally. You cracked up laughing when you walked out of the bathroom completely naked and saw me on the bed, staring off into space, twiddling my thumbs and humming a random song. The sound had alerted me of your presence and I stopped right away and looked up.

“God you’re hot,” I told you, as if it were completely obvious (which it is).
“Oh shut up,” you said, hiding a smile.

You walked over to my closet and started digging around in it. I, of course, had my eyes glued to you. After a little while, you stood up straight with a pair of white skinny jean shorts in your hand and a purple top.

“What do you think of this?” you asked.
I was still staring intently at you, specifically at parts of you that are below your bellybutton. I swear, I’m obsessed, I have been since the first time I saw you naked.

“Josh!”
You clicked in front of my face and I snapped my head up to look at your face.
I wiped the drool off my chin, and asked, “Yeah?”
You sighed, “What. Do. You. Think. Of. This?” and held up your clothing ensemble once again.
“Mm, it’s good… you know… those pants are very tight… there’s not gonna be too much that can fit under those…”
You smirked, “Oh, I know, that’s why I didn’t grab any boxers out.”
“Gaahhhhd. Stop being so sexy. And get dressed, so that I don’t have to get undressed again.”

You nodded, and quickly put your my clothes on. Once you’d done that, and I didn’t have anything to stare at anymore, I headed to the bathroom to straighten my hair and you followed a second later to put a bit of eyeliner around your eyes.

It didn’t take us too long to leave the house after that, and very soon we were sitting out the front of the venue with a few other dedicated fans. We had brought a snack and a kid’s activity book (cause we were between ages 7-10) with us cause we knew we’d be there for a while, but we forgot something very important. We forgot that it was getting very close to Winter. And it was freaking freezing. As soon as your teeth started chattering, I pulled you into my arms, and held you tight. And we stayed that way, wrapped around each other until the line finally started moving. We got into the venue quite quickly and I was relieved it was warm in there.

You grabbed my arm as soon as they took our tickets and dragged me all the way to the front of the stage. We were right in the middle, exactly where you wanted, as you yelled to me over the racket off all the other people coming in.

It didn’t take too long for it to be packed. We had actually switched positions so that I was standing behind you with my arms on either side of you and my stomach pressed against your back. Several people asked us if we were more than friends. It made my heart soar and a huge smile jump to my face whenever someone asked, and, you laughed at me because of this, I squealed a “yes!” to them.

After the fifth person asked, and I answered, the crowd heard a clattering of drums and a strumming of guitars come from behind the heavy red curtain.

You turned to me, and said, “It’s starting!”
Your eyes were shining in anticipation, and then you turned around, just as the red curtain moved to reveal the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus in the flesh. You joined in with the rest of the crowd’s screaming as they started up their first song.

I don’t need to say this, but I will anyway. It was definitely the best concert we ever went to. But my favourite part, the part that has always stuck in my mind like glue, was when they played Your Guardian Angel. We swayed side to side right at the front, me singing along in your ear and my arms around your waist. It was perfect. Right at the end, I turned your face slightly, and planted a kiss on your mouth. And that was perfect too.

We’ve reminisced a lot about that night since you’ve been in hospital. I needed to have that memory in here, just so that you know how much it means to me.

You know, they’re touring again, in a month’s time. I saw it on tv today.

I wish we could’ve gone again, just so that I could see that amazing sparkle in your eye once more as they come on stage, and hold you in my arms and kiss you when they play your favourite song. I wish their music was enough to heal you, I wish their lyrics “I will never let you fall” were actually true. That you wouldn’t have fallen so hard, so fast. I wish I could’ve been a real Guardian Angel, so that I could’ve saved your life.

You tell me time and time again, when I tell you these wishes; “Josh, you are my guardian angel. You may not have wings or healing powers, but you did save my life. You’ve kept me living. You healed my heart. That’s the only part of my body I care about right now. The only organ I need. I love you.”

I love you, too, Addison. So, so much. I just wish so badly that it was enough to heal your entire body. But I’m glad that I at least mended one organ. You healed mine too, you know. I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this has taken so long to get out, but I haven't really had the motivation to write it lately. I feel like hardly anyone is really liking it anymore and it's really disappointing since I love writing it. I just like to hear feedback and the last couple of chapters, there hasn't been too much of it.
I have been pretty busy, but I can make this further up on my priority list, along with my other slash stories Corrupt Me and Fat.
So please comment, for slightly faster updates :)
Thank you to:
AshlynnPSkittleQueen
megzor

for commenting on the last chapter <3