Status: enjoy.

You're the Air I Breathe

eleven.

Nick's Point of View

I grabbed three beers out of the fridge, and walked over to the couch where Joe and Kevin were already sitting. I handed them both a beer and sat down on the couch beside them. "So, you excited to be a Dad?" I said to Kevin. He smiled and nodded, taking a swig of beer. "It's all I've ever wanted to be. How about you? Do you think Macy and you are gonna take that big step anytime soon?" I shrugged.

"I don't know, I was hoping to enjoy the married life for a bit. But, hey, I don't know...whatever." I said, thinking about it. It was true. I wanted to be a Dad; just not exactly right now. If it were to happen, I think I could handle it, but there's no way she was pregnant already, or anytime soon for that matter.

Macy's Point of View

Tears began to flood my eyes. I gasped, and covered my mouth with my hand. They looked at me, then at the pregnancy test, then back to me. Stella started screaming and jumping up and down. "EEP! EEP! IM GONNA BE AN AUNTIE!" I hugged her and Danielle and began to cry.

"I...I can't believe it. Already?" I smiled through my tears and touched my, what seemed normal, stomach. Danielle smiled at me. "Congrats, hun. Your going to love it...except for the morning sickness, the doctors appointments, back pains, labour pains, pretty much constant pain...but, yaknow, other than that it's pure bliss!" I laughed and wiped my tears.

Suddenly, everything was quiet. Stella looked at me. "How're you going to tell Nick?" I shook my head, confused. I honestly didn't know what to do. "I'll probably start really slow...then BAM. Nick, I'm pregnant." Stella laughed. "Sounds good to me." We looked at the stairway and I sighed. "I don't think I can do this..."

Stella sighed. "Macy, your a strong girl. I know you can do this. Just go ahead, and tell it to him straight up. It's always better to rip the bandage off!" I took another deep breath and we started heading downstairs.

Nick's Point of View

We were watching the Dodgers game, when I heard the girls walk into the room. I turned around and saw Macy, Danielle, and Stella. Macy's face was super pale...I was concerned. "Are you okay? What's the matter?" I asked, running over to her. I touched her face; it was cool and clammy.

She looked down at the floor, then back at Stella and Danielle, then back at me. "Nick, there's something I need to tell you..." She started, rocking back and forth on her feet. I looked at her confused, not understanding what was going on. "What's going on, sweetheart?" She began to cry a bit.

"Nick, I'm...pregnant." Joe spit his beer out all over the floor. "Oh snap." He said, looking at me seriously.

My heart sank and all I could do was stare at her. She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at me nervously. "Oh God, Nick." She said, bursting into tears. "I know it's early...but, I didn't mean to...I'm sorry!" She said, crying into her hands.

I grabbed her hands gently, and brought her into the kitchen, away from everyone. I hugged her tight and sighed, kissing her forehead, and wiped away her tears with my thumb. "Don't cry, Macy. I don't want you to think this is your fault, because it's not. We did it together, and I promise you...I'm not mad." I said, pressing my forehead against hers. "I love you, and I'm going to love this baby just as much." I said, smiling.

She smiled through her tears and sniffled. "Promise your not mad?" She said, holding my hands. I smiled, and kissed her quick. "I promise." She hugged me, and I held her for awhile.

Macy's Point of View

I was so happy he wasn't mad; I thought he was going to hate me. We walked back into the living room where Stella, Joe, Danielle, and Kevin sat. I looked at them and half smiled and Stella walked over and hugged me. "Your gonna be PARENTS!" She screamed, smiling. Nick started laughing and Kevin came over and hugged him, while Joe cleaned up his beer on the ground.

I was pretty excited; I imagined Nick and I, buying the clothes, painting the nursery, picking a name...Nick squeezed my hand and smiled. "I love you so much." I smiled, tears in my eyes. "I love you too."

*****

A week later, we were scheduled for my first doctors apointment. Nick and I got into the car, and drove to the specialist who lived on the other side of town. While we were in the car, Nick and I started talking.

"I can't believe it..." I said, touching my stomach. "That someone is actually inside of me." I smiled and he looked at me. "I hope it's a boy." I hit him. "I hope it's HEALTHY." He laughed. "I want to teach him how to play sports and stuff..." I rolled my eyes.

We pulled into the parking lot, and Nick and I walked in holding hands. "We have an appointment for 1:40 with Dr.Mackenzie." Nick announced to the secretary. She typed into her computer, and handed us a little pink slip. "Her office is right around the corner; first door to the right." She said, smiling.

We headed over to the room and sat down in the little area. Nick smiled at me and looked at all the pictures on the wall; there were pictures of babies and ultrasounds.

"It's amazing..." He said, in awe. "How we can create something like that." He smiled at me. I nodded in agreement, and suddenly the doctor walked in. She had a big smile on her face. "Hello, Macy. How're you doing?" She asked. "Pretty good, thanks. This is my husband, Nick." They shook hands and they sat back down.

"If you could just lie down on here, we'll start the ultrasound." I lied back on the table and lifted up my shirt. She put some gel on my stomach, and placed the wand on my abdomen. Nick kneeled beside me and held my hand as we both watched the screen.

"Well, everything seems fine, even though it's hard to tell because your baby is still so tiny at this point. Your only in your first trimester, and your about...2 weeks along now." I smiled. "So, you can't tell the gender or anything at this stage, right?" I asked. She shook her head. "No, I'm afraid we're not at that point yet." She took the wand off and wiped off my stomach.

She asked me a few questions regarding the whole pregnancy; morning sickness, pains, etc. We thanked her and booked an appointment to come back in 2 weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
NACY BABY. :O