Status: It's all complete...Woot! Woot!

Puzzles for a Million

Chapter 2

In the new room, there were 2 helmets and a mega huge touch screen on the wall. At the bottom of the touch screen were two steering wheels. After hearing the signal for putting on the helmets, George and Kris slid it onto their heads. They noticed that the helmet covered their eyes and had them envision and see a mini screen with blinking lights that represented other teams. Just then, a sound came from the helmets.

“The object of this game is to shoot the enemies of the group (not including your group) you’re protecting and controlling. On the touch screen in front of you are many buttons at the bottom. We will not tell you what each of the buttons stand for. The only thing we’ll tell you is that there isn’t a button that would destroy the team you’re protecting. The steering wheel on the left controls the team you’re protecting.” He paused to let these instructions sink in.

“If you get shot, you will still live but your protector will lose. If your team that you’re protecting gets shot, you…..lose. Oh and the right steering wheel controls nothing. It was used in previous year’s competitions. Good luck and let’s start!” Just then, the screen came on and cushioned chairs came up from the ground. George and Kris quickly took a seat and decided that Kris should be the one in charge for he is, after all, the gamer.

This round in the competition passed quickly for George and Kris. After many great maneuvers done by Kris and excellent figuring out what each button stood for by looking for “patterns”, they quickly defeated the enemies of the team they were protecting. As they laughed, they took off their helmets and joined the other teams outside the room. They were congratulated by some with smiling faces. Others just looked on with admiration. The 2 eliminated teams were once again given “nice try” and left.

And so the remaining 6 teams continued on to the next round.
♠ ♠ ♠
short, very short.....but the next few chapters are long!!!!