Status: A c t i v e ; ;

The power of love

Ten

Joe tapped me on the shoulder, making me jump about 6 foot in the air. I spun around, tearing my eyes away from the TV where we were watching a baseball match. “Bathroom’s free.” He announced. I nodded my head and jumped off the couch. Joe took my place on the couch next to Lauren. I slowly walked up the stairs, hearing the sound of a guitar. It was then I realized I didn’t know where the bathroom was, or my bag in fact. I walked over to the room where I heard the guitar playing from. I knocked once on the door, before pulling the handle to open it. I saw Nick, lying across what was probably his bed, strumming his guitar. I sighed.

“Madi--” Nick went to say before I cut him off.

“Do you know where my bag is?” I asked him. He sighed and nodded his head, pointing to the bag next to the door. I picked it up and placed it on my shoulder. “And the bathroom?” I asked.

“Second door on your left.” I nodded my head and thanked him. I walked out of his room and into the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and placed my bag on the counter. I pulled my dress out and everything else I needed. I turned on the shower and took off my clothes. I stepped into the shower, letting the water rush over my body. I sighed and ran my hands down my face. I quickly washed my hair and body before getting out and wrapping myself in a towel. I quickly dried myself before getting changed. I smoothed down my dress before spraying myself with perfume. I placed all my clothes into my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I put my towels into the linen basket and opened the door. I saw Frankie walking down the hallway. I smiled at him, before walking downstairs. I placed my bag by my shoes and ran my hand through my slightly wet hair. I walked into the lounge and took a seat next to Danielle. Her eyes widened as she looked at my dress.

“This is nice.” She said, tugging on the edge of my dress. I looked down at her brown one and smiled.

“This is nice.” I said, doing the exact same thing as her. We both laughed which lead Kevin and Joe to ‘shh’ us. I smiled over at Lauren who was smirking at the both of us. I grabbed my phone off the table where I had placed it before getting in the shower. It read that I had a text from Rachel. I smiled as I read it.

From-Rachel.
Have fun at dinner. Brought you some new shoes while I was out. x


I rolled my eyes at my step-mother. Although she was a lot friendlier than my mother, she liked to spoil us. Me, Jake, and my dad. Even at their wedding, everything was done perfect. She wanted a winter wonderland, and that’s what she got. But from my mother’s photos of her and my dad’s wedding, she went from the complete opposite from Rachel. There weren’t many people at their wedding, just a couple of close relatives and friends. But Rachel wanted the proper thing, and that’s what she got.

To-Rachel.
Thanks. :) and you didn’t have to buy me the shoes. x


I placed my phone on the arm of the couch and watched as the team the boys supported got another run. Both Joe and Kevin cheered, scaring the life out of me, Lauren and Danielle. I placed my hand over my heart as I caught my breath back. Suddenly, Nick walked in, changed and showered. His curls were all over the place, wet. I didn’t want to look at him because even though I was annoyed at him, he made me feel something that I have never felt with someone before. Even after 3 days, I can admit that Nick Jonas made me feel something different. “Are they winning?” He asked, sitting on the loveseat by himself. Joe turned to Nick and nodded his head.

“Of course they are.” Joe said, sounding rather confident. Lauren let out a soft laugh before turning to me.

“These boys are completely competitive.” She said, shaking her head. Joe leant over and kissed her temple. I smiled at the two of them. “Wait until you watch them play baseball.” I narrowed my eyebrows and turned to Kevin.

“You play baseball?” I asked him. He nodded his head, excited.

“Yeah, we used to have our own little team.” He said, turning his attention away from the game on the TV. My eyes widened in shock. “Us three, our band and a couple of other people.” A smile stretched across Kevin’s face as well as Joe’s. “It’s been about 6 months since we played. But I bet we could still beat anyone who played against us.” All three boys had a smirk on their faces. Even Nick. “Last people we beat, we won 19-8. We thrashed them.” Joe cheered. The three boys looked overly smug to themselves.

“Guys, are you ready?” Paul walked in, rubbing his hands together. I looked around and noticed that everyone was changed. The three boys supported jeans, shirts, ties and blazers, while us girls supported dresses and shoes. Even Frankie wore a tiny suit. We all jumped out of our seats, and I picked up my phone. I walked into the hallway and slipped on my sandals. I picked up my bag before Nick joined me in the hallway.

“You’ll be coming with me, if that’s okay?” He muttered, rubbing the back of his neck, awkwardly. I nodded my head as Nick took my bag off me. I muttered a thanks to him before we walked out the front door. We walked towards the car and we slid into the seats awkwardly. I placed my phone on the seat next to me and felt it vibrate. I picked it up and looked at it. Mother. I sighed, and had to pick it up.

“Hello?” I asked, getting a weird look off Nicholas. I heard rustling of paper, knowing that she was in the office. Even at 7pm, she’d still be working.

“Madison.” Not even a help. “How are you?” She asked.

“I’m okay. How about you?” I asked as Nick drove out of the driveway. I could hear the sound of Joe’s car behind us, knowing that they were all following our lead.

“I’m fine thank you. What have you been up to?” Basic conversation between me and my mother. Not the best of relationships.

“Not much. I went to the beach today with Rachel’s niece, her boyfriend and their family.” I said, staring out of the passenger window. “How’s work?” I asked, dreading the answer.

“It’s really busy, Madison. Business is really taking off.” I didn’t even know anything about what she did. She was so wrapped up in it, that she never mentioned it to anyone. I felt as if I didn’t know her anymore.

“That’s good then.”

“Some of the money is going into your college fund. I hope you aren’t just having fun. Are you studying?” I rolled my eyes, and leant my head against the back of the chair.

“Of course I am.” I said, really sarcastically. “I’ve got to go, I’m having dinner now. Bye.” I didn’t even wait for her reply before I hung up. I placed my phone next to me once more and sighed, running my fingers through my hair. It was still slightly damp, but I knew it was going curly.

“I take it you and your mother don’t have a very strong relationship.” Nick said, not taking his eyes off the road. I nodded my head.

“Is it really that obvious?” I replied, not even bothering to look over at him. He let out a chuckled before speaking again.

“Kinda.” A small smile came to my lips, before I dropped it. “What happened between you two?” He asked. I turned to look at him, my eyebrows narrowed. “It doesn’t work like that.” He nodded his head to himself and turned the car into a car parking space. I looked out the passenger window to see Joe’s flash car. I rolled my eyes and opened the door before Joe could. I slammed it behind me just as Joe climbed out of his. “If that hit my car Joseph Adam Jonas, you wouldn’t live till tomorrow.” Nick said. Joe smirked and folded his arms over his chest. I laughed and looked over my shoulder at Joe. He winked at me, making me laugh even more. “Don’t act all innocent with me.” He muttered as we all walked towards the front door of the restaurant. Paul walked over to the waitress.

“Table for Jonas.” She looked around at the 9 of us, her eyes widened. She led over to a round table and we took our seats. I sat next to Nick, who sat next to Frankie, then Paul, Denise, Kevin, Danielle, then Joe and Lauren, who was sitting next to me.

“Nick? Nick Jonas?” The waitress said, making us all turn to her. Nick’s eyes widened and he jumped from his chair.

“Abi?” He said, climbing off his chair. He nearly kneed me in the mouth, until Lauren grabbed my shoulders and pulled me away. “Abi Parker?”

“Hey.” She said, a small smile on her face. Nick wrapped her arms around her, making me narrow my eyebrows at him. “How are you?” She asked him as they pulled away. He look a deep breath in before speaking.

“I’ve been alright.” He said, quietly. This girl, whose name was obviously Abi, nodded at Nick and his family. I was a little confused, but expected nothing else from Nick. “What about you? How have you been? How’s things with Nathan.” Nick asked, smiling.

“Oh, you know, things are good.” She placed her hands on her stomach, everyone now noticing she had a producing bump. I smiled at her, even not knowing her I was happy for her. Nick’s mouth turned into a small ‘O’ shape.

“Abz, I’m so happy for you.” He said, hugging her softly. We all laughed as she laughed.

“I’ll be back in a bit, to get your order.” She flashed her teeth at us, before walking away. Nick took his seat next to me, turning to Denise.

“May I have my kit?” He asked, smiling at her softly. She nodded her head, leaning into her bag and picking a black bag out of her purse. I watched as he took it from her. He placed it in front of him and leant him arms on the table. Lauren passed me her menu and I opened it. It seemed like an Italian restaurant. I smiled when I saw Ravioli on the menu. I placed the menu in front of me, deciding on having water. I crossed my hand and placed them onto my lap.

“I haven’t seen Abi in about 7 months.” Joe said, smiling to himself. Lauren laughed from her seat next to me and turned Joe.

“You just saw her.” She said, making me laugh to myself. I saw Nick place his arm around my chair, but didn’t pay any attention. Lauren rolled her eyes at her boyfriend before turning to me. “Madi, what are you having for food?” She asked me randomly.

“Ravioli.” I smiled at her. She squealed and clapped her hands. “Why?” I asked, slightly confused.

“Because I never know what to have, y’know?” I laughed to myself, knowing that what she had just said made no sense. Abi walked back over to us, a notepad in her hand.

“Ready?” She asked Denise and Paul. They nodded their head and stated what they wanted. We went clockwise around the table, leaving me till last. I felt rather awkward ordering mine.

“A diet coke.” I waited for her to scribble it down. “And the ravioli please?” I smiled at her softly. She nodded her head then looked down at me.

“Abi.” She held her hand out for me to shake it. I smiled back at her and shook it.

“Madi.” I said. She nodded her head, before walking away. I looked at everyone around the table, who were looking at me. “This may sound rude, but I don’t want it to be, but who is she?” Everyone let out a soft laugh.

“She was one of Nick’s friends, before--” Kevin said, before something cut him off. “Who kicked me?” He asked, almost yelling. We all laughed at him while he narrowed his eyebrows, obviously upset about us taking the micky out of him. “Who did kick me?” He pouted softly. I looked around to see everyone pulling a poker face. I smirked once more. “Was it you, Madi?” He asked, pointing a finger at me. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Couldn’t have been me, I didn’t know what happened before.” We feel into an awkward silence, before Nick pushed his chair out.

“Excuse me.” He muttered, before walking into bathroom. I looked around the table, feeling really guilty.

“I didn’t mean it like that--” I said, before Denise held her hand up, a smile on her face.

“Madi, don’t worry about it. Nicholas is in a bad place at the moment. Something will get him out of it.” She said. I nodded my head, feeling guilty still. She smiled at me, before Nick came back.

“Sorry about that.” He said, sitting back into his seat next to me. I gave him a sorry look and he shrugged his shoulders, turning to Frankie and talking to him. My phone buzzed on the table and I apologized. I grabbed it and read what it said.

From-Rachel.
Shh you. They are nice shoes. Have fun. x


I rolled my eyes and placed it back on the table. I let out a soft sigh as I caught Nick’s back toward me. I turned to Lauren and listened to their conversation. “You fell!” Lauren said, pointing her finger at Joe. I looked at them, confused. She turned to me and laughed. “American Music Awards?” She asked me. I shook my head, still overly confused. “They were performing on it, and they were behind these sheets of glass and it shattered as they walked out. And somebody fell over, slicing his hand.” Both me and Lauren looked at Joe at the same time.

“And you both immediately think it was me?” He said, obviously annoyed at the accusation we claimed.

“Because it was you.” Abi’s voice made me jump. I turned to look over my shoulder. She smiled at me and placed our drinks onto the table. As she told her whose drink was whose, we grabbed them. She gave Joe a look. “And don’t deny it.” She said, before walking back. I squeezed the straw between my fingers and took a mouthful of drink.

“But I did style it well.” He said, winking at me. I burst into laughter, choking on my drink. Nick turned to me and slammed his hand onto my back, helping me breathe. I took a massive breath and smiled at him.

“Thanks.” I said to him. He gave me a sort of smile before turning back to Frankie. I ducked my head down, taking a sip of my drink once more. Well, things were going good today. I sat in a comfortable silence, often answering question that was put to me, but other than that, I listened to their conversations.

“Here you go.” Someone said, placing a plate in front of me. I didn’t even realize that food had been handed around. I smiled at Abi and quietly thanked her. She nodded her head, placing her hand on Nick’s shoulder, before walking away. We all settled into a comfortable silence, only the sound of knives and forks hitting the plate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. Enjoy it. ;D
And comment.

-Livvy