Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

You're A Wreck And You Know

Waking up in the arms of someone that means the world to you; there is no way to describe it. It's like you completely forget about all of the problems you face. In my case, my father, my mother, my once best friend Darry cheating on my other best friend, and of course, my brother John.

"John!" I nearly shouted and jumped up from my comfortable spot on the couch in the arms of Garrett.

Garrett hopped up too, clearly alarmed. "What?" He asked, once noticing John wasn't in the room at all.

I had my hand clamped over my mouth now. I took it off lightly and let out a heavy breath. "Shit." I hissed.

I swallowed hard, facing Garrett. "He's fucking upstairs. He was upstairs that entire time."

Garrett's face immediately turned red. "I'm screwed, holy shit, I'm so screwed. He's gonna kill me. I'm gonna die."

I shook my head violently and smacked both of my hands on Garrett's cheeks and shook his head also. "No no no no no no no no. He won't find out. We won't tell him."

Garrett nodded his head. "Of course. Never."

I nodded my head also and then released my hands from his face. After doing so I let out a small chuckle.

Garrett smiled at my laugh and sat back down in the couch. "Want to watch some t.v so when John comes down it doesn't look suspicious?"

I grinned. "Sure."

Garrett flipped on the t.v and we ended up watching something on the History channel. I felt the need to fall right back asleep. I found myself drifting off and leaning against Garrett's shoulder.

It wasn't until then that it hit me.

What were we?

Were we friends now? Did we actually tell each other that we liked one another? Did he even like me? Oh god. What if it was just a kiss. A kiss and thats it?

"June," Garrett whispered into my ear and nudged me. "quick, I think John's coming."

With that, I popped right up on my seat and watched my brother stroll down the staircase. He yawned and stretched out his arms. "How's everybody doing? Have fun sleeping on that couch last night?"

For a moment I thought he knew. I thought he was addressing both Garrett and I; we had both slept on the couch last night.

But then I realized the question was directed to me, and only me. "Um, I, uh," I stuttered. "fine, great in fact." I put out a cheesy grin.

"There you go, being a good sport."

John sat down with us and watched a Revolutionary War documentary. After fifteen minutes her looked up at Garrett and I. "Hey, you'll never guess who texted me last night."

"Who?" Garrett and I asked simultaneously.

"Darry." John said, widening his eyes.

"What'd she have to say?" Garrett asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"She said that just because she wasn't dating Jared anymore doesn't mean that all of us can't be friends. But then I said that she cheated on Jared, who is our friend also."

Garrett and I remained silent.

"Then she went off on some tiff about how June hasn't contacted her at all." John narrowed his eyes at me.

I put my hands up in defense. "What am I suppose to do?! I'm torn. She can't expect me to come to her side, can she?"

"No, you're right." Garrett assured me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I burned and I quite enjoyed the sensation.

I then noticed John's curious eyes landing upon Garrett's hand. Oh John, if you only knew what happened last night.

Garrett noticed too and quickly pulled his hand away. I almost wanted to laugh, but at the same time I was embarrassed and ashamed. I'm hiding my feelings for this boy from my brother, not that I would tell him anyway. But this boy, this one is his friend.

"I still can't believe she did that." John ran a hand through his ever growing hair and shook his head.

"Neither can I." Garrett commented.

I suddenly felt anger rush through me. "How could she do that to him? I don't get it. And then she expected me to open up to her! She's just like all those other girls. All she gives a damn about is stupid gossip and boys."

John's eyes widened noticing how I opened up. His eyes flickered to Garrett, who remained calm. "Wait... hold on. Wh-"

"He knows John." I snapped.

"You told him?!"

"Yes. Is there anything wrong with that?"

"No, just," John stuttered. "you couldn't even tell mom or dad what happened and you told him?"

I stared down at the ground biting my lip. I abruptly snapped my head up. "Yes, yes I did."

"Why?"

"Why not? Garret and I..." I stared at Garrett for a moment. He was playing with his fingers and attempting to look not interested. "He's my best friend, John. He is."

John stared blankly at me for a moment, before nodding his head and turning his attention back to the television. I glanced over at Garrett who was now avoiding eye contact with me. I bit down on my lip and stood up.

I wasn't one for making scenes; I never was. I didn't like drawing any attention to myself, and right now I wasn't intending to do so. I just needed to get away. And that's what I did.

I walked right out of Garrett's house, not taking a second glance at my own and started walking down the block. I wasn't really sure where I was to gone. I was debating whether I should go to Pat's house, or possibly Halvo's, he did live closer.

I got to the end of the block before I heard my name being called. "I don't want to hear it John." I hollered, not turning around.

"It's not John."

I turned around to find Garrett standing there. He scratched the back of his head and then ruffled his already messy hair. "Um, uh, hi."

"Hi." I said, taking a step forward.

Garrett quickened his pace to get closer to me. To my surprise, once he was in front of me he continued moving. His hands slid along my cheeks cradled my face gently. His lips softly brushed against mine.

It took me a second to register what was happening yet again. That feeling came back and I melted into him. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

I was surprised when Garrett pulled away abruptly. "Best friend? Best friends don't do that June."

"I, uh," His comment caught me off guard. "what was I suppose to say? You know John! He would freak out and probably set your house on fire."

Garrett shook his head. "Why can't we just tell him? Sure, he'd freak out, but then he would have to get used to it."

I furrowed my brow and shook my head. "Garrett, I don't even know what this is. What would we tell him? You kissed me and I kissed you and we made out and....." I breathed heavily.

I sat down on the curb and placed my face in my hands, shaking my head. "You were my first kiss." I mumbled.

Garrett sat down next to me. "That can't be true."

I snapped my head up. "Well, it is, okay?"

"June...." Garrett trailed off.

I shook my head at him. "What is this? I want to know. I need to know what you want from this. If I don't know, John never will."

Garrett took hold of my hands and looked me in the eyes. "I like you June. I like you so much. I knew it the first time I saw you. When I walked into your room instead of John's I just knew it. I had never seen someone so beautiful as you. And you were reading a fucking book and you just looked so amazing and I just couldn't get over it for the rest of the night. None of these girls in this town are like you June. You see Darry.... they're all like her. You're the first girl I've ever felt this for, June."

"Then why'd you go out with Maddie." I mumbled.

"Because I was stupid and I wanted to get my first kiss over with....." He trailed off.

My eyes went wide and I looked at Garrett in shock. "She was your first kiss?" I watched as he nodded his head. "So you just had your first kiss about a month ago?"

"Yeah. And what sucks the most is that if I had just waited a little longer, you would have been my first. And that would have been so much better."

I stared at him in awe. I quickly found myself wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my lips onto his.

When we pulled away, Garrett's face was still inches away from mine. "I don't know what this is June, but whatever it is, I don't want it to stop."
♠ ♠ ♠
:) How is everyone?
This isn't my favorite chapter, but I still hope everyone enjoys it!
Just to let you guys know, I posted a new The Maine fic called "We Can't Forget Last Summer"
I posted it yesterday and the first chapter is up.
If you'd like, you can go over and check it out! I'm very excited about it and have many plans!
Thanks for reading! :)