Sequel: Jealous Eyes

One Night Couldn't Be So Wrong

Three

Matt took a left instead of taking a right when he got to the corner. Normally, Taylor wouldn’t be surprised by this action, but tonight she was.

Mainly because any coherent thought that crossed her mind was dissected and taken apart by her brain. So much junk cluttered her head that she was trying to sort it all out.

“We’re going to the beach?” Taylor asked, surprised to see the ocean view in front of her.

Matt nodded, not offering much explanation, putting the car in park in the parking lot on the shore. Taylor pulled her cell phone out of her back pocket and checked the time on the bright LCD screen. One forty-seven.

Holding her breath, praying not to get caught by the cops, Taylor followed Matt out of the car and on to the sand. She muttered curse words the whole way, fully aware that sand was sneaking in to her black chucks.

“Matt, what the hell are we doing out here?” Taylor asked, hugging her body since her thin hoodie wasn’t really helping to contain her body heat.

He ignored her, kicking at the sand with his shoes and staring off in to the water.

“Matt,” She tried again. No answer.

“Fine, then I’ll walk my ass home if you won’t answer me,” She mumbled, getting ready to turn and leave.

“Taylor.”

She stopped.

“What if I said I didn’t really like you until today?” He asked, not moving and still watching the waves crash on to the sand.

Taylor shifted her weight from one foot to the other, trying to think of the right thing to say. She scrunched her eyebrows together. “Is this because you heard me screaming that I wanted to have sex with you?”

“No.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.”

She sighed. “Matt.” She took a step forward and reached out for his hand, taking it in hers and lacing their fingers together, staring out in to the ocean alongside him. “I’ve kinda had a crush on you forever, and I know, before you start jumping to conclusions, that I should’ve just told you, but I had this fear,” She explained. “I had this fear that you wouldn’t feel the same way. I figured you wouldn’t like me the way I like you, and that I would be okay with it, because you’re still my best friend, no matter what happens. I promise.”

Still having their hands joined together, Matt turned to face Taylor, cupping her cheek with his free hand. “Taylor---“

“You don’t have to say anything Matt,” She smiled. “Silence is golden.”

He gave a little half smile in her direction and brought himself closer to her, kissing her softly for the second time tonight.

Maybe it was the salty sea air around them, or the sounds of the waves hitting one another, but what ever the cause was, both Taylor and Matt felt something they’d never thought they’d feel for each other.

What started as an innocent kiss quickly turned heated, leaving both of them breathless in the end.

“Stay at my place tonight,” He whispered huskily next to her ear. She nodded her head in agreement to his offer.

With their hands still together, they walked back to his Camaro and drove off back to his home where the clothes didn’t stay on for long.

“Taylor,” He groaned as she accidently brushed against him again.

“Sorry,” She apologized, hastily removing his jeans. She was already down to the bare minimum and was trying to make herself not feel like a whore by taking off his clothes as well.

“Do we really have to do all the …” He asked, trailing off at the end.

She shook her head. “Matt, just….”

“I gotcha,” He said, laying her down on the bed, hovering above her. The way she looked right now would forever be etched in his memory.

He quickly removed the thin cotton panties she was wearing and tossed them alongside of his boxers. Slowly, he pushed in to her, trying to be extremely careful not to hurt her.

At first, she was alright, but as he gained speed, Taylor could feel herself wanting to cry. Not because she was in physical pain, but because she knew the emotional pain that was going to follow afterwards.

“Tay,” Matt said in a hoarse voice. He stopped moving, which was a difficult task, and looked down at her beautiful face. “Are you crying?”

She wiped away her tears with the palm of her hands. “No, just keep going.”

“Am I hurting you?” He asked, now worried that he was.

“No,” She cried. “Please, just keep going.”

“Okay,” He mumbled, resuming his pace that he once held before.

The whole time, Taylor knew it was wrong to be doing this. She knew that he was her best friend and that even though she wanted this moment to happen so badly, it was going to be different afterwards.

Little did she know how different it was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be a sequel. Promise.

REV