Untitled

Nick's secret

Miley couldn't sleep at all that night as she tossed and turned in bed. Quiet as a mouse Miley got up and quietly left her room on the bus. Nick was asleep so she gently shook him awake. He woke up within seconds and Miley put her fingers up to her mouth as she led him into her room.

"Miley why are you waking me up at three in the morning?" Nick asked as he sat down on Miley's bed.

"I couldn't get to sleep."

"You want me to help out?" He asks and Miley nods her head. "Come here."

He opens his arms and Miley crawls into her bed beside of him. Miley did not even notice that Nick slipped out of her bed an hour after she had fallen asleep. She did not even notice that he watched her sleep or notice that he listened to her slow deep breathing. When she woke up at seven she turned onto her side and noticed Nick was not there. When she was going downstairs she sees Nick getting something strapped onto his lower back by his mother. Kevin Joe and Paul were watching just in case something happened.

"What is going on?" Miley asks and everyone looks at her. "Nick?"

"Nothing Miley!" He says and Miley looks at everyone else.

"You have told everyone on this bus but not her?" Joe asks and Nick nods his head.

"He hasn't told me what?" Miley asks walking down the rest of the stairs.

"Nothing important Miley." Nick said looking at Miley.

"Then what was your mom strapping on your back?"

At that Nick just walks away causing Miley to get mad. Though Nick had three days left with her Miley did not care. All she cared about was making sure she did not talk to him for the rest of the time. That was hard because he went jogging with her and Joe that morning along with Lilly who had just started dating Joe yesterday after he asked her out in front of everyone at dinner.

"Miley can we talk?" Nick asked as Miley turns on her Hannah play list.

"What is there to talk about? Only the fact that you told everyone else something and not me. I am your...." She pauses looking over her shoulder at Joe and Lilly who were listening. "I am your friend. I don't know what it is your hiding but to hide it from me is not right."

"I'll tell you later Miley. Just not now it is not the right time."

"When will it be the right time? Next year? Next week? Next month? Never?"

After that Miley just jogged ahead of everyone. Nick kept pace with her the entire time. When they got back to the bus Frankie jumped into Miley's hands.

"I heard that you saw Nick's omnipod getting strapped on him this morning and that you did not know he had diabetes."

"Really?" Miley asks looking around. "Come on Frankie want to tell me more that everyone is keeping a secret from me."

"Jackson said that your a skunk. Joe said that he had a slight crush on Hannah before but it quickly vanished after he met Lilly. Kevin said that your like the little sister he never got and if anyone tried to hurt you he'd hurt them. Oliver said that he got you a new ipod fro Christmas. Lilly said that she owes you everything because you told Joe how to ask her out. Your dad says he is giving you a credit card tomorrow. My mom says your like a daughter to her and so doesn't my dad." Frankie takes a breath and some people try to shut him up.

"Hey we are trying to talk." Miley yells as Joe turns the music up loudly then quickly turns it down. "Continue on Frankie."

"OK Nick had to be last because he never stops talking about you. First off he said the day he met you as Miley that he fell in love. Then there is his constant she is pretty stuff but more recently like this morning he said he regrets not telling you sooner about his diabetes because you mean a lot to him."

"He said that?" Miley asked tears swelling up in her eyes as Frankie nods his head. "That is so sweet." Miley says looking down at Nick's purity ring on her finger.

"Thanks." Miley looks up to see Nick standing behind her and Frankie. "Please forgive me?"

"I can't stay mad at you forever." Miley pauses for a second. "Why didn't you tell me?" At that everyone on the bus started to listen to them.

"I didn't want you to worry because your my...." Nick pauses and Miley shakes her head. "Your my friend."

Miley smiles at him and then gives him a hug. The rest of the day everyone goofs around because there was no Hannah concerts that day.