Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

Remembering.

'Mom?' Alex screamed as he entered the Gaskarth household. 'Dad?' he continued as he threw his backpack onto the floor. Nothing but dead silence. 'Daniel? Anyone home?' he screamed as he entered the living room to find the room untouched. Alex turned and looked around, rubbing the back of his neck confused as to why there were no one there.

'Weird,' Alex mumbled and shrugged as he sat down on the sofa, throwing his feet on the table while flickering through the channels trying to find something worth watching.

Ten minutes later, the front door opened and Alex spoke while his eyes were locked with the TV screen, 'Where have you guys been? You were supposed to come and pick me up, y'know,' he said and laughed. 'I had to walk all the way home from school, as I didn't have enough money to-' he said as he turned around but stopped talking when he saw his aunt stand in front of him.

'Aunt Ellie, what are you doing here?' he asked and looked at her confused and with a small smile on his lips which disappeared as soon as he saw his aunt. Her green eyes were bloodshot and her skin was pale. She almost looked like a corpse. 'Alex,' she said his name in a way that made Alex know something had happened. Something bad. 'Where is mom, dad and Daniel? What's going on?' Alex asked as he stood up on his feet, slightly swaying back and forth while Spongebob Squarepants talked in the background.

'I-' Ellie said but stopped as she didn't know how to break it to him. 'Aunt Ellie, what's going on? Tell me,' Alex almost screamed as he was starting to get rather annoyed and scared. His heart was beating hard and unsteady. 'You need to come with me, Alex. Your parents... Daniel... They were in a car accident..'

That's when Alex's whole world crumbled. 'But they're okay, right? They're alright,' Alex said, mostly to himself. He looked at Ellie who sighed and more tears fell down her cheeks. Alex knew, though. He knew they weren't okay. 'I'm so sorry, Alex.'

Then, Alex passed out.


Alex sat up, sweat running down his face and his hands shaking uncontrollably. He looked down at them and sighed as he wrapped them around each other, trying to calm himself down the way he'd always done it before. 'One,' Alex closed his eyes and whispered. 'Two,' he continued and took a deep breath. 'Three,' next number. 'Four,' he whispered and slowly his hands stopped shaking as much. 'Five.' His eyes opened and he sighed as soon as he realized he'd had one of those horrible panic attacks. He hated them. Especially having them while being asleep because it makes it so much harder to control them. Alex turned his head around and looked at the empty spot next to him. His brows furrowed as he realized Hannah was gone.

Then the bedroom door opened and Alex turned to see Hannah entering the room with a plate and a glass of milk. She giggled as she skipped over to Alex's side of the bed. 'Here,' she said and handed it to her boyfriend who took the plate and looked at it confused.

He looked up and stared at her in amazement. 'What?' she asked and giggled as she pulled the blanket away and sat down next to him. 'I-' Alex mumbled and looked at the sandwhich on his place. 'Eat,' Hannah instructed him as she nodded towards the piece of bread. 'What are you doing here? I mean, don't you have school?' Alex asked and looked at Hannah who shook her head laughing. 'Nope. Long weekend. The teachers had a meeting or something,' she answered and shrugged as she looked at Alex who still hadn't touched his food.

'Alex,' she said and looked at him concernly. 'Is there something wrong with your sandwhich?'

Alex laughed and shook his head. 'No, I just... I haven't had breakfast in bed since...' he said but stopped as he remembered the last time he'd eaten in bed. It had been the morning his parents and brother had died. 'You should eat though. We have a couple of things we need to do today,' she said and smirked as she looked at Alex who lifted the sandwhich and took a bite.

'We do?' he asked, his mouth full.

Hannah nodded and grinned as she pushed herself off the bed. 'Yeah, we're going shopping!'
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go! :) The first part of it was obviously a flashback! Xxx