Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

You're Barely Sober

"I'm going John. This is ridiculous you can't control my life!" I snapped at my brother, shooting daggers at him from my eyes.

"No you will not be going." He shook his head and stalked off into the kitchen.

My jaw dropped and I kicked at the floor. I stomped my foot and chased after the boy. "You can't do this to me! It's my life, not yours. I'm going. Case closed." I folded my arms over my chest. John glared at me in anger and slight disbelief for a moment. I began to walk out of the kitchen.

I smiled to myself, proud of my courage and determination that paid off. John was more than shocked by this, I knew that well. The fact that I even wanted to go to a party was hard to comprehend, but me arguing about my right to attend with John-now that was just, just odd.

"Mom's not going to let you!" John ran out of the kitchen and shot me a triumphant smile as I walked up the stairs.

"Mom's not home." I rolled my eyes and continued making my way up the stairs. This was enough to surprise John even more- me sneaking out in his mind is completely unbearable.

He searched for his words, stuttering over each one. "I told you I didn't want you hanging out with any of them!"

I rolled my eyes yet again and before I reached the top of the staircase I whipped around. I put both hands on my hips. "Please John, they're my friends. I, for once, have friends and made my own and you want to be the one to deprive me of that?"

John's eyes went wide with sympathy and his jaw fell open. "Oh god, June, I'm so s-"

I placed up a hand. "Sorry, yeah I know. To be honest, it's a little too late for that. You've had this ''ban'' on our friends for a week now. They thought I didn't like them," I sighed and shook my head. "I'm going to this party-like it or not. Darry's coming over in a few minutes to help me get ready."

"You've never been to a party before."

"That's why Darry's coming over-to help prepare me."

John sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Fine, fine. You can hang out with our friends again, just don't get too touchy-feely with any of them."

I nodded my head and rushed down the hallway and into my room before John could see the red rushing to my face.

Darry arrived at my house about ten minutes later. I heard her greet John before running up the steps and barging into my room. My eyes ignored the large smile on her face and went straight to the duffle bag she held in her hand.

"First off," She began, "you're going to want to pack an overnight bag. We'll probably end up sleeping at Kennedy's because he lives right down the street from the guy throwing the party."

I nodded my head pulling out a small duffle bag similar to Darry's. I stuffed it with sweats and other essentials that I would be needing to spend the night.

"If you're mom would freak out like mine knowing that I am spending the night at a guy's house, call and tell her your sleeping at my house."

"What about your mom?" I asked.

"She thinks I'm sleeping here."

I nodded my head and zippered the bag before turning back to Darry to follow any further instructions from her. She walked over to my closest and within a matter of minutes my room seemed to be a complete wreck. Finally, she pulled out a dress that I was unaware that I owned. "Oh my god. This." She turned to me holding up the dress, smiling widely.

"Uh," I stuttered as my eyes scanned the dress. I tried my best to remember where I got it from, and it soon popped into my head.

My Aunt Lisa was the complete opposite of my mother. She supported unique, original ideas and enjoyed going to different clubs in cities throughout the United States. Lisa had given me the dress for my sixteenth birthday in hopes that I would wear it to this under-18 clubs she had given me tickets to go to with my friends. At that point in time, I had basically no friends to attend the club with, Lisa was of course, unaware of this. When she had called to ask how the club with her, I lied telling her that the dress looked great.

The dress was four to five inches above my knee. It was tight and had this spaghetti straps. Just like any other tiny dress, it was black, but has purple and silver stripes running across it.

I scanned the dress in complete and utter fear. "I don't know Darry....." I trailed off skeptically.

Darry gave me pleading eyes and walked towards me. "Oh please June! You'll look so amazing in it. Guys will be all over you!"

I swallowed hard at the thought and the dress seemed to scare me even more. "What if I don't want guys all over me? John's gong to be there and that'll just be really weird..."

Darry scoffed and rolled her eyes. She hand me the dress and then pushed me down the hallway and into the bathroom. "Well then we'll get Garrett to protect you all night like John originally planned."

I abruptly, and quickly turned around. "What did you just say?"

"We'll have to get-"

I shook my head. "No, I know what you said, but John planned that?"

Darry shrugged. "Yeah, and Garrett agreed. Now get changed." With one, effortless push, Darry shoved me into the bathroom.

I changed into the dress slowly. I then applied eyeliner, mascara, and some lipgloss before stepping out of the bathroom. I walked down the hall and back into my room to find Darry finishing up her makeup. "Change into those black heels I left on the bed. I brought them just in case you needed an extra pair."

"Uh, okay." I sat down on the bed, pulling down the dress slightly.

"John left by the way. He told me to tell you to find him once you get to the party." Darry said, still facing the mirror. She had yet to see me in the dress.

That is, until she turned around.

Her face lit up and jaw dropped. "Oh my god June! You look so pretty!"

"Thanks. You too."

She smiled and grabbed my hand. "Let's go."

Stepping into a wild house party for your first time is quite exhilarating. I took a deep breath, hoping to get some type of fresh air, but ended up with this dirty, disgusted feeling.

"I see John and the guys over there!" Darry shouted, although she was next to me. She pointed over the heads of many unfamiliar faces to the group of friends.

I nodded my head as she pulled me through the piles and piles of people that seemed as if they were right on top of me.

My hair had fallen in front of my face by the time we reached our group of friends. I looked down and ran a hand through my hair in attempt to see clearly. When I did this, I noticed Kennedy, Pat, Garrett, Halvo, and Jared all staring with wide eyes at me.

"Uh, hi." I offered a lame wave.

"Is that June?" Kennedy asked.

It wasn't until then that I noticed my brother standing in between Kennedy and I. He slap Kennedy on the head. "Ow." Kennedy groaned.

"Stop it John." I glared at him.

He rolled his eyes and folded his arms over his chest. Before leaving the circle he glanced over at Garrett. "Follow your duty."

Garrett nodded his head and then his eyes flickered back to me. I blushed what was most likely a deep, crimson red. I mentally cursed myself and John. I wanted to scream at John. I didn't need a babysitter.

The rest of the guys parted ways and scattered about the party. Jared took hold of Darry's hand and led her into the kitchen. Meanwhile, Garrett came over to me, smiling slightly. "You look... really .... awesome, June."

I tried to hold back my smile, but failed. "Thanks," I glanced around the party. "You know, you don't need to babysit me. John's just being too protective. I'm fine by myself."

Garrett shrugged and pushed his hands into his jeans pockets. "Well, what if I wanna stay with you?"

I could feel my eyes widen slightly. "You do?"

"Of course I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions! You guys are amazing!