When Love and Death Embrace

<^>You've got to be shitting me<^>

You pulled away, finally breathing. He brushed his hand against your cheek while studying your face. You both sat there in silence for a few minutes, until a doctor came in.

"mr. valo, ms. Jones you two are pretty entertaining." You smiled and nodded.

"was skylar arrested?" the doctor nodded.

"yes, he was taken outside after having a bit of a fight with your friends." Your eyes widened and looked at ville. His expression though, wasn't worried. You rolled your eyes and looked back to the doctor.

"when will we be able to leave?" you asked nicely. The doctor looked at his charts and then back at you both.

"well I need to stitch up your arm and then you're free to go. I'm afraid ville will have to stay with us for another day. We just want to see how he heals up." You nodded and looked back to ville.

"I'll stay with you." Ville shook his head no. "ville" you warned.

"no ry, you need to go back to new york for the award show. I'll be fine here. I have linde, mige, novak, everyone! You go back to new york with bami." You opened your mouth to argue, but he placed his hand over your mouth. "besides, we still have to set up for the birthday bash." You rolled your eyes again. "don't roll your eyes at me young lady." You laughed and licked the palm of his hand, making his face turn smug. You laughed and moved your face, noticing the doctor was still in the room.

"shall I stitch you up now?" you nodded. You hated getting stitches, but you felt if ville was by your side; you could do anything. This thought would turn out to last you the rest of your life, but we'll focus on the present for the time being; rather than the future. The doctor pulled up the chair beside the bed and sat down. He pulled out the stitching needle and thread. Your eyes went wide and you squeezed ville's hand tighter.

"do you just carry around stitching supplies in your pocket all day?" you asked fearfully. The doctor laughed and shook his head no.

"no, I just picked this up from the nurses station." You sighed and nodded. He must have noticed your nervousness. Hell, a dead guy could notice your nervousness. "ever had stitches before?"

"oh too many times and each time it gets worse." The doctor laughed lightly. You didn't find it too funny though. You were dead fucking serious.

"well I am pretty skilled when it comes to giving stitches. I promise you that you won't feel a thing." He said as he took off the gauze. He then prepped the needle and held it above your wound. "I'm going to start now." You closed your eyes tight and squeezed ville's hand. Ville laughed and gave your hand a reassuring squeeze. You focused your mind on skating. You had usually thought of skating when in pain or feeling you were going to be in pain; a little sad, but true. You had your thought set on a McTwist when you felt a little tug on your arm. "there, all done. Feel anything?" you opened your eyes and looked at you stitched arm. You looked over it, examining it. You looked up at the doctor, smiling in amazement. He simply laughed.

"you've got to be shitting me." Ville laughed and wrapped his arm around your waist. He then groaned and took his arm back. "what did you do?" you asked as you looked at his arm. He had stretched his arm a bit too far and pulled at his IV's. "nice one honey." You teased. The doctor walked over to the other side of the bed and put some more tape over the IV needle.

"no more movements like that." Ville nodded obediently. "alright, well Ryanne you may leave whenever you want." You nodded. "I'll be back to check on ville later. He's in good hands here." He reassured you.

"did I not tell you that you weren't supposed to be here?" linde exclaimed, bursting in the room with mige and novak right behind him. This outburst surprised you; mostly because it came from linde. Ville laughed and relaxed as linde noticed that the doctor was still in the room. "sorry." He muttered quietly.

"that's alright, I was just leaving." The doctor pushed past the boys and walked out. The second the door latched shut, linde started up again.

"I told you not to be here; but nooo, novak had to give you the password. Even that didn't stop you. Ville here knew that, so we put a police guard on the lookout for you. So obviously you're stubborn, I can accept that. The thing I can't accept is that you went against ville's wishes and put yourself in danger." That's when it hit you. They knew that skylar was in here all along.