When Love and Death Embrace

<^>She's off limits<^>

Your eyes went wide as you quickly made your way over to the glass doors where everyone was standing.

"who's proposing to who?" you whispered pushing your way through the crowd of crew, standing next to Aubrey.

"Danny is gonna propose to Katie. Look at what he did to the deck!" you looked out the window and saw the whole deck scattered with candles and it looked like Danny made dinner for her. You laughed lightly, knowing that since Danny can't cook, the dinner was probably macaroni and cheese. It was romantic either way. Suddenly Danny got down on his knee next to Katie's chair. You and Aubrey squealed and held each others hands tightly, waiting for her answer. Her hands went over her mouth and tears glimmered on her face from the light of the candles. He pulled out a small box from his pocket, showing her what was inside. You and Aubrey gasped in anticipation, making all the guys laugh at you. You ignored them, keeping your eyes on Katie awaiting her answer. You saw her head nod slightly. Danny took the ring out of the box and slipped it on her finger. You quickly opened the sliding glass door, running over to her happily. Everyone else followed your lead cheering and clapping. You ran up to Katie and hugged her tightly. She sobbed happily on your shoulder. You pulled back and looked at the ring on her hand. It was a beautiful single diamond on a silver band. On her finger, it looked like it had been there the whole time. You looked to her face smiling widely.

"you're engaged." You whispered.

"I know." She said smiling more than you had ever seen her smile before.

"you and Danny are going to be extremely happy."

"I'm scared out of my mind though." You laughed and held onto her hands.

"it's alright, you're allowed to be scared. Marriage is such a scary thing." She nodded.

"you'll have to face it someday too." You sighed and nodded.

"I've already dealt with what you're going through right now though." Her eyes went wide with confusion.

"you have?" you nodded. "to who?"

"I was engaged to Tim. It didn't work out for me, but I know it's gonna work out for you. Danny loves you with all his heart. You understand?" she nodded. You hugged her tightly, until you heard a voice coming from behind you two.

"Katie?" you released from your hug to see who had called for her. There stood novak with his hands in his pockets. "can I talk to Katie alone ry?" you looked to Katie, who's eyes were fixated on novak. "ry?" you jumped a bit and nodded. You let go of Katie's hand and walked towards the group all congratulating Danny. Before you passed novak, you looked to Katie and back to him.

"she's off limits you know." You whispered to him. He laughed lightly and nodded. You laughed as you walked over to the group.