When Love and Death Embrace

<^> return of an unsuspected nightmare <^>

She walked over to the bed and sat down. You saw a big bruise forming on her cheekbone. You ran over to her and hugged her tightly. She pushed you away quickly. "don't touch me."

"Katie, did novak hit you?" she scoffed and got off the bed.

"no he didn't Ryanne; you did. I was trying to stop you from stabbing your baby and your backhanded me." You couldn't believe it. You had hurt your best friend.

"oh my god. Katie, I'm so sorry. I don't remember any of that. Is the baby alright?" Katie got quickly interested in the floor. "Katie? Is it alright?" she looked up at you with tears in your eyes.

"there never was any baby. I thought I was pregnant; but I wasn't. I'm afraid to tell novak. He really wanted this baby. I just don't know what to do."

"I think he's gonna be relieved though. You know that you two weren't ready to have a kid anyway. I know I'm not."

"but you don't have a choice. You're already pregnant. Don't get me wrong, a baby's great. But I could never see myself as someone's mom."
"I can. You're gonna be a great mom." She just shrugged her shoulders. "oh! I have to check my e-mail. 3 weeks without it, I'm going through withdrawal." You ran over to your computer and logged in. "so what has been going on when I was in a coma?" Katie sat on the bed again.

"nothing much. Bam turned this place into a rehab nut house, novak has been fussing over me and Aubrey has been worrying about the whole wedding. That's pretty much it." You laughed and turned back to your e-mail. You opened your inbox to see lots from bam. Well, all of them were from bam except for one. It was from Danny.

"oh my god. Katie, I got an e-mail from Danny." She sighed and laid down on the bed. She covered her eyes with her hands.

"oh no, don't look at it. It's probably a wedding announcement. I don't wanna hear it." You read it and were shockedyet happy.

"well Katie, it's not a wedding announcement." She sat up straight and looked at you.

"well what is it?"

"it's a death announcement." Katie shot off the bed and ran over to the computer. She read the e-mail and smiled widely. I saw her smiling and laughed. "Katie! I can't believe you!"

"what?"

"ugh! Molly just died! His girlfriend since he started college has just died and you couldn't be happier! You're so evil."

"I know. But I can't help it. You know I've been in love with him since we were in high school. When he went off to college and found molly; it killed me. Don't you remember? I wouldn't leave my room for a week."

"yeah. Then you met novak and loved him. You still love him don't you?" she turned around and started pacing. "you do love him right?"

"well, yeah! Of course I love novak! But deep down, I'll always love Danny more. He was my first real love ever! I don't know what to do now."

"well, maybe you should tell Danny that you love him." She bit her fingernails and kept pacing.

"what about novak? I can't just leave him."

"I don't think you'll have to worry about that." Bam said as he walked in the room and laid on the bed.

"bam, how much of that did you hear?" Katie asked in a scared tone.

"just something about having a reason to leave him. I have the perfect reason." You stood up and started walking back over to your bed.

"bam, shouldn't you be telling her not to leave your best friend?"

"well yeah. But what he did is just plain wrong." Now you more confused than ever.

"bam, what are you talking about?" Katie asked eagerly. She walked over to the bed and sat next to him. He leaned over and whispered something in her ear. Her eyes went wide and filled with tears. You saw the anger building up inside of her. She got off the bed and stormed out of the room.

"what did you tell her?"

"come on or you'll miss it!" he said as he ran out of the room like an excited child. You had to follow them. You walked out to the banister and saw kaite yelling at novak.

"who the fuck is jackson, novak?!"

"he's technically my son."

"did you ever plan on telling me at all?!"

"someday, after we had our kid for a few years. Then I would tell you." He put his hand on her stomach and smiled. She slapped it off.

"what kid of ours?! There is no kid and there was never any kid!" he looked shocked and hurt.

"what are you talking about?" you turned and walked down the stairs. You were about to explain what was happening when someone came in. novak turned to you and half smiled. "ry. It's for you." The man walked in and you froze on the stairs. He walked up to you slowly, but you were still trying to figure out what was going on.

"ry? Are you okay?" you shook your head no. he smiled and hugged you. You didn't hug back. You couldn't; you were frozen with confusion and shock. You then remembered how he left you. You looked over your shoulder and saw bam was shocked and angered. He couldn't take it anymore. He stormed over and pushed skylar off you.

"what the hell are you doing here skylar?" he looked up at him and put on an evil smile. You know he was drunk again. Bam started to go towards him. But you pulled him back.

"bam don't. he's wasted." He nodded and went back to skylar.

"what the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm here for her. I hear she's pregnant with my kid. So I'm here to take what's mine." Skylar pulled out a gun and shot it at you.