Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

The Boys, They Have Their Eyes All Over You

"I don't want to go to school tomorrow." Ross confessed as he sat down at the kitchen table. He folded his arms over his chest and huffed.

John, who was sitting next to me, slurped down the remainder of his cereal. "Suck it up." He mumbled due to the fact their was milk and cereal in his mouth.

Ross glared at John, but then quickly glanced around the room. He quickly flipped John his middle finger noticing the coast was clear and mom was no where in sight.

"Grow up." Shane groaned walking over to the table with his own bowl of cereal.

John snickered and pointed to Ross. In return, Ross rolled his eyes completely ignoring his immature older brother.

"So, June, are you excited for school tomorrow?" Shane asked while flipping pages through the newspaper. He stopped once he reach the comics.

I shrugged. "I guess so."

"She's ready to check out the hotties of Tempe." John grinned.

I slapped him in the arm. "No I'm not! Shut up."

Shane chuckled. "Why not? I saw a couple guys across the street that looked about your age."

"And John's age. Don't you remember? We're twins." I narrowed my eyes at Shane. I didn't like talking about boys with any of my brothers.

It was always hard for me to have a boyfriend because I had a brother the same age as me. Of course the fact that I was a complete nerd also took in some factor in there. But guys didn't want to go out with "O'Callaghan's sis." It was just.....forbidden. You couldn't date your friend' sister.

This was tough because John was friends with everyone.

"That doesn't mean anything." Shane objected.

"Yes it does. John will be friends with all of them in a hear beat."

John walked over to the counter and poured himself some more cereal. "So?"

"I can't date your friends."

John smirked. "So you do want to check out the hotties of Tempe?"

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Will you shut up? I never said that!"

"You just did!" He threw his hands out in defense.

"Shut up!" I shouted.

"No!" He yelled back at me.

I groaned loudly. "You're so fucking annoying!"

"Well you need to stop being such a little bitch!"

"Hey!" Shane stood up from his chair and glared at John, interrupting our argument. "John, cool it and stop being such a wise-ass."

John took his bowl of cereal and plopped down in his chair across the table from me. "It's not my fault." He mumbled under his breath.

This made me want to scream at him even more. How could he not see it? It was his fault. Every fight we had was because of his irrational behavior!

"Yes it is." I snapped sternly at him.

"Do you want me to punch you?" He gave me this look in his eyes.

John never touched me. He never hurt me, but he would every now and then say something like that after we get in an argument. I know he would never actually punch me; it was just his way of telling me to back off.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen. I sucked in a deep breath and decided the best thing for me was to take a walk around the neighborhood and familiarize myself with my new home. It would help me cool off.

I grabbed my ipod out of my pocket and plugged in my headphones. I walked outside into the heat and sun blazing down on me.

We had been in Tempe, Arizona for two days now. The house was fully organized thanks to my mother's ability to well......organize and place things in their correct spot efficiently.

I walked slowly and counted my steps. I gazed around the block, observing each and every house intently.

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. Watch out!" A frantic voice called out from behind me.

As I turned around I noticed a short boy with long brown hair on a skateboard making his way straight for me.

I jumped off the sidewalk abruptly after noticing the boy couldn't stop. He was going awfully fast and seemed out of control.

"Pat! You suck!" Another male voice called from behind the boy.

The boy past me quickly after shouting a quick "Sorry!"

Another boy came by running behind him. Once the boy was by me he stopped and breathed heavy. He sighed. "I give up." He sighed and turned to me.

I gave him a weak smile. "Is he new to skateboarding?"

"Would you believe me if I said no?" He looked at me unsure.

I shrugged. "Probably not." I chuckled softly and so did he.

"Well, then yes, he's new." As he spoke he shook his head.

I laughed and watched as the boy finally stopped riding the skateboard after falling onto someones lawn.

"I'm Kennedy, by the way." The boy next to me held out a hand.

I shook his hand and smiled. "June."

He nodded his head. "You new here?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. My family just got here two days ago."

"Oh. Sweet."

"Yeah."

Kennedy looked intently at his friend and watched him get up off the stranger's lawn. He sighed and shook his head. "That boy can be a real klutz sometimes," He paused then laughed. "Well, I better get going. Nice meeting you June. I'll see you around."

"Alright. Bye."

He waved goodbye after running off to meet up with his friend once again.

"Sweetheart, you need to get up. School starts in a hour." My mother gently shook my awake.

I rubbed my eyes and groaned as I sat up straight. It was too early to function. It was too early to do anything.

My mother walked out of the room and into John's next door. I could hear him shrieked when my mother flipped on the lights.

I trudged out of my room and made my way to the bathroom. I stopped at John's door and peered inside to watch my mother wake him up fully.

She pulled back his covers and yet again, he screamed. "Mom! I'm naked!"

"John, you have your boxers on. There's a difference."

"Not a big one." He mumbled and sat up in his bed.

"Get ready. Now." My mom commanded before leaving the room.

After going to the bathroom, I went to my room and changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a purple v-neck t-shirt. I slipped on my black and white Vans and made my way downstairs after applying a thin layer of eye-liner and mascara.

I sat down at the kitchen table and picked at a chocolate ship muffin that I decided on eating. To be honest, I wasn't very hungry. Butterflies filled my stomach due to the fact I was nervous about my first day of school.

John jumped off of the forth step of the staircase and came skipping into the kitchen.

"How are you so awake?" I moaned.

He shrugged and grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket in the center of the table. "School gets me excited."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right."

My mother emerged from the hallway and into the kitchen. She held out keys to John. "Now you know what I told you about driving. I bought this car for you, but if you crash or do anything stupid, you're paying for the repairs."

John jumped in place and smiled widely. " I know, I know, I know, I know. Keys, keys, keys, keys please?"

My mother sighed and placed the keys in John's cupped hands.

"Let's roll July!" John grinned at me and began to walk out of the kitchen.

I grabbed my bag off the floor and followed John into the hallway. "It's June by the way. I figured you already knew that by now since you know, we have only known each other for seventeen years now."

John chuckled, placed a hand on my head and ruffled my hair. "You're so funny August."

I sighed and grabbed the keys out of John's hand. "Let's go."

"NO!" He screamed and grabbed the keys out of my hand. "This car is my baby. I will be the only one driving it."

I rolled my eyes. "You've only had it for a day now."

My mother decided at least one of John and I needed a car to drive back and forth to school. I'm not exactly sure to why I didn't get the car. I am the more responsible one, but then again, I wasn't the best driver.

I sighed and reluctantly gave the keys back to John. "Hurry up. We're gonna be late." I walked out of the front door and went to the passenger side of the car.

To my luck, it was lock and I would have to wait for John.

In front of the house across the street, four boys stood laughing about something. I tried to ignore them, but I couldn't help but steal glances in their direction. I had nothing better to do then look at them.

John walked out of the front door with a pep in his step. He looked over across the street and his eyes lit up. His head then shot to me.

"They're looking at you June." He whispered as he approached me.

"No they're not." I looked down at the ground, trying my best to avoid John's eye contact and to try my best to not look over at the boys across the street.

John smiled at me and he raised his eyebrows. "June, I'm not fucking lying to you. They keep looking over at you."

I couldn't stand it now. My head shot up and whipped around the find three of the four boys looking over at me. I swallowed hard and turned back to John.

"Aw, June's face is all red. You're embarrassed aren't you?"

"Shut up." I mumbled and grabbed the keys out of John's hand. I unlocked my side of the beat up Chevy pickup truck (why he pick this car I have no idea). Then handed the keys back to John.

I opened the car door and slid inside. As I slammed my door shut John opened his, stilling grinning at me. "You really need to stop saying that."

"Saying what?" I asked.

"Shut up."

"I do not say that all that often." I protested.

John rolled his eyes. "Yes you do. And it's not that very good of a comeback. I'm not offended by it anymore. Maybe when I was like......five, but not anymore."

"So what do you want me to say?"

"I don't know. Be creative."

I rolled my eyes, but found myself laughing at him as he pulled out of the driveway.

Out of the side mirror I could see each one of the four boys clearly. One was Kennedy from yesterday and I found myself curious to know if he was in the same grade as me.

I noticed one boy in particular still watching the car pull out from the driveway.

I sighed and shook the thought out of my head.

I really need to stop over-imagining things.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I promised this chapter to be more.....exciting, but it's not and I'm sorry.
Most of The Maine will be introduced in the next chapter. I promise.
And the next chapter will be a lot better. I promise again. :)
Comment and Subscribe!