Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

Another Party With The Same Kids

"I don't wanna go." I mumbled into my pillow.

"You have to." John protested from behind me and although I couldn't see him, I knew he had to be rolling his eyes.

I rolled over onto my back facing upwards. "Why do you want me to go all of the sudden? So you can stick me with a babysitter and go party?"

John shook his head. "No! But, just, the guys want you to come."

I sighed heavily. "Fine. What time are we going?" I asked, huffing and sitting up straight.

"Fifteen minutes good?" John asked, looking at his phone's clock.

My eyes widened. "You've got to be shitting me John. Fifteen minutes? I'm a girl; not a truck driver."

John rolled his eyes yet again. "Fine. Twenty. Hurry up. I'll be downstairs." John walked out of my room and closed the door.

I quickly ran to my closet in search for something party-wearable. I really needed Darry with me. She could find something instantly.

Although I was skeptical and really didn't want to go to this party, I made a promise to Garrett. It was all for Garrett either; it was the guys in general. They needed a lead singer and if fooling John into singing was the only way to get them one, it was going to happen.

I repeat: This is not for Garrett.

I found out yesterday that he had a girlfriend. Her name was Maddie in fact. The idea made my stomach churn and that itself make me hate myself. I needed to relax and figure out why I felt this way.

I dug through my closet some more. Finally, I happened upon a black strapless flowing sundress. There was a pattern of red and pink roses on it which I liked a lot. It was pretty short, I had to admit, but right now, I could care less. Something inside of me wanted to show myself off. I wanted people to see I wasn't just John O'Callaghan's little sister. I was my own person.

Part of me just wanted Garrett to see me in it.

Oh my god. I need to shut up.

I sighed heavily and started to search for shoes. I realized there was no use. I didn't own any heels. Instead, I slipped on a pair of classical black and white converses. I quickly applied some makeup and styled my hair the way I wanted it before going downstairs to meet up with John.

The two of us were out the door seconds later on our way to the party. When we arrived, it seemed to be already packed. It was by far, much bigger than the party last week we attended.

Walking into the house, John was automatically given several high fives and ''hellos'' as I waited off to the side. After a few moments, I became annoyed and went off in search of our friends. I quickly stumbled upon Darry in the kitchen sipping from a red plastic cup.

"Hey! You made it!" She cheered.

I smiled. "Yep."

Her eyes widened at my dress. "Damn. You look fantastic!"

"Thanks Dare. So do you."

"Oh shucks. Thanks. Garrett was looking for you before, but then his girlfriend came on over and took him away." She pouted.

I shrugged. "I'll catch up with him later. No big deal."

Darry smiled weakly, but then it grew as Jared wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Hey June!"

"Hi." I grinned.

The rest of the guys, including my brother and excluding Garrett joined us and began to talk. Finally, I spotted Garrett out of the corner of my eye. I excluded myself from the group and walked over to him.

"Gare," I waved slightly trying my best to catch his attention.

He turned to me and smiled widely. "June! I was looking for you before!"

I tried my best to stifle my smile. "Yeah, I heard. I'm sorry. I just got here."

"It's okay," He reassured. "Look, I heard karaoke is being set up soon, so we need to get John up there, ok?"

Garrett was too focused. Something about the way he said it made me feel like it was only about John now. Like it always was. It was always about John. Now, even my own friend, its still about John. Not me. Yes, it was a plan, but I thought we could have some fun with it. Some sort of bonding, as stupid as that sounds.

I nodded my head. "Yeah." I said limply. Garrett turned away from me and my eyes widened. That was it? That?

I bit my lip hard and walked away shaking my head. I soon found myself outside in whoever's house this was backyard. I was tempted to get a beer. My eyes watched people walking in and out from the kitchen guzzling down beverage from beverage.

I didn't care about breaking the law. I didn't care about how Garrett didn't drink either. I wanted a damn beer.

I grabbed one quickly from the kitchen, not really Sure of my preference. How do I even know if I like whatever type I choose?

I sat down outside on the edge of a lounge chair. I took a sip of the beer and immediately realized how much of a mistake I was making.

My eyes wandered back to inside to find Garrett and Maggie kissing.

Maybe it isn't a mistake.........
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, yeah, this is short :( I'm sorry.
Also, I'm sorry about not updating much this week.
I was sick and couldn't bring myself to write.

Thanks for all the comments though! :)