Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

Your Posion Kiss

"This one!" Pat shouted, running out of the aisle and towards me.

He dragged along side of him a pale, yellow dress with him. Kennedy stepped in front of him and cocked an eyebrow.

"Pat, that is the ugliest thing I've ever seen."

Pat's shoulders slumped over, but then looked up at me, as if he was looking for some sign of hope.

I shrugged. "Thanks, but no thanks."

He sighed heavily and retreated back to wherever he got the devil of a dress from. I bit my lip and turned back to the rack I was staring at.

The guys and I had been searching for dresses for a good hour and half now, and I was just about ready to give up. Not only did I get no sleep whatsoever last night, but I was just in an overall depressing mood the entire day. Looking at dresses wasn't my idea as a 'fun' activity. In fact, it was driving me crazy. I was stressing out and about ready to pounce on whatever dress was thrown in front of me next, just for the sake of being done shopping for the day.

"You alright?" Jared asked, looking over at me, his hands still in the midst of various dresses covered in plastic on the rack in front of us.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "I'm just tired," I paused for a moment and shook my head. "Plus, all this shopping and no luck has made me stressed out. Prom is in two weeks and I don't even have a dress."

"I don't think Prom is what you're nervous about June....." Jared trailed off, moving more dresses and looking.

"Oh yeah? Enlighten me." I said, nonchalantly.

"Two days after Prom is Graduation. And then comes Summer. And Summer means tour. Which means Garrett will be going away. And Graduation means you'll be going away. Which means the two of you will be on the opposite sides of the United States."

I shrugged. "Not necessarily."

He rolled his eyes and stifled a smile. "Enlighten me."

"You guys have a show in Maryland. I'll see him then."

"One show. One night."

Jared's statement hung in the air like a thick fog over a lake on a sticky, humid summer day. I was gnawing at my lip now and I swallowed the lump in my throat. I backed away from the rack and shook my head. "I need to sit down."

I rushed out of the store, leaving behinds Kennedy, Pat, Halvo, and Jared. I sat down on the curb and sucked in deep breaths.

I realized I hadn't had a panic attack in a long time. Months, actually. I continued taking deep breaths over and over again, and I seemed to finally calm down.

I knew the guys were leaving me alone on purpose- I was grateful for that. They had to realize the 'funk' I was in all day.

I had finally found something good- something amazing in fact. Garrett left me breathless and speechless. I could hardly picture myself without him at this point. It sounds stupid, how I'm so reliant on someone I just met within the past few months, but god, what I felt for him was unbelievable. I never pictured myself like this. I never ever thought I would tell someone I loved them.

Love.

Did I love Garrett? Was I in love with him?

"Need some water?" Halvo's voice came from behind me. I tuned around to find him holding a plastic water bottle, offering it to me.

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

I turned back around and watched the cars whiz by, completely unaware of the lives around them.

"You're not okay, so don't try to tell me you are." Halvo announced.

I raised an eyebrow, but still stare forward. "Well aren't you smart?"

He took a seat next to me. "What's bothering you?"

I sucked in a breath and shook my head.

To be honest, I was pissed. At everything. At everyone. Things could never be easy or simple for June O'Callaghan. Shit always had to hit the fan one way or another.

"My future."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know what's going to happen, but at this rate it seems like it's just going to be shit."

"And why's that?"

"Because so far all my life has been is shit."

"Oh really?" Halvo said, sitting up straight. "Is that so?"

I knew what he was getting at. I sighed heavily. "No, it's not. The past months have been great. I meant you guys and everything for once is good. But still, it's hard and difficult and my family is horrible. And now, I don't know if I can handle the relationship with Garrett. I feel like
there's no way for it to be better. I know myself, I know that I can't keep Garrett miles away."

"Why would you say that? Garrett is willing to keep your relationship going. He really likes you. Don't you like him?"

"Of course I do, but-"

"No June. No. You like him. You're just scared and you have every right to be, but he will not hurt you. I promise you that."

It took me a moment to reply. I sat there, still biting my goddam lip, staring across the road. Gasoline breezes hit me and caused me to cough lightly. I looked over at Halvo and nodded my head. "You're right."

He gently patted me on the back. "Come back inside. I think I found the perfect dress for you."

And it was the perfect dress for me.

It was a dark purple, that flowed into a lavender and gradually into a white as the dress reached the floor. One the top, the thick hemline faded from the same lavender into the white once again. Underneath, there was several purple and white beaded flowers.

"DAMN!" Halvo yelled.

I blushed a deep crimson. "Don't make me take this off!" I threatened.

"Gare is going to go crazy." Jared smirked.

I raised an eyebrow and grinned.

I changed back into my regular clothes and brought the dress up to the counter. Lucky for me, it was within my budget and I bought it within a heartbeat.

The guys dropped me off at my house about five minutes later. I rushed inside and tried my best not to trip with the dress in my hands.

"Hey, whatcha got there?" John emerged from the living, sipping a can of soda.

I gasped and jumped slightly. I sighed and started to bring the dress, but then saw the one and only Garrett behind John. "No!" I yelled and jumped in front of the dress.

"No no no no no no no." I ran up the stairs, holding a hand out in front of me, the other clutching the dress to the opposite side of my body.

Garrett chuckled and shook his head. John shrugged and sighed. " I have to go get the truck washed. Wanna come?"

Garrett the said, "I'll pass. I have to study anyway."

The guys left and I sighed of relief. I shoved the dress into my closet.

Before I got the moment to relax, two hands set themselves on my hips, causing me to once again, jump and let out a scream. "Shit!" I spun around and faced Garrett, smiling like an idiot.

"You're very jumpy today." He commented.

"It's not my fault. I thought you left!"

He shrugged. "John wouldn't have let me stay."

"You got that right." I smiled, leaned in and pecked his lips lightly.

Garrett's grip on my waist tightened. I noticed immediately something was different here. He wanted something more, and right now, I wanted it too. He pinned me against the wall and planted his lips on my lip. I slipped my tongue into his mouth but then backed away.

"Is anyone home?" I asked.

Garrett shook his head, taking my hand in his. "Shane is at a friends house. Ross had a doctor's appointment, which your mom took him too. And your dad is at work."

I grinned deviously and pushed Garrett onto my bed. His face turned red for a moment as I climbed on top of him, legs straddling his waist. Garrett's hands traveled up my shirt, feeling my sides for moment. I ducked under, but he was hesitant.

"Are you sure?" He whispered.

I nodded my head and he helped me take off my shirt. Garrett stared at my exposed torso for a minute or so, before pulling his own t-shirt off. I giggled lightly and could feel the heat rush to my face.

Garrett sat up, me now in his lap. He brushed the hair in my face and tucked it behind my ear. "You're so beautiful. I hope you know that."

Instead of replying, I simply kissed him.

This kiss was broken off by the front door opening and two familiar voices.

Not only was John in the house, but so was my father.

Of fucking course.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI. I know, I know- I'm a terrible person.
Trust me, I will be updating more often now. I've just have been having a couple rough weeks. But everything is better now!
Thank you for being so patient for me!
Comment and let me know you're still reading this!!! :)