Sequel: Forget It All

You're My Backbone

I Know I'm Gonna Fall

"You know, if it makes you feel any better, he never shuts up about you." Trey, who introduced himself the minute after I did handed me a bottle of water.

Garrett had talked about his older brother Trey often. He just got home from college today and was unpacking his belongings.

I sighed and smiled weakly. "I'm sure its a huge misunderstanding."

"I think so too. Garrett isn't one to run off with another girl," Trey laughed to himself. "he can barely get a girl."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. He cracked a smile. "I don't even know how he got you!"

I shrugged. "Well, he's my first boyfriend and-"

Trey cut me off. "No way! You!?"

I smiled and laughed. "Yep."

"That's crazy! A girl like you?"

I shrugged, blushing. I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting out.

"All I'm saying is that you seem smart and you're nice. Plus you are very pretty. I don't understand how no guy asked you out before."

I sighed. "That's what happens when you have a twin brother who's friends with everyone. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone."

Try nodded his head. "I guess I understand that. But hey, don't be worried about Garrett. If he ever lets a girl like you get away I'll beat the crap out of him. But, I think he knows how lucky he's got it. He's not going to take you for granted."

"You just met me! For all you know I could be a complete freak." I observed.

"Trust me, Garrett has told me enough about you. I know you better than you know the back of your hand."

"That's not creepy at all." I joked and Trey laughed.

"Speak of the devil." Trey said as he looked out the window.

I rushed over to where he stood and peered outside. Garrett was getting out of a car and sure enough, a girl sat in the front seat.

"That's Darry." I muttered, my eyes widening.

"You know her?" Trey asked.

"Yeah." I nodded my head.

We walked into the foyer, waiting for Garrett to walk in. When he did his eyes went large. "Oh June! You met Trey!" He smiled. I noticed a plastic bag in his hand. When he saw my eyes on it, he quickly held it in back of him.

"Soooooooo," Trey made his way to the stairs. "I'm just gonna leave you two alone for awhile."

Trey left, leaving Garrett and I in silence. I decided I was the one who had to break it.

"What were you doing with Darry?"

Garrett scratched the back of his head and sighed. "Can we go out back? To talk?"

I shrugged. "I guess so."

Garrett and I walked through the kitchen and out the back door. We sat down on the grass and remained silent for a minute. Garrett looked to be in some sort of pain. after about three minutes he sighed heavily.

"Okay, I didn't want to do this, but..."

He left me panicking. My heart was beating extremely fast.

Garrett pulled out the plastic bag and reached inside. He held out a small black box. "It was going to be a present for prom, but obviously you caught me in the act. I needed Darry to come and help me out. I'm not that good with jewelry. And I know we're not friends with Darry anymore, but I just needed her."

He smiled and looked up at me. "Open it." He held it out.

"Gare," I refused to take the box. "It's fine. I can wait."

He shook his head. "No. I want you to open it. I really do." He gave me another smile.

I gradually took the box from his hands and opened it slowly. Inside was a small, silver necklace with a single feather charm. I bit my lip, trying to keep back a huge smile.

"Garrett.. this is..." I sighed and looked up at him. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

"You like it?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

"I love it!" I commented. "Can you held me put it on?"

He nodded his head and took the necklace from me. He got up and sat behind me. I held up my hair as his hands draped the necklace around my neck. When his gentle fingers touched my neck lightly my heart pounded harder.

When the necklace finally was safely around my neck, I turned around quickly, grabbing Garrett's face and bringing it to mine.

"I," I stopped myself for a minute, thinking. "I really like you Garrett."

Garrett's eyes once again, lit up. "You do?"

I bit my lip and nodded my head. I slowly close the space between us and kissed his lips lightly. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"This is going to sound crazy, but bear with me."

I nodded my head, awaiting what he was going to say.

"You don't have to feel the same way. I'll be perfectly fine if you don't, but I have to get this out there."

"This will be sound ridiculous, but it's how I feel and, and," He stopped himself. "I love you June. I really really do."

I stared blankly at him, unsure if what he just said was real. "Oh." Was my response. I wanted to mentally slap myself, but that would do nothing.

Instead of responding, I kissed him back. He fell onto the ground and I laid next to him. "I can't tell you that I love you Garrett, because quite frankly, I don't know what that is. But I like you a lot. And I'm happy for once when I'm with you."

He smiled sweetly. "That's all I needed to hear."

He pecked me on the lips once more. Both of us laid there, hand in hand silently staring up at the sky.

He loved me. Garrett, the guy I sat next to during a scary movie all of those months ago love me. The guy who I hid under a table for loved me. The guy who was my brother's new found best friend loved me.

The guy who was about to go on tour across the country loved me.

Me, the girl who was about the move across the country had a guy who loved her.

Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you I would be updating more!! :)
And thank you sooo much for the comments!
Its nice to know all of you guys are still out there!!