Status: It's all complete...Woot! Woot!

Puzzles for a Million

Chapter 1

“George……….this seems so boring! All those levels we passed and on the last and final level, THEY GIVE US A RESTING PLACE FOR THE FRIST ROUND?!” Kris shouted.

“Shh…..let me sleep.” George replied. Kris nodded and they laid down, deciding to take this as an advantage to rest. Just as they were about to drift off however, a sound of dripping reached their ears.

“Kris, do you hear that?” Asked George. Kris nodded. They began to crawl around looking for the source. However, everywhere in the room was dry. At last, they gave up searching and Kris slid down the wall complaining about wanting his computer. As Kris complained, George’s brain worked on trying to find out about the dripping. He had already figured out that this must be part of a puzzle.

His brain worked out the sound of the drops. Drip, drip, drip, a small pause, then it continued, drip, drip, drip, drip, another pause. The wheels in George’s head began to turn. His brain zoomed in on an information he had once gotten from Boy Scouts. His brain matched every drip with something from his knowledge. His eyes moved as if he was reading a book. Suddenly, he jumped up and grabbed Kris.

“Morse code! It’s Morse code! I figured it out! It’s saying to shout ‘FREE!’ and only that word, and to not use it in a sentence! This wasn’t a resting room!” George cried.

Kris, used to Morse code as well from playing many detective games cried out as well, “By golly! You’re right! Genius! Just genius!” And together, George and Kris cried out, “FREE!” Suddenly, the room began to shake and a wall began to change into mirror. Carved onto the mirror were the words “Side by side, you’re stuck and free. Move and you are done.”

Kris and George began to move and dance around in front of the mirror, but nothing worked. Eventually, Kris stopped and began to pant loudly. His eyes scanned the first line. Perhaps that contained a clue. His brain zoomed in to the word “free”.

“GEORGE! I UNDERSTAND IT NOW!” George stopped dancing and looked at Kris. Kris pointed to the words “side by side” and explained about standing side by side as they had done, but each standing at where the other had stood. George face palmed himself and put on his “duh!” face. They did just that and the mirror disappeared, leaving an opening for them to walk through, to meet the tall man on the other side.

There were already 2 other teams there, but luckily, George and Kris weren’t eliminated yet. And so after waiting for a while longer and saying “nice try” to the 2 eliminated teams, George and Kris headed onto the next round.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but some rounds are LONGGGG