Status: A c t i v e ; ;

The power of love

Four

While everyone was asleep at 1:38am I was still awake. With both headphones in, I could still hear my dad snoring. I climbed off my bed and pulled on my boots. Taking the headphone out of my ear, then throwing it onto my bed, I wriggled my toes before walking downstairs. I slid my phone into my pocket and opened the front door. I grabbed my keys as I shut the door. I locked it behind me and walked over to my car. I knew where the beach was as I spent a lot of time down there. I threw my car into reverse and sped down the driveway. I turned to my radio and flicked it on. Some sad love song was on, which lead me to turn it down as background music. I sat there, watching the road. The roads were clear, I only saw the occasional car whizz past, obviously driving through the town. I pulled into the beach parking lot, before switching off the engine and jumping out of my car. I walked over to the sand, peering down at it. It was dark, but the light from the moon was shining off of it. I grinned to myself and pulled my boots off, along with my socks. I placed them on the top of my car, before running towards the sand. I loved the feel of it when it squeezes between your toes. I walked over to the sea, letting the wave crash against the shore and my feet. I smiled to myself as I felt the refreshing water. I looked around to see someone sitting on the other side. I recognized the curly head automatically. Nick Jonas. I glanced over at him and then slowly made my way over to him. As I stood in front of him, my confidence kicked in. He glanced up at my face, before he looked at to sea. “Sitting down?” He asked. It didn’t come out as harsh as I thought it did. He was saying it as if I was his best friend. I sat down next to him, placing my hands between my legs.”Nick.” He said, turning to me and holding his hand out. I flashed him a smile and placed my hand in his, shaking it.

“Madi…” I stopped myself from saying Madison. I was so used to my parents introducing me to everyone else as Madison. Nick didn’t know me as Madison. So I am now Madi. “Short for Madison. But I hate it.” Nick laughed softly, making me study him.

“Nick’s short for Nicholas. I don’t care what you call me.” This made me laugh. I nodded my head and slid my hand out of his. It went quiet as we both stared out to sea. But it wasn’t awkward silence. “You new around here?” I nodded my head awkwardly.

“Yeah.” I said, twisting my hands together. “I’m here for the summer with my dad.” I smiled at him. Nick nodded his head and gave me a half smile. It went silent once more and I turned to look at the moon, It looked massive in the sky, with the stars dotted around it. I grinned to myself and turned back to Nick.

“How long are you staying for then?” He asked, avoiding eye contact with me. So I decided to do what he was doing, and stared out to sea. I cracked my thumb without thinking.

“About 2 months.” I said, smiling to myself. 2 months without my mother seemed like forever. But it would go fast and I wouldn’t want to go back.

“Ah, sounds cool.” Nick said, I nodded my head. Earlier, I thought that it wasn’t that awkward, but now it seemed a little. Suddenly, a thought came into my head.

“Did you know that person earlier?” I asked. On some levels, I regretted asking Nick this question. His jaw tightened up and he didn’t say anything. I bit my lip nervously as I waited for an answer. “I’m sorry if I made it awkward.” Just as I finished my sentence, Nick answered me.

“Alex his name is.” He said, still staring into space. “He isn’t a nice guy, Madi.” Nick turned his head towards me. “He does bad things. I warn you, don’t go near him.” I nodded my head, taking Nick’s warning straight in. I didn’t even care that I haven’t know Nick for that long, I believed him.

“Okay.” I muttered, smiling at him. He gave me a soft smile back, making me smile even harder. He had a quite nice smile. We both went quite for a while, before Nick jumped up off the sand. I watched as he wiped the sand off his butt and look down at me. He smiled at me and held his hand out. I grabbed his hand and he helped me up. I flashed him my teeth, before brushing the sand off my jeans. Nick looked down the beach before turning back to me.

“Wanna go for a walk?” He asked me. I nodded my head shyly and then we both started to walk. It was quite until Nick opened his mouth. “5 questions?” He asked. I laughed and nodded my head. “I’ll start then. Middle name?”

“Auden. Yours?”

“Jerry. Birthday?” He asked.

“13 January 1993.” I said, smiling. “You?”

“16 September 1992.” I laughed “4 months older.” Nick cheered to himself. I shook my head, smiling to myself at his childishness. “Any siblings?” He asked.

“A baby brother, Jake.” I smiled. “You?”

“3 brothers. 2 older and 1 younger.” I nodded my head, as if I didn’t know. I saw 2 of them earlier. “Favourite band?” He asked, turning to my slightly, and smiling. I laughed.

“Honour Society.” Nick smiled. “Well done on the amazing band.” I clapped my hands together. Nick nodded his head modestly. We both laughed together. “Yours?” I asked, after we got over our laughter.

“Erm...The Beatles.” He said, very unsure. I smiled once more at him. “Last one.” Nick stated. I nodded my head and smiled at him. “Why are you here?” We both came to a stop as I looked up at Nick. I took a deep breath before answering him.

“Since my parents split up, I found out that sleeping wasn’t needed.” Nick nodded his head and carried on walking. I had to jog to catch up with him. We walked together before I opened my mouth. “Nick.” I said, breaking the silence. He looked down at me, his eyebrows narrowed. “I still have one question.” Nick’s jaw tightened and he nodded his head slowly. “Why are you here?” He stood, looking down at me for a good 2 minutes, before answering.

“Sleeping always leads to something bad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized that the last chapter was rather pants, so I decided that I'd do a better job on the next one, which was this. :)

It gives you an insight on Madison and Nick's friendship that they have started now. Things will start making sense from this chapter onwards.

Does anyway have any thoughts why Nick is here at this time of the day?

Comment please?x