Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

Alex's Past.

The rain was still pouring down, slamming harshly against the car window. Hannah looked at Alex while she removed her soaked jacket and throwing her soaked backpack to the seats in the back of the car.

'I- I don't know how to start,' Alex confessed while he nervously tapped his fingers against the steering wheel. Hannah giggled as she leaned her chin against her knee while looking at Alex. 'Start with the beginning?' she suggested and that made Alex laugh.

'Okay,' he said and took a deep breath as he turned around and stared straight into Hannah's blue eyes. Hannah smiled at him and hoped he'd be able to tell her whatever was going on. 'You- uh, you remember when I told you that I don't live with my parents anymore?' Alex said and swallowed as the lump in his throat was growing. Hannah nodded.

Alex opened his mouth to speak but words wouldn't leave his lips. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. 'Alex...'

'They're dead.'

Hannah's heart stopped as she looked at Alex's face and how his brown eyes were filled with tears within a second. 'They were killed in a car accident,' he continued, his voice hoarse and you could hear, because of his voice, that he was on the verge of crying. 'They had just picked up my brother Daniel, when... When a drunk driver smashed into them. They... They died instantly.'

Hannah looked at Alex, her heart breaking into so many different pieces. 'Alex, I'm... I'm so sorry,' she whispered and felt really stupid for acting like she had. Alex smiled sadly and shrugged. 'At first I lived with my aunt, but... I kinda ran away,' he mumbled the last part. 'You did what?' Hannah asked as she rubbed her eyes as tears had started to fall. 'Yeah, I... It didn't feel right. I didn't belong there, you know?'

'What about Dulaney?'

Alex sighed. 'I never said I went to Dulaney, Hannah...'

'You never said you didn't either,' Hannah answered and Alex frowned. 'Guess I never did, huh?' Hannah nodded and sighed as she had to push further, even though she knew Alex probably wanted to stop talking by now. 'What's going on, Alex? What ain't you telling me?'

'The day I met you,' Alex said and smiled as he remembered the first time he'd seen her. 'Here,' he continued and nodded towards the Gazebo. 'That day I was supposed to go and talk to the people at Dulaney High, to try and work something out, but when I realized I would need a guardian to get in, I decided against it and went straight here, to clear my mind or whatever! To try and figure stuff out.' Hannah nodded and waited for Alex to continue. 'Then I got to know you, and we started to meet up every once in a while and, well y'know,' he mumbled and blushed slightly. 'I didn't want you to know what a fuck up I am. I didn't want you to think what a loser and make you want to avoid me.'

'You're not a loser, Alex. I- I would never think that about you. Ever!' Hannah whispered and stared into Alex's brown eyes. 'You really wouldn't, would you?' he mumbled and smiled. Hannah shook her head and grabbed Alex's hands. 'So...?'

Alex sighed. 'I'm not in school. Any school, at the moment. I work as much as I can, whenever I'm not with you really,' he answered and smiled as he leaned over and pushed a strand of Hannah's hair behind her ear. 'And where are you staying?' Hannah whispered, slightly dreading the answer to her question. Alex swallowed and sighed as he leaned back and rested his back against the seat.

'Here,' he mumbled.

'What?' Hannah whispered and looked around the car. 'You... You live in your car?' she asked and looked at Alex who shrugged. 'Do you really think anyone would rent out an apartment to a seventeen, soon to be eighteen year old? Besides, this car... It's my home. It's been my home for the last two years.'

Hannah shook her head, not really wanting to believe all of this. 'What about during winter? You must be freezing.' Alex smiled. 'During winter, I usually manage to find a shelter or something!'

She couldn't believe it. Alex's parents and brother had died in a car accident. Alex had left his aunt and was now living in his car, working at Zia's Café whenever he got shifts. She leaned her back against the car door, letting out a sigh while the rain continued to fall outside. 'This is...'

'I told you I was complicated,' Alex said and laughed half-heartly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the people who actually DO comment! :) And because of you, I'm going to give you the next chapter and here you'll get to know about Alex's... Past? ;) xxx