When Love and Death Embrace

<^> storytime <^>

You opened your eyes and it was still dark. Your arms weren't full of needles and you were dressed in a red corset dress. You quickly looked over to Ville's bed and saw he was gone. You slowly got off the bed and walked to the door still trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. When you opened the door, you didn't see the pasty old white hospital hallway; but the rooftop to your old apartment. There on the far ledge of the roof was ville sitting, looking out to the lights of Westchester. Smiling, you walked out slowly to him. You sat on the ledge looking out the same way he was. You fought back the urge to look at him, apparently he felt it too. He reached out and held your hand. When he touched your hand, you felt something change. You pulled your hand back to reveal a beautiful diamond ring on your ring finger. You looked up at ville to see his smiling face. He then showed you a gold band that was on his ring finger. You then realized that you were married to ville. You leaned in and deeply kissed him. You had never felt so happy in your entire life. As you kissed ville you heard someone shout, "Mommy!" you broke the kiss and turned towards the sound. You turned to see a tiny little girl with long flowing dark hair and sparkling green eyes come running towards you. You knew immediately that she was your daughter. Everything was perfect. You were married to ville and had a perfect daughter. Nothing could go wrongthat's when you woke up. You sat up quickly to see yourself in the hospital room and ville was still unconscious next to you. You couldn't stand to see him like this. So you decided to get up and talk to him. You realized that you were still hooked up to the IV's. You took hold of the machine and brought it around the bed. You walked over to him and studied his body. He was still very pale, dark circles around his eyes and his hair was spread across the pillow. There you sat in the chair beside his bed and got up the courage to talk to him. "Ville, this isn't funny anymore. You have to wake up. I'm sorry for yelling at you. I know you didn't want to leave me. Trust me; Tim wasn't what I thought he would be. He was just a filler until you got back. He's not who I want to be with. I want to be with you. So you have to wake up ville. This wasn't supposed to happen to you. I'm the one who's supposed to be unconscious in the bed and you're the one who should be talking to me. The doctors say you won't remember anything. I'm not believing them though. I mean, how could you forget me? I'm totally unforgettable." Just then, the doctor came in the room.

"Miss Jones?" you looked up at the doctor. "There you are. What are you doing to Mr. Valo?"

"just talking to him. Do you know when he's gonna wake up?" he shook his head no.

"unfortunately not. our physiatrists say that it's his choice when he wants to wake up. You looked back to ville and all of his monitors. "they think he'll wake up soon. Right now though, you have to get some tests done." You agreed and got up from the chair. Ville wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. So there was no rush. You hated to leave him, but it had to be done. You kissed his cold forehead and left for your tests.

*gonna skip ahead about 3 weeks*
you got out of the hospital about a week ago only to spend more time there with ville. He's made a lot of progress over the past 3 weeks; although he hadn't woken up yet. He had moved and his brain waves are really active. He was bound to wake up any day now. You've been miserable, the guilt never left you. People visited him all the time, so there was always someone with him. Today you sat with bam and missy in the room. You all were very quiet. You liked missy; she was a fun girl that was perfect for bam. He seemed happy, so that's really all that mattered.

"ry? How long do we have to be here?" bam asked as he moved a skateboard around with his feet.

"not much longer. Bam, you weren't supposed to bring that in here."

"I don't care. I don't think ville mindsdo ya ville?" missy slapped him for his rude remark. "ow! I'm sorry, just trying to lighten the mood."

"don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to ry." He gave you a sympathetic look. You got up from the chair and went over to the window. Missy apparently took the hint. "come on bam. Your demo is starting soon." She said as he stood up.

"I don't have a demo today." She grabbed the collar of his shirt to pull him up. "I guess we're leaving. Bye ry, call if anything happens to my man." That's when she pulled him out of the room, leaving you alone with ville. Usually you would talk to him; but today you didn't feel like it. Today you really wished he would just wake up. Wishes don't come true though, or so you thought. You stared out the window to see the sun setting over the Pittsburg skyline. All of a sudden Ville's brain monitors went insane. Nothing like this had ever happened before. You turned quickly to look at him. He moved around slowly before finally opening his eyes. You stood at the windowsill frozen. You didn't know whether to jump on his kissing him passionately or to run off and tell someone. He looked around slowly taking in his surroundings before having his eyes land on you with a look of confusement on his face.

"where am I and why are you glowing? Am I dead?" you wanted to speak, but your throat ran dry. He had finally woken up. All you wanted for him was to remember you. "am I dead?" he asked again. You snapped out of your shock and moved out of the suns setting light.

"no ville, you aren't dead. You're in the hospital and it's all my fault. I am so sorry." You walked over and sat on the edge of the bed next to him.

"what did you do ry?" you were about to explain until you realized he had said your name.

"you remember me?"

"of course I remember you. How could I forget the girl I care about? You're unforgettable." You had never been happier in your life. All of your talking actually worked. You flung yourself in to hug him tightly. "Ohh! Ow ry that hurts." You retracted quickly.

"I am so sorry. I'm just happy that you're awake and that you remember me." He smiled and tried to sit up. "no. don't sit up just yet. Just rest ville." You said as you lowered him back down into the bed.

"fine love. I'll rest for you. Just tell me what happened." You sighed and again sat on the bed.

"well then you sit back and relax. It's kind of a long story." He smiled and snuggled into the bed.

"I guess its story time then." You had to smile. His sense of humor was damaged in his come and you were ecstatic. You ran a hand through his long dark hair while looking deep into his green eyes. The urge to kiss him was uncontrollable; but you were good in control. You should have known though to think he couldn't tell what you were thinking. "just kiss me already ry." Almost immediately you leaned in and kissed him gently. His lips were cold yet had a warm sensation. You pulled away slowly. He smiled a wide smile. "now I feel bad." You shot him a questionable look. "how long have you been here ry?"

"like today or altogether?" you asked cautiously.

"altogether."

"as long as you've been out. We were both out for about a week and you have been out for 3 weeks since then. So about a month altogether." He sighed and moved around in his bed. "What is it?"

"I feel bad that you've been here the whole time and when you were out, I left you. So I feel really bad that you stayed here."

"you were forced to leave. I wanted to stay because you're here and it's all my fault."

"what happened? I'm sure it's not all your fault." You sighed as you got up and paced the room. "ry, stop pacing. You're making me dizzy." You stopped pacing and sat in the chair by the window. "ry." You looked over at him. "I'm waiting for my story." He said so innocently. You couldn't tell him though. He would be furious with you. Just then, the doctor walked in.