Status: It's all complete...Woot! Woot!

Puzzles for a Million

Chapter 5

The man continued to speak, “Those two teams seem to be stuck, so we will eliminate them. Alright. The next round requires no separate rooms. I will hand you a piece of paper with a question on it. You are to figure out the question and then tell me the answer. The two papers have different questions so there will be to cheating.” After speaking, the man held out two sheets of paper and the teams reached for separate ones.

The question on George and Kris’ sheet said, “In fiction oiece of weiting, Science Fair, what is the real nane of the krazy janiror dude?” Looking at the note, George immediately noticed the misspelled words. Kris, on the other hand, thought they were typos as the note was typed. When he chatted, he would constantly type “piece” as “oiece”. However, neither knew the answer to the question.

Kris’ mind began to float this time. He imagined playing computer games on his computer. One game he had once loved was where they give you a letter and you type in the letter that was next to the one shown on the keyboard. For example, if the letter they give is “o”, you would type a “i”. Right when he was about to win the game, his mind snapped back into reality.

Kris once again looked at the paper and saw the code. The “o” in “oiece” stood for “p”. The “e” in “weiting” stood for “r” and so on. Eventually, he got the letters “Prmt”. However, there was no explanation as to why a “k” was used for “crazy”. In the end, Kris could only hope it was to be part of the name and ended up with “Prmkt”. He told George what he got and since both couldn’t think of a better answer, they decided to try it.

“And the winner is Kris and George!” The man shouted. Both boys leaped up and high fived each other, celebrating while shouting. They then looked at the other team and felt sorry for them. However, being good sports, the other team just smiled and celebrated with George and Kris.

After all the celebration, George and Kris were presented with a large check and together with the other teams, they crowded around the man and smiled at the news cameras. It was a moment to remember forever. They had finally done it!

Author’s Note: YAYAYAY! *celebrates George and Kris’ victory* *celebrates the completion of the story* SO HAPPY ITS FINISHED! Thanks to Iris for changing Angie’s name to George. xD
♠ ♠ ♠
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HOORAY