Status: enjoy.

You're the Air I Breathe

chapter twenty-six

Macy's Point of View
I looked at her, dumbfounded. "Well, don't just stand there and say nothing! I don't know what to do!" She started to cry into her hands. I sat down beside her and began to comfort her. "A-Are you sure, Stella?" She looked at me and nodded. "I'm already 3 months along. I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago.."

I sighed, and patted her knee. "How'd Joe take the news?" She just looked at me. "Wait, you haven't told him yet, have you?" She shook her head and started crying all over again. I tried to comfort her, but suddenly something hit me. "Stella...wait, doesn't Joe have a purity ring?" She started to cry louder and she nodded again.

"He...he...it's all my fault!" She bawled, sniffling. I hugged her. "Aw, girl, no it's not. Don't cry." She sighed. "I can't believe it, Macy. I can't believe all the crap I'm into now." I sighed. "Well, how'd it happen?" She looked at me strangely. "What do you mean how did it happen? Do I need to explain the birds and the bees to you or something...I mean I would think your an expert, having a baby and all...?" I laughed and shook my head. "I mean, like, was it his idea? What happened that night?"

"Oh, well, it was the red carpet premiere of some movie, I forget what it was; Joe decided to take me to one, and we had a great night. But, we both had a few too many martini's, and we went home and...I don't know. It just happened." She frowned. "Stella, I know this might be hard," I began to say, "but I think you should tell..." She cut me off and shook her head.

"No, absolutely not. I'm waiting until the wedding is over. I can't do this..." She said,pointing to her stomach, "I can't do this right now. Please, Macy. Please, please, please don't tell Nick, don't tell Joe, don't tell anyone." I sighed. I didn't like the sound of where this was going,; Nick and I never lie to each other, but I had to respect her command, so I nodded. "I promise I won't tell a soul. But, promise me something?" She nodded. "You have to tell Joe as soon as possible. He doesn't deserve to be lied to." She nodded. "I promise."

I hugged her and smiled. "Well, in the meantime, the two of us can get excited for your baby!" She smiled and touched her stomach. "It's so weird...but I am kind of happy." I smiled. "Have you had any morning sickness or anything?" She shrugged. "Not really. I feel a bit queasy sometimes; nothing too bad." I nodded.

"Well, if you ever need anything; any advice at all? Just let me know." She smiled. "Thanks Mace, that means a lot to me." She stood up, and walked over to the mirror, looking at herself in the dress. "Now, what am I supposed to do about this? The wedding's less than two months away." She frowned.

I walked over and smiled. "We'll figure it out, don't worry."

Stella's Point of View
Macy and I hung out a little bit, but I decided to get back home to Joe's apartment to cook dinner. So, I hopped in the car and drove home to Joe. I unlocked the door and walked inside. Setting my bag down, I headed up the stairway, and into the bathroom.

To my suprise, Joe was standing there with my pregnancy test in his hand. He looked at it, then looked at me. "Is this yours?" My heart began to race. I didn't say anything. "What the hell is it, anyways?" I looked around, trying to think of an excuse. "Uh, uhm, it's a...it's a thermomator! I was, feeling a little sick this morning, but I'm ok now." I faked a smile.

He looked at it. "Oh! I see, so this little pink plus sign must mean your ok then." He smiled at me. "I was actually looking for one the other day; haven't been feeling too well myself.." He began to pull the tester towards his mouth, and I knew that I had to do something.

"No! No, Joe. Don't." He looked at me, confused. "Why, what's wrong?" I sighed, taking the pregnancy test out of his hand. "Joe, this isn't a thermomator." He looked at me funny. "It's a pregnancy test, Joe." His eyes widened. "What, wait, why do you have a pregnancy test?"

I ran my fingers through my hair and groaned, walking out into the living room. I sat on the couch and buried my face into my hands. He followed me out there and sat beside me, touching my knee. "Stella, babe, what's wrong? Do you have something to tell me?" I looked at him. "Joe, I'm pregnant, ok? I'm 3 months pregnant."

He looked at me, then down at his ring. I watched him as he slid it off and set it down on the coffee table. I began to cry. "I knew you'd be mad! You hate me, don't you?!" He looked at me and shook his head, putting his arms around me.

"I don't hate you, Stella. It's not your fault at all." He smiled and cupped my head in his hands gently. "I love you Stella. I love you so much, and we're going to have a family together, whether it's now, or later, or whenever." I smiled through my tears. "You promise your not mad?" He smiled back. "I promise." He kissed my forehead softly, and we hugged.

Macy's Point of View
As I was making dinner, Nick walked through the door with Kaylee in his arms. She was smiling and he walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Hi honey, how's Stella?" My eyes widened and my heart began to pound. I hated lying to him. "Oh! Stella? Yeah, she came over today, I forgot." He looked at me strangely.

"Yeah, she's...great! Just swell!" Suddenly, I felt my back pocket begin to vibrate. I grabbed my phone and saw that Stella had texted me.

hey gurrl, joee knowws. go ahead & tell nick. (:

I sighed loudly and put my phone down on the counter. "THANK GOD!" Nick looked at me funny again. I ran over to him and smiled at him. "Okay, well, here's the truth. Stella's 3 months pregnant? And she didn't want Joe to know until after the wedding? But now I guess he knows, so I can tell you now!"
His eyes widened. "Stella's pregnant?" He put Kaylee in her highchair. I nodded. "I know!" He looked at the ground, then back up at me. "Wait a second, Joe has...well, had a purity ring?" I looked around the room then back at him. "Well, you see what had happened was..."

He shook his head and chuckled. "I don't even wanna know." I smiled and went back to the kitchen. "Can you set the table, babe?" I asked, stirring up the stir fry on the stove. He walked over, kissed my cheek, and grabbed some plates, knives, forks, and napkins.

I grabbed the pan and put some on Nick's plate. "Thanks hun." I smiled and grabbed Kaylee's baby food from the cupboard. "Do you want me to feed her?" He asked, before taking a bite. I smiled. "That's okay." I opened the jar and took a small spoonful.

"Open up, Kaylee!" I said, putting the spoon near her mouth. She opened up and began to eat the mushed carrots. She clapped her hands together and squealed. I laughed and handed her a bottle with some formula.

She began to suck away and I grabbed myself a plate of food.