Status: A c t i v e ; ;

The power of love

Eight

When my alarm clock went off the following morning, I wanted to beat the hell out of it. I looked over at it to see it flashing 10:20am. I rolled my eyes, before slowly climbing out of my bed. I rubbed my eyes as I walked out of my room. “Morning.” Rachel said as we bumped into each other in the hallway. I gave her a soft smile and then wandered into the bathroom. I quickly washed, tied my hair up and brushed my teeth before walking back into my room. I heard my phone vibrating on the bedside cabinet, which lead me to throw myself onto my bed, reading the text I had.

From-Lauren.
Nick said he’ll pick you up around 11-ish. Okay? :) x


I smiled, and giggled to myself. For some strange reason I found this funny. I rolled back off my bed, sitting up and texting her back.

To-Lauren.
Sounds good. (: x


I threw my phone back down against my quilt and then walked over to my chest of draws. I pulled out a black and white bikini and a pair of shorts. I smiled to myself, before throwing them onto my bed. I wandered downstairs and walked into the kitchen. “Good morning!” I sang, walking over to the fridge and pulling out a bottle of apple juice. Both my dad and Rachel stared at me while I was drinking. “Yes?” I asked, as they shared a look between them.

“You seem happy.” Rachel said, as she warmed up Jake’s bottle. I shrugged my shoulders, flashing me teeth at her.

“Am I not aloud to be?” I asked, smiling at her. I tossed the bottle of juice from hand to hand, a smirk on my face.

“Go get a tan. You’re looking a little pale.” My dad said, shoving his finger into my arm. I pouted at him and placed my drink on the side. My dad chuckled before wandering out the room. I looked down at my arm, seeing how pale it was.

“I need a tan.” I muttered, before grabbing my drink and wandering back upstairs. I walked into my bedroom, and placed my juice on the side. I put on my iPod on low and bounced around my room to Mcfly-Shine a light. I quickly changed into my bikini and slipped on my shorts over the top. I walked over to my draw and pulled out a old white t-shirt. I smiled to myself as Demi Lovato-Me, Myself and Time came on. I squealed as if I was some tweenie, before turning it up louder. I danced around my room like a fool. “I go life where takes me!” I sang, prancing around. I flopped onto my bed, laughing to myself.

“Madison, are you okay?” I heard my dad’s voice through the door. I giggled, before rolling off my bed. I opened the door and smiled at him.

“I’m fine dad.” I said, as I looked at his suit. He nodded his head, tugging at his tie softly.

“I’m going to be late from work today.” Hearing this so much from my mother, I managed to keep my poker face. “So Paul and Denise said that they’ll take you out for dinner. You should take some spare clothes with you as they are taking you back to theirs to shower and change.” I nodded my head, understanding. “I’ll see you later sweetie.” He said, kissing my forehead. I shut the door as I knew he had gone down the stairs. I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a pale blue dress. I grabbed a shoulder bag and slid in the dress along with some underwear. I glanced at the time on my phone. 10:45am. I nodded my head, sliding a couple of toiletries into my bag. I smiled before picking up my phone and swinging my bag over my shoulder. I walked downstairs and into the lounge. I plonked down next to Rachel, throwing my bag onto the floor. I smiled at her as she fed Jake.

“So, what are you going to do today?” I asked, as she threw Jake onto her shoulder and burped him.

“Jake’s got a couple of jabs again today. And he needs measuring and weighing.” She informed me. I laughed, knowing that that wasn’t all true. “Then go shopping after.” There was the Rachel I knew. The both of us laughed and turned our attention to the TV where an old episode of Friends was playing. We both sat, staring at the TV, engrossed into it. We both jumped when someone knocked on the front door. I quickly looked up at the clock as I got up. 11am. It was Nick. A small smile appeared on my face and I picked up my bag. I kissed Rachel on the cheek, then Jake on the head. I grabbed my phone as I ran past the couch. I opened the front door to see Nick standing there, looking at his Mustang as if he was waiting for it to drive away. I cleared my throat and he spun around. I gave him a soft smile and shut the door behind myself.

“Hey.” He said, quietly, a small smile on his face. I smiled back as he got to his car. He opened the door for me and I slid in. I inhaled the smell of Nick and it made me blush. Nick slid in the drivers seat and suddenly, I heard a dog bark. I spun around to see a golden retriever lying on the back seat. “His name is Elvis.” Nick said, making me turn to look at him. He started the car and drove down the driveway. “My family got him for me for my 16th birthday.” I watched Nick as he concentrated on the road. It went silent as we drove through the town. “You aren’t saying much today.” I laughed softly.

“I like hearing you talk.” After saying it, I immediately regretted it. A small smile appeared on Nick’s face, as my cheeks turned red. He laughed at me. “That sounded creepy, didn’t it?” Nick chuckled once more, nodding his head. “I didn’t mean it like that. I meant that I like hearing about you.” I whispered. Nick turned to me quickly; his eyebrows narrowed, and then turned his eyes back onto the road.

“I’m not that interesting, Madi.” He whispered. I laughed softly to myself.

“But, Nicholas.” The both of us shared a quick look. “I want to know about you.” I blushed from the sentence I had just said. He pulled into the car lot and turned off the engine. He turned to me and smiled softly.

“Don’t get your hopes up.” He muttered, before climbing out of the car. I froze until Nick came and opened my car door. I slid out and nodded my head.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, grabbing my bag. Nick nodded his head at me and pushed my chair forwards. I watched as he got Elvis out of the car. He clipped his lead on and griped hold of the handle. I shut the door behind him and we walked in complete silence. Just before he got to his family, he put his arm in front out, stopping me.

“I don’t mean that you you’ll never get to know me, Madi.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck. “It’s just…” He sighed, obviously finding it hard with words. “I’m finding it hard to…” I smiled.

“Open up?” I said. Nick chuckled to himself, rubbing the back of his neck once again. “It’s cool Nick. We’ve known each other all of three days.” Nick nodded his head at me.

“Madi, can I admit something?” I shifted my weight from one leg to the other and smiled at Nick as Elvis started to pull on his lead. “You seem a lot different to other girls.” He laughed softly to himself. I twisted my lips to one side, a small smile playing at them. “Let’s go before my family think I’m going to eat you.” I laughed and we both turned around, walking towards the Jonas family.

“Madi!” Lauren called, waving at me. I smiled at her and waved back. She untangled herself from Joe and ran over to me. “Hey. How are you?” She asked, giving me a quick hug. I smiled at her.

“I’m fine thanks, Lauren, and you?” Nick let out a soft laugh, and I turned to him. He shook his head and let Elvis off his lead. The dog suddenly ran towards the ocean straight away.

“I’m good, thanks.” Lauren turned to Nick, a smirk on her face. “And what are you laughing at, Mr Jonas?” She asked him, crossing her arms over her chest. Nick turned to the both of us, a small smile on his face.

“Nothing. Just Madi, you seemed really posh.” He said, looking around Lauren to look at me. I stuck my tongue out at him, and the three of us laughed.

“It’s nice to see you smile again Nick.” Lauren attempted to whisper. She jogged off and sat with Joe. I looked at Nick and smiled fully. He winked at me, making me laugh. I pulled my towel out of my bag and lied it on the floor next to Danielle. She covered her eyes and smiled at me. I lied down next to her and sighed, letting the sun hit my skin.

“This.” I said, my eyes shutting slowly. “This is what I need!”

~~~~~

I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep; until I felt something wet nudge my foot. Somehow, this made me burst into laughter. I sat up and looked at the source. “Elvis!” I sang, looking at the dog that looked up at me with some stupid look on his face. Nick dived off the sand where he was talking to Frankie. He grabbed the dog by his collar and tugged him lightly.

“C’mon dog. I’ll take you for a walk.” Nick said, grabbing his lead off Frankie and clipping it on.

“Can I come?” I asked, jumping onto my feet, brushing down my shorts. Nick smiled at me and nodded his head. I grabbed my phone and slid it into my pocket. I smiled back at Nick and we started to walk. It went silent as we slowly walked down the beach.

“How’d you sleep?” Nick asked, as if it was a general question. I turned to him and let out a soft laugh. He narrowed his eyebrows at me, but I laughed again.

“It was alright. Got about 5 hours.” I said, nodding my head as I counted how much sleep I had got. Nick looked at me with worried eyes.

“5 hours?” He questioned me. I nodded my head. “What time did you get home?” He asked, coming to a stop and unclipping Elvis off his head. Picking up a stick, we carried on.

“When we both left.” I muttered, watching Nick throw the stick and Elvis chasing it. “I had things on my mind, I couldn’t sleep.”

“What?”

“Things.” I muttered. Nick twisted his head, smiling softly. I pushed my fringe out of my face, and to the side. “What about you?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“What about me?” I looked at him and the both of us laughed. “How long did I sleep?” I nodded my head, shoving my hands in my pockets. We both watched as Elvis came trotting towards, dropping the stick at my feet. I bent down and picked up, launching it across the beach. It landed a little in front of us. Nick laughed at my pathetic attempt. “Around 6 hours.” He said. “And that was rather pathetic.” He muttered. I shoved my elbow into his ribs and then Nick raised his eyebrows. “RUN!” He yelled. His words registered in my head before I spun around and started to run. I heard his feet in the sand, and the sound of a dog barking. My feet were flicking up sand as I ran towards the Jonas’s as all of them stared with astonishment. I turned slightly to see Nick nearly catching up with me. Elvis ran in front of me, making me turn towards the Jonas’s. I threw my phone onto my towel, sending a wink at Lauren before running towards the ocean. I still could hear Nick’s footsteps behind me as I ran into the water. I spun around to suddenly be washed over with water. I pushed my feet off the sea floor and resurfaced. I pushed my hair out of my face to see Nick doing the same. I splashed him with water as we both laughed.

“How pathetic was that then, Nicholas?” I asked, lying on my back, sunning myself. I heard Nick laugh and then his hands under my back. I looked up to see his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and we laughed. Suddenly, I felt myself going back under. I looked around to see Joe, Kevin, Frankie, Nick and Lauren all smiling at me. I rolled my eyes at them, pushing my hair out of my face once more. “Real mature.” I muttered, swimming away. I heard them laughing even more, before hearing a familiar voice.

“Hey pretty lady.” My head shot around to see Alex, the boy 2 days ago. He stood in front of me, a football in his arms. He had a tight grip around it, as if to flex his muscles. I covered my chest up, self-consciously, folding my arms. “Remember me?” He asked, flashing his white teeth at me.

“How could I forget?” I muttered, turning around, hopefully getting some sort of attention from any Jonas.

“Yeah, I’ve got that kinda face right?” He asked, sending a wink my way. I rolled my eyes at his attempt to flirt with me. “Ah, Lauren.” He said, looking behind me. I turned slightly as Lauren placed her hand on my shoulder. “Still Joe’s bit stuff?” He asked, smirking.

“Fuck off, Alex.” She said, running her fingers through her hair. “No one wants you here.” At this point, Joe had joined us, along with Kevin.

“But apparently, she does.” Alex said, looking down at me. I narrowed my eyebrows up at him, confused. I didn’t even know the guy and from what Nick had said, I didn’t want to.

“Who said so?” Nick’s voice made me jump. I felt his arm slide around my waist and I took a sharp intake of fresh air. “Cause she hasn’t said anything to me.” Alex smirked at Nick.

“Ah, young foolish Nicholas.” Alex muttered, shaking his head, as if he was Nick’s father. “How is Je--?” Nick suddenly cut him off.

“STOP!” He yelled, his face bright red.

“Hit a nerve Nick?” He winked at him, before Alex swam off, meeting with his friends. I turned around to see Kevin, Joe, Lauren and Frankie staring at me. Nick was already half way out of the ocean as I turned around. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. The boys left me and Lauren by ourselves. She grabbed my arm softly and I turned to her.

“You seem to have something with Nick.” She said, obviously confused. “What is it?”

“To tell you the truth, I don’t even know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while. xD
Feel speical, it's now 12:16am in England and I'm still awake.
And watching Shrek 'cause I do love this movie.

And while you're here, can you check out my new Joe Jonas story, Forget about me please?

Comment?x