Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

Josh.

Alex had been awake for an hour and had been staring at Hannah for almost just as long. The way her brown hair was sprawled across her shoulders and face, the way her mouth parted slightly every once in a while or how her dark lashes were softly pressed against her skin, made him grin like never before. He honestly couldn't believe how he, out of everyone, had been so lucky to meet someone like Hannah; someone so carefree, honest, gorgeous and good-hearted. For the first time in years, Alex actually felt like he belonged somewhere and he hoped to God he never had to leave Baltimore.

He leaned over and pushed a strand of hair that was covering her face. His touch made Hannah wriggle her nose and mumble something, which made him laugh, quietly of course as he didn't want to wake her up. It was early Saturday morning and Alex didn't have the heart to wake her up, even though he was bored out of his mind. But Hannah had been working hard the last couple of days for her midterms and not really been sleeping a lot.

Alex's eyes were facinated by how calm Hannah seemed while sleeping. How her chest was slowly moving up and down, while short breaths managed to escape her lips every once in a while, and how her lashes moved a tiny bit. She seemed so... Peaceful. He smiled as he turned his head around and looked at the clock on his phone, seeing that it was only 6 AM. Groaning quietly, he decided to get out of bed and go downstairs and watch some televison. He swung his feet over the bed counter and placed them on the cold, wooden floor. Shivering ever so slightly, as he had somehow managed to kick his socks off during the night, he walked over to where they had landed, and quickly put them back on. He stretched his arms up above his head as he slowly moved towards the door.

Within two minutes, he was downstairs and staring at the TV screen intensely as an old episode of Spongebob Squarepants was on. He loved that show, mostly because when his brother Daniel was still alive, they always used to wake up early during the weekends, sneak downstairs to the living room with their blankets wrapped around themselves and then they'd watch episode after episode. Well, until their parents woke up at least.

'Alex?'

He turned his head around and saw Josh, Hannah's dad, stand in front of him. 'Mr. Edwards,' Alex said and blushed as he realized he'd been making himself really at home by having his feet on the table. He quickly removed them and laughed nervously. 'What are you doing up already? You do know it's only six in the morning, right?' Josh asked and chuckled as he slowly made his way towards the kitchen entrance.

'Couldn't sleep,' Alex answered and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Josh laughed and nodded, 'I know what that's like. Come on, I'll make us some breakfast as I guess you haven't eaten anything yet?' Josh asked and Alex nodded as he followed Josh into the kitchen.

'Bad dreams?'

'Huh?' Alex mumbled as he walked over to the dining table under the window.

'Are you having trouble sleeping because of bad dreams?' Josh asked Alex who sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. Alex looked at Josh who found two cups on the corner shelf. 'Nah, I'm just not used to...' Alex started to respond but stopped as soon as he remembered that Hannah's parents had no clue about Alex's parents and brother being dead, or the fact that he had been living in his car for the last year and not slept in a bed for just as long. Josh looked at Alex while he poured water into the coffee machine. 'Uh, yeah,' Alex said and smiled nervously. 'Bad dreams, I guess you could say that,' he answered and were fiddling with his fingers nervously. Josh smiled comfortingly towards him as he nodded and started to cut the bread into slices.

Alex sat in his seat, watching Josh as he moved around the kitchen grabbing whatever he needed in the process. It took Josh barely five minutes and he'd made two plates full of sandwhiches. 'Do you need any help?' Alex offered himself as Josh put his plate down. Josh laughed and shook his head back and forth, 'No, no, no. Sit! I'll be right back,' he answered and put his own plate down on the table. Alex nodded and looked at Josh who walked over and grabbed the two cups and the can of coffee. 'Here we go,' he said and sat down, putting one of the cups next to Alex's plate and the other one next to his.

'Dig in,' Josh said and smiled.

Alex smiled and nodded before he looked at the sandwiches lying on the plate in front of him. Never had he ever seen so much food on one plate before. Alex lifted one and held it in front of his mouth for a second before he pushed it into his mouth and sunk his teeth in. His lips instantly turned into a smile as the ham and cheese sandwich tasted amazing.

Josh laughed, which got Alex's attention. 'If I didn't know better, I'd say you haven't eaten anything in years,' he said as he took a bite of his own. Alex smiled nervously and mumbled, 'this is really delicious, Mr. Edwards.' Josh shook his head and laughed as he grabbed his coffee cup, 'Alex, call me Josh. Mr. Edwards make it sound like I'm my dad or something and I'm not that old.' Alex laughed and nodded.

None of them said anything for a few minutes and honestly, Alex thought it would be awkward, but surprisingly, it wasn't. On the contray, actually. It felt like when he was sitting with his own dad back in the days, having breakfast whenever they could. Alex smiled a little as he remembered how his dad always said, 'if you don't tell your mom, I'll let you have ice cream afterwards.'

'So, how are you?' Josh asked and looked at the (what he thought) tense, young guy.

Alex looked at him and shrugged. 'I'm alright,' he answered and Josh looked at him. His green eyes were kind and warm at the same time, making Alex feel a hell lot more comfortable. 'That's good. Alex you know, if there is anything you ever need or anything you want to talk about... You can come to me,' Josh said as he took a sip of his coffee. 'Or Nora, whoever you feel the most comfortable with, and we'll help as much as we can.'

Alex smiled and nodded gratefully.

'I just want you to know that. You're a good kid Alex, and you make Hannah happy. That's all that matters to me. That the two of you are happy.'

'Thank you,' Alex whispered and felt the lump in his throat grow bigger. Josh grinned and nodded firmly, 'Alright then. Now, what do you think of the Ravens this year?' he asked and Alex laughed as the two of them started to talk about how they thought the Baltimore Ravens would do this year.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I'm in a surprisingly good mood so I thought I'd give you another chapter... LOL! Do anyone of you have tumblr? If you do, hit me up on www.mariii90.tumblr.com or twitter which is: www.twitter.com/earthtomarii