All Hail the Dead

Frustration and the Goodbye to a Bestfriend

It wasn’t supposed to happen like this. I was supposed to be finishing my sophomore year here in Manhattan. But no…mom wanted me out here to California. Why? Grandpa and Grandma made it perfectly clear that I could finish my sophomore year out here in New York and then once summer rolls around I would fly out over there. I can’t just leave Second Night School for Huntington Beach, California. I had stuff planned. Extra curricular activities I was involved in that I couldn’t ignore like vice president of the sophomore class.

But obviously not I have to stop what I’m doing and planning my future. I had friends that I hung out with and they too were in the same boat plan as me. We were normal teenagers looking for outlets and following a dedicated plan of action.

“So you’re really leaving?” Chance said.

“Unfortunately, Yes I am. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to.” I said.

“I understand, but it’s going to be weird not seeing you at school. Not that we were in the same classes. But during lunch and out in the courtyard and stuff.” He said.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” I said.

“Heyleigh, the car’s here to pick you up and take you to the airport.” Grandpa Simon said.

“Coming Grandpa, Well this is goodbye Chance.” I said.

“Don’t worry, If my parent’s have their way, maybe we’ll see each other soon.” He said.

I gave my best friend a hug. I looked outside the halls that we always walked around. My room and every memory that’s been in this house, I was leaving behind.

I felt really awful. I felt like I was leaving apart of me behind. I wanted to say. But I knew I couldn’t, I’d miss Mom way too much.

I sighed and bite the bullet and got into the car. Looking back at the last part of the Upper East Side, I’d see.

California here I come, ready or not.