Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

Walk This Way With Me

"Okay, alright, you are going to tell what's going on, and you're going to tell me it right now."

Kennedy strictly ordered Garrett and I, who stood in front of him with goofy smiles plastered onto our faces and our fingers intertwined together. Garrett squeezed my hand gently and I laughed, which in response, he chuckled as well.

Kennedy's face was hot and red. He couldn't believe all of this; he was completely blown away by the whole thing, despite the fact he already knew about when Garrett and I kissed the first time. He ran a hand threw his hair and paced the room back and forth.

We were at my house, and luckily, Garrett, Kennedy, and I were the only ones home. Shane was at a friend's house, while John went to hang out with Daisy, my mother and Ross went out for the day, and my father was working. I was pretty content; I must say. Garrett came over and we watched a couple of movies and played some video games (although I was terrible at them, he taught me), then Kennedy showed up.

Kennedy let out a loud, exasperated sigh. "Are you to, like, going out?" He asked in disbelief.

Garrett grinned and placed a hand on Kenny's shoulder. He left it lingering there for several moments, as Kenny stared at it, as if his hand was contaminated.

"Yes Kennedy," Garrett paused, still grinning. "We. Are. Going-"

Kennedy cut Garrett off violently and shrugged his hand off his shoulder. "YOU'RE CRAZY! John is going to kill you? Do you not get that?"

He then turned to me. "And you, John will never let you date again, especially not Garrett. He won't even let you see Garrett!"

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I plopped down on the couch and leaned forward. "You don't think we know that, Ken? It's risky, but we can't help it."

He shook his head. "Y-you need to stop this, right now."

"How do we do that? We like each other. There's no way to just.... stop." Garrett looked at Kennedy. "Come on Ken, can't you be happy for us? For me?"

"I am, I am, I am." Kennedy shook his hand and paced the room again. "I'm happy for you guys, but John is just going to rip you into shreds. I mean really, like he's probably going to cut you up into a million pieces and scooped your eyes out with a spoon or some shit..."

"That's, um, violent." I commented.

Kennedy's lip twitched upward for a moment and I knew what I had said must have lightened the air. Or at least I hoped so. "Look, I'm actually really happy for the two of you. I truly am, but I'm also concerned about your well-being and your well-being after John finds out."

Garrett came over and sat down next to me.

"What do you two plan on doing exactly?"

"Um..." Garrett trailed off.

"Oh god," Kenny mumbled and ran a hand threw his hair. "You're not going to tell him. That's your plan? You're just going to go your whole lives in a secret relationship. Well, you might as well just live underground, right? Let me tell you, that is the stupidest, fucking plan I have ever heard o-"

"KEN! Chill out. We're planning on telling him eventually. We just haven't found out the right way to and when." I cut him off.

He let out a breath. "I just hope you know you can't take to long."

"We do." Garrett said, then took hold of my hand and squeezed it lightly.

********

I giggled lightly as Garrett fell on top of me. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck and brought his face to mine. He planted his lips aggressively on mine, as did I. My fingers knotted in his already messy hair. I suddenly found myself wrapping my legs around his waist. He fell next to me and I rose. I straddled his waist and put both my hands on his face, I then kissed him lightly and sweetly. I planted light kissing all over him. I found myself kissing his neck and he would moan my name.

I got chills every time he did that. My whole body would turn cold, despite the body heat between the two of us.

To my surprise, Garrett rose from his seat and I found myself in his lap. I kissed him more, as did he. I smiled under his lips once they met and I could feel his doing the same. I pulled away, examining his face- his messy hair, those electric blue eyes, and the silver nose ring on his right nostril.

It amazed how comfortable I got with Garrett so quickly, especially considering I had never had a boyfriend and really any boy-relations before, aside from these past few months in Arizona.

It had been two weeks since Garrett and I decided to call it official. The only people who knew were Kennedy and Halvo, which saddened me slightly. I wanted to tell Pat and Jared desperately, they were my friends and I felt as if I was betraying them. I'm sure Garrett felt the same as well. But, I could never find the time to.

I was under close watch by John, who still believed there was something going on between Halvo and I. Garrett handled this well, but I noticed this look on his face every time John mentioned it. He wanted to tell John. I think he wanted John to know more than Pat or Jared.

Mrs. Nickelson knew as well, but she promised to keep it a secret until we worked things out. She asked no question, which was extremely nice of her. She was ecstatic when Garrett and I told her, and Garrett couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

John had a lot of things going on in his life. He just got over a throat infection, where he lost his voice. Because of this, he lost a lot of band practice, for he couldn't sing. The Maine is suppose to playing their first show on, which will determine whether they can go on a miniature tour over the summer to local venues in Arizona, New Mexico, and lower California.

John is extremely stressed by this, but there is also something else going on in his life. He confessed his feelings once more to Daisy, who told him she felt the same. Unfortunately, she's moving Saturday. John's heartbroken and can barely face Daisy. She wanted to make this last week together their best, but he just can't seem to bring himself up.

Then there's the thing about Halvo and I. I'm under close watch by John and I'm not allowed out of the house because he thinks I'm going to Halvo's. That makes time for just Garrett and I limited. We sneak off whenever we can, just like now.

Actually, it's eleven o'clock at night and I'm at Garrett's house. I snuck out because luckily, John fell asleep early. Garrett's mom is visiting relatives for the night so I knew it was perfect. The second Garrett opened the front door I jumped on him.

Then, there's my mother, who has always disproved of John's friends, especially Garrett. Quite frankly, I'm more scared about telling her about this relationship than John.

"I want to ask you a question." Garrett inquired.

I raised an eyebrow and a grin placed itself upon my lips. "Alright. Shoot."

He smiled, then scratched the back of his head, making his already disheveled hair a complete, and utter mess. It made me laugh lightly.

"Okay," He nodded his head. "Here goes nothing."

My eyes widened as Garrett hopped off the bed and kneeled down on one knee. "June," He began.

"Shit, Garrett. You cannot be serious."

He laughed loudly and shook his head. "No, no. I'm not proposing or some shit."

I nodded my head. "Okay. Good."

He furrowed his brow. "What? Is marrying me that repulsive?"

I smirked and shrugged. "I don't know."

He grinned and stood up. He then jumped on the bed and jumped onto me. He began to tickle my side. "Gare! Stop! Stop!" I laughed in between breaths.

"Nope! Not until you take it back!"

"Stopppp!"

"Nu-uh."

"Okay, okay! Fine! Marrying you would be nice."

"Only nice!" He tickled me once again.

I let out a loud scream and laugh. "It would be fantastic! Marrying you would be fantastic!"

He finally stopped and hoped off the bed once again. "That's more like it."

I shook my head and watched him kneel on his knee once again.

"Okay," He let out a breath. "I have to ask you a question."

"Oh really?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Shut up! I will tickle you again!"

I put up my hands in defense. "NO! Please no. No, I'm fine. Thank you."

He grinned, then took another breath. "June?"

"Yes?" I asked, laughing.

"Will you go to prom with me?"

His question caught me off guard. For sure I thought he was going to go ask me to play Left 4 Dead or watch some kind of zombie movie that normally I would be too afraid to watch.

"Uh.... what?" I asked.

His shoulders fell and he shook his head. "Forget it. I understand." He stood up and started to walk to the other side of his room.

I quickly got up and off of the bed. "No, Gare." I followed him and slowly placed a hand on his shoulder.

"June, if you don't want to, I completely understand."

"I'm just wondering why you would want to go to prom with me?" I asked, shaking my head.

Garrett turned around. "Why wouldn't I want to. You're gorgeous, funny, smart, and just... completely amazing."

I blushed wildly. "Gare, why do you think I wouldn't want to go with you?"

"Because I'm just... me. I took forever to ask you out because I didn't have the balls. I'm afriad of not only your brother, but your mom, I-"

I cut him off by leaning in, placing a hand on his chest and kissing his lips lightly. "Garrett," I raised my eyebrows. "of course I want to go to prom with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Comment and subscribe!