When Love and Death Embrace

<^>You're right<^>

You looked beside ville to see skylar sitting in the chair beside him. Your eyes went wide with fear at the sight of him. His hair was now short, black and spiky. His once beautiful blue eyes were now dull and gray. He looked like he hadn't slept in months and his smile was as crazy as you had ever seen it. You looked to ville sitting up in the bed. He had no shirt on and band of gauze wrapped around his torso. "aww how sweet." Skylar purred. "the lovers have matching shot wounds." Your heart dropped to the pit of your stomach as he stood up and cocked his gun at you. Ville tried to sit up farther, but he was repelled back down by his hurting wound. Skylar laughed evilly and smiled his crooked smile. Banging and kicking was heard on the doors; but that didn't help you much. "he told you to stay away ry, why wouldn't you listen to him? Hell, he even put a security password for his room number." Skylar said as he walked towards you slowly. You backed towards the wall with every step he took. Ville's eyes watched you continuously as your scared eyes stayed locked on skylar.

"I was told that jonna was the one that did it to him." You said quietly. Skylar laughed and nodded.

"that she did. Oh how I love my little decoy. She gets all the blame for the shooting and I can just walk in here to wait for you." By now you were against the wall so hard that if you took one more step, you'd go right through it.

"why are you doing this?" ville groaned. Your eyes, unfortunately, looked to ville. Skylar's free hand shot up and clasped itself around your throat. You gasped, brought your hand up and pushed skylar against his chest. He laughed and put the gun to your head. You stopped pushing against him and closed your eyes tightly. You could only imagine how ville was feeling.

"this has nothing to do with you ville." Your stomach did a flip when he said his name. "still shivering at my touch baby?" his grip on your neck tightened. You gasped and shook your head no. "then what darling?"

"at the thought of your face after I do this." He tightened his grip on your neck. You took your knee and jammed it up into his crotch. He released your neck, falling to the floor. He shot the gun, missing your head and just skimming your arm. You hated how whenever something really extreme happened, the cops would show up immediately. When the gun was shot, the door miraculously opened and the police came rushing in. you fell to the ground, clutching your arm as the cops pulled skylar out into the hallway. you could hear ville's heart monitor beeping uncontrollably; nurses next, rushed in. 2 cared for ville and 2 came and cared for you. They wrapped your arm tightly in gauze for the time being. After a few minutes of them wrapping your arm and trying to see if you were alright, they left you and ville alone for a while. You got off the floor, still holding your arm and smiled sweetly at ville. His heart rate was still uncontrollable. "ville, calm down. I'm perfectly fine."

"no you're not. That bastard shot you." You laughed lightly and sat on the edge of his bed.

"wouldn't be the first time." You muttered silently. Ville looked deeply into your eyes, full of concern. "I've told you this before ville."

"then care to tell me again?" he asked sincerely; you couldn't say no. he was proving that he really did care for you, anyway he could. You sighed and stood up from the bed.

"well skylar wasn't lying when he said that we have matching wounds." You lifted up your shirt to show your old gun scar on your lower stomach. Ville reached out and ran his fingers over your scar. You shivered and took a deep breath.

"skylar did this?" he said in more of a statement then a question. You nodded sadly and put your shirt back down. "why?" you sighed and sat back down on the bed. He took your hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

"well if you remember when we first met"

"I'll never forget that night." He interrupted. You laughed and held his hand tighter.

"anyway, when we first met, I didn't know I was pregnant. Then I was in the coma for 3 weeks and you left. I was pregnant for a while and that's when skylar found out through the grapevine. He came to the house, drunk off his ass and shot me. I lost the baby and my will to live. I wouldn't leave my room for anything. It wasn't until one day when I just got fed up feeling sorry for myself. I got out of the bed and smiled for the first time in about 4 months." He sighed and held onto your hand tighter.

"you should have listened to me." He mumbled as he looked down at your fingers laced with his.

"you're right." You laughed lightly. His head shot up from his gaze and he stared at you with wide eyes. You giggled and stared at him back. "what?"

"I'm sorry, can you say that last part again?" you smiled and rolled your eyes.

"what?" you replied playfully. Ville laughed and stared at you sternly.

"ry, please." You laughed and looked down at your intertwined fingers.

"you're right, I should have listened to you." He laughed and sat back in the bed.

"now just record that and I'll be content." He sighed while closing his eyes.

"but I'm glad I didn't listen to you." He re-opened his eyes and perked his head up. "if I had listed to you then skylar wouldn't have been caught by the police."

"you wouldn't have gotten hurt though." He said sadly. You brought your intertwined hand up and kissed the back of it lightly.

"true, I wouldn't have gotten hurt physically. Emotionally though, I'd be dead and buried." He looked at you with hurt eyes.

"why did you come back ry?" he asked once again. Immediately, one perfect quote popped in your head.

"people do stupid things, when they're in love." He smiled and pulled you in to kiss him. It may have been only about a little more than half a day, but you missed his kiss. You missed how it could be both passionate, but loving.