Do I Dazzle You?

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ebony’s P.o.v

I couldn’t tell what time it was, somewhere around 9-10 o clock I was guessing, I could tell because the sun was already pouring down from the sky. It was hot, the sun hit my skin heating it up, making my cheeks turn a light shade of pink.
The previous night replayed over and over in my mind, the argument then meeting Gerard in the park, I only knew his name because I was friends with Frank, and he’s always mentioned him and I’d seen frank with him a few times.

He was going to take me back to his house? Why would he do that? Im a complete stranger to him.

Thoughts flew through my mind in a confusing blur and soon enough I found my self standing outside my house.
I slowly approached the front door, I lifted the door mat and grabbed the key hidden under it, obvious hiding spot much.
I shoved the key in the door and turned it pushing the door open, the door creaked slowly and I slid in through the gap, the house was dark, all the curtains were pulled shut.

He was either still asleep or at work.

I tip toed through the house being extra careful not to make a single noise.
I crept down the hallway and to my room opened the door and quickly locked it behind myself.
My room was a complete and utter mess, just as I left it,
Kyle made it even worse by ripping it apart last night. He wasn’t even my real dad, but he sure made it his business to be completely involved in my life.
Mum was a nurse, she worked nights and he defiantly took advantage of that. She knew he drunk, but she didn’t see how violent he got.

I picked up photo frames and random bit of clothes and placed them back in their correct spot carefully. Adjusting everything, soon enough my room was back to normal everything neat and packed up.
Hopefully there won’t be another repeat when I get home later tonight.
Work was my sanctuary it got me away from him.

I turned around 11 o’clock the red numbers on the clock flashed.
I walked over to my bed and sat down and looked over sat my pillow a small bit of paper folded neatly was placed directly in the middle of the messy black material of the pillow.
I picked it up and unfolded it.

Maybe I’ll see you later tonight.
Love from Gerard.

What the hell…Gerard had never been in my room, and to leave a note behind...how did he get in here... everything was locked up

My heart beat started to beat faster in my chest, I felt as if my chest was going to explode.
A nervous tension found its way into my stomach making it spin… I felt like I was going to be sick