Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

Give Me Something To Remember

I was a complete wreck.

Normally, this was normal; I was always a mess. But as of right now, god, I was just completely, emotionally and mentally fucked over. Nothing was going right, but nothing was going wrong, yet I was still in this situation where I was completely stuck.

I felt like I was stuck in a room with no doors or windows. Slowly, the walls were making there way in, closing on me. I started to panic the closer the walls came to me.

John was the walls. He knew something wrong, but he respected my boundaries. He had faith in me that I would tell him what was wrong soon, but he was anxious.

Now that Daisy was gone, John emerged himself and all his time in me. He was always by my side, monitoring every moved that I made. This made it difficult for me to hang out with Garrett.

Quite frankly, I hadn't even touched Garrett in a week. We had light hearted conversations as John stood next to us or nearby.

My brother did suspect a thing between Garrett and I. He thought we were close friends and thats it. So it should have been easy for Garrett and I to hang out, right?

Nope. Not at all.

Of course, we had to factor my mother into all of this. I couldn't use my excuse for hanging out with Darry, because in some way or another, she found out about Darry now being our ex-friend. And, my mother hated me hanging out with John's friends in general.

So, in reality, the only time I could hang out with my only friends were when John invited them over, which was often because he realized how deprived I was.

I still got to see them at school though, which was where I was now. I was just about to leave with John when I told him I had to use the restroom and I would meet up with him at his car.

Once I was finished, I walked to the sink and began washing my hands. Thats when I heard, "You and Garrett, huh?"

I already knew her voice. It rang clearly in my head and I sighed heavily while I turned around to face her.

"I knew it was going to happen one day." Darry folded her arms over her chest and leaned against the wall.

"Did you?" I rolled my eyes, grabbing paper towel and crying my hands off.

"Oh yeah. I knew he liked you from the moment he laid eyes on you. It was cute, I guess. I had to admit, I was jealous."

Her statement caught me off guard and I spun around violently. "What?"

"He's a cute kid and I always had sort of a crush on him."

"But you were dating Jared."

"That didn't stop me before." He grinned deviously.

I threw the crunched up paper towel in the trash violently. "I can't fucking believe you."

She shrugged. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I was going for John at first, but then he became friends with Jared."

"Oh really? Well guess what? That doesn't make you any less of a slut." I snapped and marched out of the bathroom.

To my surprise, Darry followed me out into the hall. "You and Gare are cute though. But it will never last" I tried to object but Darry held up a finger. "You know it won't last too. You're too committed to your future and so is Garrett."

"Shut. Up." I hissed and clenched my teeth.

"I struck a nerve, didn't I?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know what? I really thought you were different. You were so sweet and so kind when I first met you. Was that all a game? The whole fucking time it was nothing? Or did something corrupt you? It really makes me upset Darry because I thought we were friends. I was wasting my time on you while I could have been making other friends."

"Oh, you mean other friends that your brother would make for you?" She placed her hands on her hips and smirked.

"I fucking hate you." I shook my head and walked away.

"Oh come on June. I know I can get a better reaction from you after saying that."

I whipped around, facing her. "You're right. But honestly Darry, I am so done with you. Don't even bother trying to harass me anymore. I just don't care."

"Okay then, I guess I'll just tell John about you and Garrett....."

"Fine, do it. I really don't give a shit."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is crazy short, and I'm sorry but I just wanted to get a chapter out.
Hope you liked it! :)