Untitled

Telling

"How did you get the notes in my house?" Miley asked as they ate lunch at an exclusive restaurant.

"I sorta snuck into your house last night. I know it is stalkerish but...."

"That was the sweetest thing ever Nick."

Miley said as they got up to leave. It was now around eight and they had been out all day together and knew they had to tell now. They had told everyone the day before to go to Miley's for the day for a pool party. Nick and Miley had quickly put it together and hoped no one realized that they did it to make sure that everyone was together for them to make their little announcement.

"Ready?" Nick asked as they made their way to Miley's backyard.

"Yeah but I have flats on today so I am ready to run if I need to." Miley says before they go out into her backyard. "Ya'll having fun?" Miley asked as she saw everyone talking around the backyard as Robbie Ray and Paul cooked some late night food.

"Yeah but where have you two been all day?" Denise asked giving Miley a hug before she gave her son a hug.

"We were out." Nick says before Miley could make something up to get them out of telling everyone. "We have some news for you guys that you may need to sit down for." In just a few moments everyone was sitting in front of them. Either on the ground or in a chair, in Lilly's case in Joe's lap.

"Nick and I have been thinking about it for awhile now and have thought now would be the best time to tell you guys." Miley said her voice clearly trembling with anxiety.

"What is it?" Joe asked and everyone turns their heads back to Miley and Nick.

"We are dating." Nick said and Lilly let out a yipee. "Wait there is more." Nick said as Lilly was about to get up and hug Miley. "We have been dating since the start of summer." Nick pauses for a moment. "Last year."

That was all it took. Joe's face went from happy to angry same with Robbie Ray, Paul, Kevin, and Oliver. Lilly's face went from happy to hurt and sad. Frankie's face kept on smiling though now it was a bit confused. Denise wasn't looking at Nick or Miley. Only Jackson was the one who kept the same face he had on.

"So you mean to tell me he was the one texting you all the time in school?" Lilly asks the first one to speak in ten minutes.

"and on the way home?" Jackson asks.

"and while we were at the beach?" Oliver asks and Miley nods her head at all of them.

"So Miley was the one you wrote all those love songs about?" Kevin asks clearly trying to control his cool.

"and the one you texted and called non-stop?" Joe asked trying to keep his voice calm just like Kevin was trying to do.

"Was she the one that you said the only girl you ever loved was the one that no one ever thought it would be?" Frankie asks in his little 10 year old voice.

"Yes she was."

"I am very disappointed in the two of you." Robbie Ray says speaking firt for the adults(not including Kevin).

"Daddy...." Miley started to say but her father cut her off.

"Not now Miley. You kept something like this quiet for so long and all I want to do is ask why?"

"Because we knew this is how everyone would react."

Miley didn't want to take it so she ran up to her room just after Nick had slipped something into her hand.