Never an Ending

Chapter 4

“Gasp! And he’s walking toward you! Don’t mess this up!” Chelsy advised.

A guy (the guy who helped me pick up my books) with a short round haircut, a baby blue tee, and tan cargos was walking toward me with a cute and shy smile
“Um, hi. Is it… Rae?”
“Yeah.”
“I… didn’t get to finish my introduction. My name’s Skye. Does this belong to you?”
“My phone! It must’ve slipped outta my pocket when I tripped!” He handed me my cell and gave me a quirky smile.
“Hey, are you-… do you think you could-… Wanna catch a movie or something?” He finally managed to sputter out.
Chelsy grabbed me and turned around. We had a little ‘debate,’ since we were going roller skating tonight. Two minutes later, we turned back around.
“Chelsy and I are going roller skating tonight, but… you can come with. Meet us at 7:00 tonight, k?” I hesitantly replied.
“Cool, see you there.” Then he left to hang out with his friends, who were, apparently, watching us.
I heard an irritating ding in my ear and realized it was time for lunch. Chels and I talked about our roller skating plans and how Skye and she said that he and I would look so cute together. I finished my sandwich and for Social Studies with Mrs. Barkly. She asked me a couple Social Studies questions and gave us all a test (which I probably got a B- on).
After that, she and I went to second break time (the one right before we go home). We chatted some more (this time, randomly about unicorns) then, we got on our buses.
It was a LOOOOOONG bus ride home! I usually think it is when I’m expecting something good at home. Anyway, I got home at 5:00 (I’m the last one off) and had to suffer more waiting at home. I listened to my MP3 until I heard…
“RAE! TIME FOR DINNER!!!” …in my mother’s voice.
I rushed down the stairs to the smell of baked chicken. Mom, Dad, Kimmy, and I prayed, and ate. I could’ve sworn I ate half of that bird! It was around 6:45, so I told my mom and dad that I was going to roller skate with Chels. Mom said she would drive me, but I refused. I was going get that little chub off and walk there myself (plus, how embarrassing, would it be for your PARENTS drive you somewhere when you’ve got your learner’s permit?)
After about 15 minutes of walking, I saw a bright, colorful, neon street-sign that said ‘Smokin’ Shoes.’ As I approached the building, I saw Chelsy’s mom’s car pull up in the parking lot, along with a royal blue suburban vehicle. That, as soon as the passenger got out, sped away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to send me messages! Please comment too!